Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 01:21 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,656 times

Advertisements

I look at a lot of these threads when I'm not doing schoolwork, and I see some...things. I may not be the Casanova myself, and have had lackluster luck with women. But, here is something I want to share.

Last year there was this girl who worked with me who I had a brief crush on, she worked in the bakery. She rejected me, but that isn't the point. It was afterwards.

For the rest of the summer we became friends, and yeah I took a bit of teasing for asking her out. But here is my philosophy towards this.

Even if she rejected you, treat her fair, treat her with kindness and respect her feelings. Even try to help if you think she needs it, no romantic overtures to it. If you become friends, you can BS with her in some pretty fun ways and you'll both laugh about it. Even if you aren't talking in the future, you can at least know you treated her right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 01:32 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
I did that with the woman at the club who called me a chinker, Lol

Old 04-13-2014, 01:35 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I did that with the woman at the club who called me a chinker, Lol
Didn't have anything to do with being in a club did it?

Old 04-13-2014, 02:16 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,716,751 times
Awwww how sweet and very true. No need in being bitter or angry.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:19 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,421,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I look at a lot of these threads when I'm not doing schoolwork, and I see some...things. I may not be the Casanova myself, and have had lackluster luck with women. But, here is something I want to share.

Last year there was this girl who worked with me who I had a brief crush on, she worked in the bakery. She rejected me, but that isn't the point. It was afterwards.

For the rest of the summer we became friends, and yeah I took a bit of teasing for asking her out. But here is my philosophy towards this.

Even if she rejected you, treat her fair, treat her with kindness and respect her feelings. Even try to help if you think she needs it, no romantic overtures to it. If you become friends, you can BS with her in some pretty fun ways and you'll both laugh about it. Even if you aren't talking in the future, you can at least know you treated her right.

That's how I've always operated.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:51 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
I think that's great.

It seems a lot of people view other people in terms of what they want from them (ie: sex, dating) and if they can't have what they want, they have no further use for that person.

You couldn't have what you ideally wanted, but found she had more than just that to offer (ie: a new friend).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-13-2014, 02:52 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post

You couldn't get her to go out with you so you SETTLED for being the male bestie.

Ridiculous.

Men that truly know their value don't have the time or desire to entertain women that have rejected them.

Glad that you have a new female friend now. Just know that when she finds the right guy that is going
to give it to her the right way....you and the rest of the male bff's are going to be a thought of the past.

Dude....stop giving this chick so much attention and get out there and find a new woman.

Guys that think like you....NEVER get the RESPECT or the WOMAN that they want.

I know because I used to be one of those guys.

Man up.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:12 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
You couldn't get her to go out with you so you SETTLED for being the male bestie.

Ridiculous.

Men that truly know their value don't have the time or desire to entertain women that have rejected them.

Glad that you have a new female friend now. Just know that when she finds the right guy that is going
to give it to her the right way....you and the rest of the male bff's are going to be a thought of the past.

Dude....stop giving this chick so much attention and get out there and find a new woman.

Guys that think like you....NEVER get the RESPECT or the WOMAN that they want.

I know because I used to be one of those guys.

Man up.
I don't think he's trying for her anymore. I think he's just her friend. I see no issue with that. If I were to ask out a girl and she rejected me, I would still be friendly with her and talk to her like nothing happened. I would also date other women.

I see no reason why a guy should get all worked up over a rejection and cut every woman out of his life just because she doesn't want anything romantic with you.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:18 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't think he's trying for her anymore. I think he's just her friend. I see no issue with that. If I were to ask out a girl and she rejected me, I would still be friendly with her and talk to her like nothing happened. I would also date other women.

I see no reason why a guy should get all worked up over a rejection and cut every woman out of his life just because she doesn't want anything romantic with you.

I guarantee you that if she asked him out on a date (WHICH SHE MOST LIKELY WON'T) he would say yes so fast her head would spin.

The reason why women put men in the friend zone is because we let them.

Nothing wrong with being nice to this woman.

However, he is making a huge mistake if this woman is the only one that he is talking to.

Why should he settle for less than what he wants. I can tell by his last paragraph that he is settling.

He wanted a girlfriend.....she didn't see him as that guy.....and now he has settle for just another guy that is interested in her.

Like I said earlier. Wait till she finds the guy that is going to take care of her the way she wants.

This dude is going to be left to dry.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:44 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,929 times
Real men value women's friendship as much as, or more, than their sex.

Desertkid is a real man, USAdork is not. Desertkid is headed towards a much happier, and sexier, life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships