Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 09:05 PM

774 posts, read 906,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
If you can't attract the women you're attracted to, then how can you not feel like a loser, especially if you have a deep desire for love? You've lost out on an essential human experience because you weren't genetically healthy enough and/or materially successful enough.
If you can attract and appreciate a woman who feels like a loser..........................

One loser plus one loser equals two winners but one winner plus one winner often equals two losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 09:06 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
So far, all the replies have been feel-good platitudes
Ah, yes. The old complainer who resists any help. What a fun type to work with.

Again, what do you WANT to happen, OP?

Old 05-19-2014, 09:16 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
So far, all the replies have been feel-good platitudes
No, the replies have actually been the truth, but i do understand how inconvenient the truth can be for some of you

Old 05-19-2014, 09:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
this is an excellent question. i will try to answer.
i do not get my sense of worth by conquest of women.
i get my sense of worth by kindness, appreciation and involvement with cats, plants & art.
when i finally figured this out, the line of women formed outside my door.
and i am 66 years old LOL.
i guess better late than never.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:26 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Quote:
...because you weren't genetically healthy enough and/or materially successful enough.
You are limiting yourself with these labels: "genetically [un]healthy" and not "materially successful enough". You've made these judgments about yourself, based only partly on your experience. Another person might well come to a different conclusion and adjust their behavior accordingly, based on the same experience as you've had.

You are doing this to yourself because you don't feel worthy enough. Why? Answer the question and you'll find a solution.

Work on it.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:28 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
If you can't attract the women you're attracted to, then how can you not feel like a loser, especially if you have a deep desire for love? You've lost out on an essential human experience because you weren't genetically healthy enough and/or materially successful enough.
Honestly, it is difficult to answer questions phrased like this. There is such a combination of sadness, desperation, frustration and hopelessness in it, I just feel like any suggestion I might try to give will get thrown back in my face.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:46 PM

338 posts, read 385,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
this is an excellent question. i will try to answer.
i do not get my sense of worth by conquest of women.
i get my sense of worth by kindness, appreciation and involvement with cats, plants & art.
when i finally figured this out, the line of women formed outside my door.
and i am 66 years old LOL.
i guess better late than never.
I always do my part to make sure guys like you are welcomed and feel just as much part of the action as you ever were before as well. It's part of my character.

Those "young studs" wish......they WISH alright!

Bullitt - Steve McQueen Famous Car Chase - YouTube

Old 05-19-2014, 09:59 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,025 times
Quote:
You've lost out on an essential human experience because you weren't genetically healthy enough and/or materially successful enough.
And you made it to an egg while millions of other sperms cells from the same ejaculation ceased to evolve, while you at least were givien the opportunity to live life as a human - although with the possibility of not experience the level and/or type of romantic experiences that you want.

As usual. . . .

Life is not fair.

Embrace that fact and it will lead you on the path you were always meant to travel on.

Sky-O

Last edited by Skydive Outlaw; 05-19-2014 at 10:50 PM..

Old 05-19-2014, 10:13 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
If you can attract and appreciate a woman who feels like a loser..........................

One loser plus one loser equals two winners but one winner plus one winner often equals two losers.
that's Deep !! Quite a philosophical statement....

OP, get a hobby. Find some things to do that you can enjoy. Over time, hopefully you teach yourself to be ok alone. Some reach such mental state, some don't. Good luck, it is a difficult road.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:14 PM

867 posts, read 909,510 times
Look I'm a religious man, don't believe in any of this stuff I'm about to write. It's just saddening to me to see people without a sense of purpose. So, I will give you purpose. You are an atheist and look everything through the eyes of evolution. Fine. I'm not going to give you a platitude as you call them.

So survival of the species depends on being fit and being sexually selected. Being fit for us humans is pretty simple: you typed something so I assume you are not writing from the great beyond and as a result you are fit. Congratulations. Now, your problem is sexual selection. Will you pass your genes on? Not a problem I struggle with but an existential problem for you.

Here is the solution. Marry pretty much any woman who will have you and can procreate. Remember, this isn't about love it's about passing your genes on. Now, when you have children I suggest having many children. Who knows which will be genetically superior or inferior to others and you can't have all your eggs in one basket. Then make them drink tons of milk, get involved sports, do well in school. You know do those things you never did in life, clearly. This way they will grow into strong, tall, competitive alpha males. Then they will be able to marry the models you could never marry. This is great because your genes have not only been passed on but now you have passed your genes onto a superior gene group who will be both fit and sexually selected.

There, you have purpose now. Go live life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships