Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:55 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,042,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Hate to break it to you my man, but unless every woman you date is a virgin, u aint exactly getting first dibbs either...just some food for thought...but either way, hes not happy now anyway, so what would be the difference if, according to you, hes not supposed to be happy with leftovers either?...I mean, effectively you're saying the problem is him, not women...??...because if womrn CURRENTLY view HIM as unworthy tablescraps, therefore meaning he would HAVE TO wait until he is attractive to women on his level, then that would make him the source of the problem in the first place...which I dont necessarily agree with
Women are only ever attracted to a small percentage of men. They'll leave everyone else out in the cold if they can. Sadly for them, our culture as yet has not fully shed its monogamist heritage. And the alpha male types will grow tired of them.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:55 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,145,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
It's not that you're wrong. It's that you appreciate it too much. You're getting yesterday's table scraps, and are happy about it. Like it's some kind of happy coincidence that women finally take an interest once their options run out and they need their bills paid.

Hate to break it to you my man, but unless every woman you date is a virgin, u aint exactly getting first dibbs either...just some food for thought...but either way, hes not happy now anyway, so what would be the difference if, according to you, hes not supposed to be happy with leftovers either?...I mean, effectively you're saying the problem is him, not women...??...because if women CURRENTLY view HIM as unworthy tablescraps, therefore meaning he would HAVE TO wait until he is attractive to women on his level, then that would make him the source of the problem in the first place...which I dont necessarily agree with

Old 04-17-2014, 08:57 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,900,613 times
Quote:
Women are only ever attracted to a small percentage of men. They'll leave everyone else out in the cold if they can. Sadly for them, our culture as yet has not fully shed its monogamist heritage. And the alpha male types will grow tired of them.
A small percentage of men? Have you been to a Walmart? Or perhaps you should go to an activity at my kids' school to see that plenty of average men have managed to find women to be with. Do you spend time with average people..or is this something that is floating around online?

Old 04-17-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
It sure sounds like it from what you wrote. I'm surmising that if a 30 year old woman is unmarried and you would meet her that you would assume she'd rejected a lot of guys along the way and for that you'd dislike/assume?
Basically, having come to understand reality, I'm just not inclined to do them any favors. It would be a hollow, naive gesture. I know they wouldn't do the same for me, in most cases. If you decide one of them is the best avenue for your goals in life, fine. But harboring illusions about "love" would be silly. It's a farce.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
A small percentage of men? Have you been to a Walmart? Or perhaps you should go to an activity at my kids' school to see that plenty of average men have managed to find women to be with. Do you spend time with average people..or is this something that is floating around online?
I've seen more than enough in real life. I didn't say they could keep the party up forever. Eventually, they've got to stoop to men on their level of attractiveness or become cat ladies. But not after they've given their best to others.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I've seen more than enough in real life. I didn't say they could keep the party up forever. Eventually, they've got to stoop to men on their level of attractiveness or become cat ladies. But not after they've given their best to others.
I don't really get your theory. It assumes younger women are all running around rejecting guys...I'm sure sometimes this might be true...other times not. Other times they are being rejected by guys.

When I was younger I was in a LTR that I thought would lead to marriage...the guy dumped me. After that I was in a dry spell. Not every woman who doesn't find herself married at a young age is in that position is so because they "didn't stoop to men on their level of attractiveness".

Old 04-17-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Right you are, but its like I tell women who are always complaining that there are no good men out there, or that all the single men over x age are emotionally broken losers: if you were all this, and all that why werent YOU able to compete for a trophy buck when it mattered in your prime?...in othere words, if ure supposed to be the cats nipple or the cream of the crop, where were you during the rock paper scissors tournament to win one of the prizes that alot of other women, who mustve had something you didnt have got?....

well the same goes for men, in my book...usually when you ask people that question, you might as well go grab a snack, because you're bound to get hungry as you sit back and watch the excuses roll in

Old 04-17-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Right you are, but its like I tell women who are always complaining that there are no good men out there, or that all the single men over x age are emotionally broken losers: if you were all this, and all that why werent YOU able to compete for a trophy buck when it mattered in your prime?...in othere words, if ure supposed to be the cats nipple or the cream of the crop, where were you during the rock paper scissors tournament to win one of the prizes that alot of other women, who mustve had something you didnt have?....

well the same goes for men, in my book...usually when you ask people that question, you might as well go grab a snack, because your bound to get hungry as you sit back and watch the excuses roll in
For some people it is just about life circumstances...perhaps thinking a relationship might lead to marriage and then it doesn't for a variety of reasons. But I'm sure there are people of both genders who are unrealistic about who they can attract.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:12 PM

377 posts, read 620,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
What's wrong with that belief? It's only natural that someone's inner game would improve at age 30 because you're most likely to have a stable job and your own place by then. You also grow not just physically, but mentally as well.
I don't buy the concept of "inner game". Women don't care about a man having a stable job or their own place, seeing as most men do and it's expected of just about any potential suitor. Rather, it is the good looking men women are interested after, and the average men are then the "back-up". Meanwhile, unattractive men find themselves in the same position as the one described in the OP: comforting themselves in delusion that someday they will be "loved".

Old 04-17-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
For some people it is just about life circumstances...perhaps thinking a relationship might lead to marriage and then it doesn't for a variety of reasons. But I'm sure there are people of both genders who are unrealistic about who they can attract.
Yeah, its always something, let most people tell it....always....I hear you tho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships