Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:22 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times

Advertisements

Adding: I've dated serious athletes and "participating" means going to watch and cheering like crazy while they are doing their thing and being charming to the sponsors and nice to his friends. The most strenuous thing about it was shopping for the beer for the after party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 09:41 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I'm having a hard time finding a guy that does have interests that are not physical in nature. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Really? Doesn't seem like it'd be that big of a deal for them to engage in those activities without you.
In this area, going hiking or for a bike ride is a common 2nd date activity.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:47 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
Are there any guys out there that don't like hiking or playing sports for fun
I like playing sports but not with or against the person I'm dating. I'm too competitive and it might not end well. I also don't like hiking but can put up with it. It doesn't sound like your physical limitation would be a deal-breaker for me.
So, yeah, there are guys out there for you.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:59 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Find a guy who is into video games. Shouldn't be hard. Call my ex.

Even when people say on their internet profile that they like sports, it doesn't necessarily mean it is true (like my ex, who pretends to be a sports freak but only gets his arse off the couch to get more food).
Seriously, "liking sports" might translate to, "I go to a couple of baseball games a year and sometimes host a Superbowl party." Not everyone who self-describes as liking sports is an athlete.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:13 AM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I have a suggestion for you. Find something that you are interested in and learn to be good at it. If you can't share an activity, you will make yourself more attractive if you have an activity of your own. If a man really does participate in sports, he might not mind if you don't play, but he isn't going to like it if you are sitting home doing nothing and then whining about how he doesn't pay any attention to you and that you are bored sitting home by yourself.
+1.

It doesn't even have to be active, just something you enjoy that makes you happy. Book club, college classes you're interested in, etc..

Old 04-23-2014, 10:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
I would have trouble dating someone that isn't active. It's how I spend my free time, weekends, and vacations. I can do it all solo, no problem there, but it would limit the relationship since we won't be traveling together or spending much time together.

So, I'm torn on this one. Yes, would be good to date, yes, it might be a limiting factor.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:07 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Wasn't I telling you, timberline, when you had the opposite complaint, that you should move to the NW? . And NWgirl, clearly you should move to where timberline lives and girls don't hike. Apartment swap!

Old 04-23-2014, 05:32 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Wasn't I telling you, timberline, when you had the opposite complaint, that you should move to the NW? . And NWgirl, clearly you should move to where timberline lives and girls don't hike. Apartment swap!
I like hiking. I'm incredibly slow at it, but I do enjoy it-especially if it's a hike in which I can bring my camera.

I know on some of the sites you can explain your answers to some questions and others you can't. On eHarmony, one of the questions is "How often do you go to the gym?" I picked "Never" but added the explanation I prefer to exercise at home, which I do almost daily in some form. On another site, I may put 5-7, which isn't true but is the correct answer for how often I exercise.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:42 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post

I've lived on the West Coast (well on SF) and don't like the mellow/chill/laid back vibe at all. Beautiful habitat into Northern Cal and Oregon, but the people I can't deal with.

I like New England, and I love my job, not going anywhere.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:29 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,214,359 times
I can care less about sports, but do enjoy hikes and camping, bike riding. I'm not a phy fitness nut per say, but do try to stay in shape at 53.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships