Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 11:42 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Watching her may rev his engine, but I'm the one who gets to enjoy the ride
This is how I feel.

I don't "get" celebrity culture so I don't really have a crush on anyone in the spotlight, but I understand you cannot control attraction.

My wife is free to like what she wants, I'm the guy she comes home to every night. It's only rewarding me in the end

I would have a slight issue if she couldn't go a day without mentioning her crushes and whatever imaginary scenarios she had in her mind about them however...

But I think that is a separate issue from having crushes in general...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 11:45 AM

592 posts, read 802,833 times
Honestly, is strange for a guy to cut off sex with your gf. A little jealousy is understandable, it keeps you on your game but I think you're overreacting.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:50 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
I think the real issue here is a grown woman posting statuses on Facebook all the time... not so much having a celebrity crush.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:53 PM

836 posts, read 1,032,204 times
Default she's 37???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
She's 37
She's 37 and still having little celebrity crushes??

I'm 24, and have not had celebrity crushes since I was a pre-teen (before social media was really even a big thing!) No disrespect to her, but that seems really childish to me.

Additionally, even if you are overreacting, as a mature woman she should be more understanding after you told her how you feel. She should save the celebrity crush gossip for sleepovers with her friends (if she still has them... lol) and leave it off social media if it makes you feel a certain way. If it persists, I hate to say it but maybe you should part ways because it's not healthy for you to resent her for something that she continuously chooses to do. You've already told her how you feel about it and she just said you're overreacting. Only two options from here:

1) suck it up
2) tell her good luck with "X" and walk away from the relationship

Old 05-05-2014, 01:57 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
I'd definitely dump her. Anyone who would sleep with Daryl Dixon over Rick Grimes has a screw loose

Old 05-05-2014, 02:17 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Bwah hahaha. Yeah, you're overreacting. OP, if the TV character your girlfriend likes so much manages to leap out of the TV screen and whisk her away from you, do let us know.

My late spouse used to tease me about going to Philadelphia Flyers games - he'd say the only reason I wanted to go was so that I could sneak off while he was in the men's room and run away with Danny Briere. He was able to maintain a proper sense of humor about my silly little meaningless crushes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
This thread is very confusing. OP hopes to punish his GF for being attracted to another man by withholding sex from her?

And the other man is a fictional character?
The mind reels, doesn't it?

Old 05-05-2014, 02:38 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthbearer1 View Post
I wonder what the opinions would be from the female posters if the OP were a girl talking about how her man goes and posts about wanting to **** a female celeb.
Well, mine is constantly posting here slobbering over some celebrity or another, and how he would "sop her up with a biscuit," etc. (I don't think he's talking about brunch.) I just laugh at him. It doesn't bother me at all. And vice versa. Some people don't believe it, but it's true. If he was ever lucky enough to meet any of these women, I have no doubt at all that he would remain faithful to me. It's all just some fun we're having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't mind. My husband crushes on Gwyneth Paltrow, who is getting a divorce (he told me). I told him if he can afford her, go for it.
(We were just watching a tribute to Greg Giraldo, and saw a clip of him goofing on Gwyneth, talking about how she and Chris (at the time) just spend all their time gazing into each other's eyes and burning piles of money. LOL.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I'd definitely dump her. Anyone who would sleep with Daryl Dixon over Rick Grimes has a screw loose
Team Daryl and Team Rick.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:39 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,990 times
I came to my senses and reconciled and got over it. We had a talk and all is well. It was unlike her, we've been together 17 years and I saw it mentioned about 4 times it was kind of immature on her part. I think the poor girl is having mid life crisis and now I feel for her (there was other weird behavior late last year with some girl friends of hers having sleepovers). I went through it already and have come to grips with it, so bring on the 55+ discount and l'll drive slow in the left lane. She's younger than me by over a decade so losing the youth is getting to her, I suppose. I'll take the heat and admit I overreacted. I guess if that's the most pressing crisis in my relationship, then I'm doing better than many. I'm just too dog tired right now to multi qoute and respond to all the posts, but all were read and appreciated.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:41 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
I came to my senses and reconciled and got over it. We had a talk and all is well. It was unlike her, we've been together 17 years and I saw it mentioned about 4 times it was kind of immature on her part. I think the poor girl is having mid life crisis and now I feel for her (there was other weird behavior late last year with some girl friends of hers having sleepovers). I went through it already and have come to grips with it, so bring on the 55+ discount and l'll drive slow in the left lane. She's younger than me by over a decade so losing the youth is getting to her, I suppose. I'll take the heat and admit I overreacted. I guess if that's the most pressing crisis in my relationship, then I'm doing better than many. I'm just too dog tired right now to multi qoute and respond to all the posts, but all were read and appreciated.
Good news.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:32 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Good to hear all worked out well!

For the record, I always had a crush on Jennifer Garner. However, I do not think I would do it with her now if I had the chance. I would rather just be with my wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships