Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 07:07 PM

9 posts, read 4,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Just let it roll off your shoulder that she turned you down, don't make an issue of it. Beat off for a while, hit the gym, put some distance in your relationship and make her miss you. Maybe even instill a little dread that other girls find you attractive. Flirt or talk to other girls. You don't need to cheat but be out there The only solution is to reignite her attraction for you. You can't beg, plead, or question your way back into her pants. Desire cannot be negotiated. Desire cannot communicated. It is organic and you must create it and maintain it, or you will lose your girlfriend, wife or fbuddy
I see man. Also, i think part of what was bothering me a lot was that I was lacking connection with her. Conversations were not intellectual at all, she wasn't a very deep thinker.

Had I made that move though the first time she did this, it could have changed things. Is there ever gaining any ground from this stuff or should I just focus on the next relationship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 07:13 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach125 View Post
I see man. Also, i think part of what was bothering me a lot was that I was lacking connection with her. Conversations were not intellectual at all, she wasn't a very deep thinker.

Had I made that move though the first time she did this, it could have changed things. Is there ever gaining any ground from this stuff or should I just focus on the next relationship?
Ask yourself this. Do you want to be with her? Actually her? Or are you just worried it may take some time to find another girl? If you had options on the back burner or were confident you could quickly find a new hottie, I bet we wouldn't be having this conversation, right?

It would be hard, and likely take a complete 180 in your behavior with her to keep her into you and that seems difficult. I would move on man. She seems like a ball of drama and your already nearly out the door.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:20 PM

9 posts, read 4,922 times
Quote:
Ask yourself this. Do you want to be with her? Actually her? Or are you just worried it may take some time to find another girl? If you had options on the back burner or were confident you could quickly find a new hottie, I bet we wouldn't be having this conversation, right?

It would be hard, and likely take a complete 180 in your behavior with her to keep her into you and that seems difficult. I would move on man. She seems like a ball of drama and your already nearly out the door.
I already have a couple numbers and I didn't even ask for them. They've been texting me a lot and show interest. It is the fact that I was hooked up with this girl by my family and there were a lot of expectations, so I think the failure is what's eating at me. Also, the sex thing after the breakup got me thinking, what the hell? You know?

I think she's too high maintenance emotionally for me. She mentioned things how she was her "daddy's princess" growing up and that made me cringe in a way. She's very sweet at times and committed but I think overall the connection isn't really there for me, especially in conversation. She was a big cheerleader throughout college and now coaches and it seems all she has to talk about is immature girl drama. I'd rather put that aside after a long day and just relax.

The 1.5 years invested is another thing too, but where it's kind of fresh I'm trying to sort out my feelings.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:26 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach125 View Post
I already have a couple numbers and I didn't even ask for them. They've been texting me a lot and show interest. It is the fact that I was hooked up with this girl by my family and there were a lot of expectations, so I think the failure is what's eating at me. Also, the sex thing after the breakup got me thinking, what the hell? You know?

I think she's too high maintenance emotionally for me. She mentioned things how she was her "daddy's princess" growing up and that made me cringe in a way. She's very sweet at times and committed but I think overall the connection isn't really there for me, especially in conversation. She was a big cheerleader throughout college and now coaches and it seems all she has to talk about is immature girl drama. I'd rather put that aside after a long day and just relax.

The 1.5 years invested is another thing too, but where it's kind of fresh I'm trying to sort out my feelings.
It's tough but I think you know what you need to do man. Good luck brotha.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:36 PM

102 posts, read 141,904 times
Quote:
It's tough but I think you know what you need to do man. Good luck brotha.
Thanks for all the help buddy. Did you go through anything like this before and learn from it?

I do think I could've been attractive, but I do think her own issues contributed to some degree

Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
Why do you want to be saddled with her emotional baggage? Count your blessings and move on.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:14 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Why would you want to be in this relationship? It sounds horrible.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:34 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
That's what I am thinking.^^^

I am stuck in one and this guy is scratching and clawing his way in one.

Save yourself and run!!!!

Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
She doesn't know what she wants. That's pretty clear.

But whether her heart is in the right place or not, she's jerking you around. Either she's in a relationship with you or she's not. But this weird limbo you're in with her makes zero sense for you or for her.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:04 AM

102 posts, read 141,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
She doesn't know what she wants. That's pretty clear.

But whether her heart is in the right place or not, she's jerking you around. Either she's in a relationship with you or she's not. But this weird limbo you're in with her makes zero sense for you or for her.
Well she told me I was the one and she really wanted marriage. I told her I felt a ton of pressure and she blamed her sex issues on the reason why I wouldn't marry her and said she wasn't good enough. I told her that those things cause a lot of people to be miserable so I wanted to continue to work on the relationship and have fun without all of that. Things never really got back on track after that. I felt like she was trying rush into marriage and I could say that I didn't know/don't know what I want. It's hard to tell if marriage with ME was what she wanted or just marriage and the white picket fence especially after a relationship with a guy that abused her. In the back of my mind, I felt I couldn't rely on what she was telling me. The thing that I wonder tho is it she did really love me in that way or if she she wanted a ring to have one.

There were some ups and downs and then downs. I just always felt tension around her like I couldn't relax. When I told her this she said she felt the same from me. The last thing that really just did me in was we were sitting at breakfast having a great time and I told her we should back to my house after and be close. She told me she felt pressured for sex again. That was really my breaking point and she just told me I wasn't patient enough and she was trying.

Maybe I was, however, I can't take that anymore and hopefully can find a girl that isn't that sensitive. She kind of had this prudish behavior about her, real uptight. Didn't get my jokes and would get mad at me if I said something inappropriate. I think I let my family put too much pressure on me. I know now to quit caring so much and work on myself to help the anxiety from these situations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships