Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 03:51 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldTigeer View Post
I won't pay a cent if the test shows he's not my son. A woman can get criminal charges over this in my country and the result, at very least, includes paying back what you've spent with the child. Your name is also removed from the birth certificate, obviously.
Did you see my question? What do you plan to do about your relationship with the boy? Will you continue to see him, or will you see your children without their brother?

Old 05-22-2014, 03:53 PM

240 posts, read 240,406 times
Quote:
I won't pay a cent if the test shows he's not my son. A woman can get criminal charges over this in my country and the result, at very least, includes paying back what you've spent with the child. Your name is also removed from the birth certificate, obviously.
There is a country that is still sane, AND it has internet access?

Where are you from? I gotta check flights.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:57 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
Quote:
Of course I'm already attached to the little boy but I still feel like it's something I should clarify now.
I think it all depends on whether your attachment to the child extends to the idea that he is an innocent child and regardless of who's child he is, he doesn't deserve to be punished for this. Or you think if he isn't your child, you could care less how he feels. If it is the first case, you probably should leave it a mystery.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:58 PM

332 posts, read 435,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I think it all depends on whether your attachment to the child extends to the idea that he is an innocent child and regardless of who's child he is, he doesn't deserve to be punished for this. Or you think if he isn't your child, you could care less how he feels. If it is the first case, you probably should leave it a mystery.
How about that an innocent man doesn't deserve to be punished for this?

Why doesn't anyone care about that?

Old 05-22-2014, 04:11 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
You could just do what millions of men have done over the ages, turn a blind eye and TAKE him as your son, regardless of biology.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:11 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
My partner and I have been together for 15 years and we're going through separation right. We had 2 children almost immediately after another, they're 13 and 12. We also have a 2 year old son.

By the time he was born things had been deteriorating for long. She suspected I was cheating and when I proved her I wasn't, we reconciled and well, she got pregnant.

However, I always had a doubt in the back of my mind about him, since we were separated for a while before we made peace. Of course I'm already attached to the little boy but I still feel like it's something I should clarify now.

What would you say?
Tests are $30 AT WALMART. Send out a swab to a lab, pay another $130 and you get your results. In my opinion, every birth certificate should include DNA match, before anyone is proclaimed a father, but of course that will never happen. Your intuition has been developed for thousands of years, and it is there for a reason. If you feel something is off, it usually is. Go for it.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:13 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
How about that an innocent man doesn't deserve to be punished for this?

Why doesn't anyone care about that?
I do. My question has nothing to do with punishing the OP.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:14 PM

332 posts, read 435,996 times
I'm sure the "Man Up" shaming language will start in 3......2.......1........

Old 05-22-2014, 04:16 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
You could just do what millions of men have done over the ages, turn a blind eye and TAKE him as your son, regardless of biology.
A man can be a father to a kid, but DESERVES to know if he is his biological father or not. Passing ones genes is important to men, and for this reason we seek loyal and less promiscuous women. Thanks to DNA testing, we can now find the truth. Men do not burry their heads in the sand, and pretend like the truth doesn't matter. We believe in honor, loyalty and consistency of character. WE do not however, change our mind on important decisions based on whether we benefit from it or not, at any given moment. Feminists were fighting not to long ago to make DNA paternity testing illegal. What a shocker.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:17 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceShamWow View Post
It's callous and cruel on the part of the cheating, lying, mother, not the guy who isn't his biological father. The kid is 2, he'll never even remember.

The female responses here are absolutely incredible.
How is she cheating and lying when they were separated and I don't recall anywhere that the original poster stated they are legally married.
So when they were separated they both are free to date whomever they choose and there is/was no guarantee they were going to work things out and get back together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships