Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 08:33 PM

281 posts, read 247,305 times

Advertisements

So my question is why do women blame other women when their bf/husbands cheat on them ? Most of them time they do not criticize the men as much, and put most of their anger on the other woman.

One of my friend's husband cheated on her. She criticized and cursed out that women instead and asked her to stop calling him, etc.... Well, he did not stop contacting her and she again, contacted the woman, and confronted her. Of course she was angry with the husband too, but to me, she let him off the hook more than he deserves. I mean at the very least, he should be responsible for 50% of the problem.

Well, what I meant to say is women tend to put more energy in "confronting" and "dealing" with the other woman, rather than dealing with the husband/bf.

I am wondering if people have the same observation or experience? And if you are the woman/man being cheated on, and you did this, would you tell me why? And if your confrontation with the other woman bring any relieve or do you get angrier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 08:37 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I think it's them taking their insecurities out on the other woman. They think their husband/bf see's something in the other woman that she doesn't have. It's a pretty normal and common response. Doesn't make it right though.

I agree the person doing the cheating the relationship should take more than half of the blame. When I was younger, I used to think attacking the other woman was the right thing to do. Thank God I got out of that mentality haha. But most women realize it's the spouse that needs to take the blame and eventually end up breaking up with them. I see more of this in the younger crowd. Older women just cut and run when their spouse cheats.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:38 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
idk, I know dudes who've been thrown out for cheating. It doesn't seem like too many women blame the wrong person.

Just sayin

Old 04-22-2014, 08:40 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
The woman is the threat, I guess.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:42 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,511 times
Yes. A very good example is Angelina Jolie. EVeryone hates her for 'stealing' Brad from Jen. My sister hates her for the very reason. I told her, why are you only angry at her, Brad is to be blamed too and she said ya, him too but she said Angelina is a home wrecker.

While the woman is at fault, the guy is equally guilty.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I think it's them taking their insecurities out on the other woman. They think their husband/bf see's something in the other woman that she doesn't have. It's a pretty normal and common response. Doesn't make it right though.

I agree the person doing the cheating the relationship should take more than half of the blame. When I was younger, I used to think attacking the other woman was the right thing to do. Thank God I got out of that mentality haha. But most women realize it's the spouse that needs to take the blame and eventually end up breaking up with them. I see more of this in the younger crowd. Older women just cut and run when their spouse cheats.
I see this in younger women too. LoL so you were one of those women huh? Well, I was one too. Anyhow, someone I knew is going thru the same thing, but she is not young. Friends keep telling her it's your husband you should deal with, but nope, she has this obsessive thing going on with the other woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
idk, I know dudes who've been thrown out for cheating. It doesn't seem like too many women blame the wrong person.

Just sayin
Thank god!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
The woman is the threat, I guess.
thank you for replying...

Old 04-22-2014, 08:45 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
You go after whatever is threatening your marriage aggressively. Then you deal with your spouse over time. The threat has to be removed in order to do that though. This is why I would guess.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Yes. A very good example is Angelina Jolie. EVeryone hates her for 'stealing' Brad from Jen. My sister hates her for the very reason. I told her, why are you only angry at her, Brad is to be blamed too and she said ya, him too but she said Angelina is a home wrecker.

While the woman is at fault, the guy is equally guilty.
Yup, I heard this too. And some of them even give men "excuses" ---like men will always like new experiences, will always have affair, etc......

I am not sure yet how to process these excuses, but ...wow!

Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,511 times
Honestly if my husband cheated on me. I only blame him. And we are also over. I am more than willing to give him away to her mistress. I won't even fight any of them. Honestly not worth it.

End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
Yup, I heard this too. And some of them even give men "excuses" ---like men will always like new experiences, will always have affair, etc......

I am not sure yet how to process these excuses, but ...wow!
Wow is right. I can't relate to that stupidity. New experiences..? Having affair acceptable? LOL... talk to the hand

you won't have fun in MY expense..

Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Men do the same thing -- usually physically.

It's because they want to keep their partner, so they can't put all the blame on them. They have to think it was somehow not their fault, maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships