Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 01:58 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Riiiight...............................you're the one who's butthurt.
If you say so. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 02:28 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I try to be as polite as possible which I have to change into being firm and rude sometimes.

I get alot of unwanted attention pretty often. Not sure why. I would - of course - rather have cute guys notice me but what attention I get the most is:

The worst behaving drunk guys in bars always end up crying on my shoulder.
Super bad dancers who embarrass themselves with uncoordinated movements always end up trying to dance with me when I am sitting near the dance floor.
Homeless guys are - for some reason - always talking to me and not to the people I am with.
My ex called me "freak magnet".

Old 05-27-2014, 02:44 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I try to be as polite as possible which I have to change into being firm and rude sometimes.

I get alot of unwanted attention pretty often. Not sure why. I would - of course - rather have cute guys notice me but what attention I get the most is:

Super bad dancers who embarrass themselves with uncoordinated movements always end up trying to dance with me when I am sitting near the dance floor.
Homeless guys are - for some reason - always talking to me and not to the people I am with.
I am in the same boat as you. I put effort into my appearance, dress up, look nice, smell nice. And my recent suitors are.

1. A 19-21 year-old that was still in HS, and had gold teeth.
2. A creepy old guy--looked late 30s to early 40s that unloaded the truck where I used to work, who thought it fine to stand right next to me, and stair in my face. I had to ask "do I know you?" Which he laughed and left. Then stopped to stair at me again before he left. Ugh
3. A bum that wasn't dressed well, and apparently didn't have a care--rode a bike. Who asked for my number.
4. Another creepy-looking fellow who tried to stair at me subtly when I was checking out for groceries.
5. A guy who was just weird, and on drugs
6. The thugs, and drunks, and obnoxious, that hang out next door

Really a confidence killer when I dress my best, and the only attention I get is not only unwanted, but from the loser/creeper crowd

Fortunately, I could ignored most of those.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:50 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I am in the same boat as you. I put effort into my appearance, dress up, look nice, smell nice. And my recent suitors are.

1. A 19-21 year-old that was still in HS, and had gold teeth.
2. A creepy old guy--looked late 30s to early 40s that unloaded the truck where I used to work, who thought it fine to stand right next to me, and stair in my face. I had to ask "do I know you?" Which he laughed and left. Then stopped to stair at me again before he left. Ugh
3. A bum that wasn't dressed well, and apparently didn't have a care--rode a bike. Who asked for my number.
4. Another creepy-looking fellow who tried to stair at me subtly when I was checking out for groceries.
5. A guy who was just weird, and on drugs
6. The thugs, and drunks, and obnoxious, that hang out next door

Really a confidence killer when I dress my best, and the only attention I get is not only unwanted, but from the loser/creeper crowd

Fortunately, I could ignored most of those.

Exactly my experience.

However - you have to be careful posting such stuff here - people might respond that you are overly confident and maybe not realize that the guys hitting on you are on the same level and that you should be thankful to get their attention.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:57 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Exactly my experience.

However - you have to be careful posting such stuff here - people might respond that you are overly confident and maybe not realize that the guys hitting on you are on the same level and that you should be thankful to get their attention.
Damn. That's exactly what I was gonna say.............

Old 05-27-2014, 03:00 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Exactly my experience.

Oh, I try to be, and not come off as arrogant. It's not the typical-"only Brad Pitt is good enough for me." So much as I don't want bums, or thugs, and old men. lol

I am quiet, shy, a bit old-fashioned. And I don't care for drinking, or smoking, drugs, etc.

But the creepy old men, thugs, druggies, and drunkards are all interested-and it doesn't help that I didn't find any of them physically attractive either. Maybe it's the price of living in a small town--who knows. .

I have some pix of myself posted on another site.. I get many comments saying I am sexy, or pretty. But given my lack of positive attention in real life, I have to doubt that. I would say in my life time, I have been laughed at, hit (physically), and picked on by guys more than asked out, or flirted with.

Last edited by HappyRain; 05-27-2014 at 03:09 PM..

Old 05-27-2014, 07:05 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
I hate it when old, ugly, scraggly men gawk at me. I can be pumping gas, minding my own business and some old geezer will be grinnin' and skinnin' and when I try to ignore him, he will yell, "how ya doing?". Ugh.
This will blow your mind, but I can relate. I have had quite a few (male) perverts doing the same thing to me.

THROAT PUNCH!!!

You like me now?

Old 05-27-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:

Interesting, when I was homeless, it was the other way around. I got a ton of people trying to talk to me. I was the one doing the avoiding.

When I was homeless, I considered almost all attention unwanted attention.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Interesting, when I was homeless, it was the other way around. I got a ton of people trying to talk to me. I was the one doing the avoiding.

When I was homeless, I considered almost all attention unwanted attention.
Homeless?! Hmmm.

When I did a job 3 states away I slept in my cargo trailer a few times just to get the feeling of homelessness.

The feeling of watching everyone returning to their homes and I was trying to figure out where I would park for the night was liberating. Mind you I went to a public restroom to wash up. I was making a ton of money at that time. Just a good life experience.

Back to the topic... I never liked attention and my scowl kept people at bay.

I have since lightened up and have showed more interest in others. I smile more and am friendly.

People don't bother me too much.

My experience is: "That's a cool jacket! Just not on you!"
"OMW something smells amazing!" "It's me." "No." (Take my tie off and throw it at her) "It's this tie!!! Mmmmm!"

Old 05-28-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Homeless?! Hmmm.

When I did a job 3 states away I slept in my cargo trailer a few times just to get the feeling of homelessness.

The feeling of watching everyone returning to their homes and I was trying to figure out where I would park for the night was liberating. Mind you I went to a public restroom to wash up. I was making a ton of money at that time. Just a good life experience.

Back to the topic... I never liked attention and my scowl kept people at bay.

I have since lightened up and have showed more interest in others. I smile more and am friendly.

People don't bother me too much.

My experience is: "That's a cool jacket! Just not on you!"
"OMW something smells amazing!" "It's me." "No." (Take my tie off and throw it at her) "It's this tie!!! Mmmmm!"
That was my experience. However, I may have smiled at the wrong time in front of the wrong person because that resulted in the creepiest couple of years of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships