Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 02:44 PM

160 posts, read 384,829 times

Advertisements

I found the guy I knew in 6th through high school on facebook. I message him and he seemed excited to hear from me. He gave me his number and asked if I was single. I remember in high school he wrote a letter to me telling me he liked me but I was dating at the time. We talked on the phone and he told me he remembered writing me a letter told me who I was with at the time because I had forgotten. We talked for a while and he told he tried to find me but he thought I was married with kids with a different name. And then he told he would call me. I woke up the next morning and he sent me a text telling me good morning. And he called me yesterday and he said we have alot of catching up to do. He explained to me what kind of guy he was and he was making sure he wasn't freaking me out.
He wanted to see me this Sunday but I have plans with my family and he would have to check his schedule and he"s on call this week. But I see on facebook he post shows that's he"s watching and stuff and the first night we talked he was hanging out with friends. Last night he told me he would text but never did and the next morning I asked if he was free tonight he told me no darlin
Am I being to obsessive cuz I really like this guy... I can't get him out of my mind and I keep thinking about marriage. Ehhh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 02:48 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourglass45 View Post
I found the guy I knew in 6th through high school on facebook. I message him and he seemed excited to hear from me. He gave me his number and asked if I was single. I remember in high school he wrote a letter to me telling me he liked me but I was dating at the time. We talked on the phone and he told me he remembered writing me a letter told me who I was with at the time because I had forgotten. We talked for a while and he told he tried to find me but he thought I was married with kids with a different name. And then he told he would call me. I woke up the next morning and he sent me a text telling me good morning. And he called me yesterday and he said we have alot of catching up to do. He explained to me what kind of guy he was and he was making sure he wasn't freaking me out.
He wanted to see me this Sunday but I have plans with my family and he would have to check his schedule and he"s on call this week. But I see on facebook he post shows that's he"s watching and stuff and the first night we talked he was hanging out with friends. Last night he told me he would text but never did and the next morning I asked if he was free tonight he told me no darlin
Am I being to obsessive cuz I really like this guy... I can't get him out of my mind and I keep thinking about marriage. Ehhh
Ya.. take a nice deep breath....

Old 04-23-2014, 02:50 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Your post is dripping with desperation, somebody hand me a towel please!

FYI...

desperation is a very unattractive quality that will cause emotionally healthy and attractive people to run the other direction.

Let it rest.

When a guy really wants to know or be with a woman, he let's her know.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:52 PM

356 posts, read 1,269,224 times
take a step back please or you are going to get hurt. I am assuming that 6th grade was a long time ago?.. you have no idea who this guy is today nor he you

treat it like any other date.. with a new guy. See how it goes. dont stalk his face book to see if hes really where he says he is and what hes doing.

if he wants to get together he will make plans with you and keep trying to find a time that works. if he doesnt he wont.

keep it in your mind at the stage it really is.. not falling in love and getting married but maybe getting together with someone you used to know to see what happens.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:54 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Your post is dripping with desperation, somebody hand me a towel please!

FYI...

desperation is a very unattractive quality that will cause emotionally healthy and attractive people to run the other direction.

Let it rest.

When a guy really wants to know or be with a woman, he let's her know.

Awww. Best post ever!!!!! So true. So full of wisdom!!!

Old 04-23-2014, 03:23 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
You had me up until the bolded part. Are you thinking about marriage in general or are you thinking about marriage with this guy because he chatted with you?

Old 04-23-2014, 03:34 PM

678 posts, read 1,065,269 times
Yep you're being obsessive, just take a deep breath and take a step back, just keep it simple and catch up on old times and see where it goes from there.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:20 PM

160 posts, read 384,829 times
Thanx you guys

Old 04-23-2014, 07:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Make plans with him.Stop stalking him.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:02 AM

639 posts, read 678,879 times
Yes Yes Yes... he likes you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships