Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 09:45 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,690,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
But in every case, the retail value of a first date is $10
I had no idea what a big consideration cost was during dating until I stumbled upon CD. Heck even when I was dirt broke it never seemed to be an issue. If I wanted to go with a guy then we'd just go out and no, I never expected him to pay. Of course, I'd only go out with guys who I was interested in - so they were pretty few and far between, but seriously, how many women do you guys ask out on a weekly basis to be this worried?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 09:49 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
I had no idea what a big consideration cost was during dating until I stumbled upon CD. Heck even when I was dirt broke it never seemed to be an issue. If I wanted to go with a guy then we'd just go out and no, I never expected him to pay. Of course, I'd only go out with guys who I was interested in - so they were pretty few and far between, but seriously, how many women do you guys ask out on a weekly basis to be this worried?
This. I always went Dutch, at least on the first date.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:52 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
I'd love to go with you and enjoy ice cream. It's nice, and sweet, and makes me feel good. Science has proven this.

Now that I think about it, what kind of person does not want to go out and eat ice cream? She sounds like a crazy person. Why fret? It's not normal to turn down ice cream, marginalizing it as some immature escapade. It's eating ice cream...

Last edited by Yiuppy; 06-04-2014 at 10:01 PM..

Old 06-04-2014, 10:01 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
According to the OP, enough dates to be scrutinizing their bank statement.

I don't think it would be an issue if guys actually got something in return on the first date (whether it's a second date or getting laid) but apparently, that's not happening, ergo, questioning the woman's intentions about dating (shes dating for free meals) Lol

Old 06-04-2014, 10:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
According to the OP, enough dates to be scrutinizing their bank statement.

I don't think it would be an issue if guys actually got something in return on the first date (whether it's a second date or getting laid) but apparently, that's not happening, ergo, questioning the woman's intentions about dating (shes dating for free meals) Lol
A woman is in a WIN-WIN situation since she is going to see if she clicks with a guy and if not she still got a meal out of it

Old 06-04-2014, 10:57 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I met this woman on OKC the other night and she was not too excited about my first meet suggestion and was like..........."I;m not in high school anymore" and would rather go to dinner and a movie?

So only teens like to sit outside on a nice summer day and eat ice cream? Have you ever heard of something so silly? How does she know that ice cream meeting would not lead to dinner if things were flowing the right way? She clearly is hungry and looking for a free meal
I like ice cream.

Rocky road. Or some mint chocolate chip. Perhaps gold medal ribbon.
Maybe Some caramel.

Maraschino cherries. They are so hard to find in the grocery store though. It's like the ice cream shops made a deal with grocery stores to hide the cherries hoping that in turn people would give up and just go get ice cream at the Ice Cream shop.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:06 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
A woman is in a WIN-WIN situation since she is going to see if she clicks with a guy and if not she still got a meal out of it
It's statements like this that are why I won't meet you at the Franklin Fountain.

Seriously though, couldn't the same be said about a guy? And why aren't you going Dutch treat if these women are running you broke?

Old 06-05-2014, 01:32 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Quote:
To some men it's nothing to treat several woman to dinner and not hear from them again but that's not the case with me. I like to spend my money wisely
If you're regularly not hearing from women again after the first date, you're either dating the wrong women or you're doing something wrong on your dates.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:00 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Perhaps gold medal ribbon.
Man, I haven't had that in ages! Scoop of that with a scoop of Baseball Nut may be in order for this evening and there is a Baskin Robbins conveniently on my way home.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:08 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times
She may not eat ice cream... although I'm a guy I will give my input. I only eat ice cream maybe once a year. My body is not used to it because I'm a clean eater and severely limit my processed sugar intake.

Also, she may be lactose intolerant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships