Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 02:19 PM

32 posts, read 41,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So this has happened to me a couple of times. I meet a guy off the dating site I'm on, we have a first date/meet it goes pretty well, I don't hear from them and then a couple of months down the road they start excessivley looking at my profile again. I guess I don't get it because I'm the kind of girl who meets you if its not mutual, I move on....I don't stalk your profile months down the road, cause chances are I have forgotten about you!

So I met a guy back in January, thought our first date went well, I was a bit shy but we still had good conversation...the next day after the date I texted him to tell him I had a good time (which I usually don't do, but just wanted to let him know I was interested in case he didn't get that impression), I got back a cold response, and that was it. So in the past couple of weeks he's been viewing my profile again, and this past weekend he's looked at it about 3 times. It seems more than just sheer curiosity, I just don't get it, if you weren't interested in me 4 months ago, you're not going to be interested in me now. Oh well, just had to vent!

BTW I'm sure women do this as well.

I think they are masturbating with fantasy of possible sex they could have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 02:23 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetenjak View Post
I think they are masturbating with fantasy of possible sex they could have.
Yes, definitely this.
He is also imagining all of your friends and family naked.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:56 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,488,560 times
I met my husband on OK Cupid.

We went out on one date. A few days later I got a brush-off email.
Three months later he emailed me and asked what he could do to get back in my good graces.

Turns out he was talking to another woman when I messaged him originally, and his mother convinced him to keep his options open and go out with me too. He felt guilty seeing two women at once and brushed me off. The other one fizzled a few weeks later...a few months later he decided he was done dating, but he felt guilty about not really giving me a chance and wanted to see if there was something there.

I decided that since we weren't exclusive on that first date and he was polite about the whole thing, that it was worth giving him another chance. We chatted on the phone every night for 3 weeks before our schedules worked out that we could have a second first date. That really helped too - he had to be semi-serious or he wouldn't be spending so much time getting to know me.

13 months later we got married.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:05 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,808,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiebuttercup View Post
I met my husband on OK Cupid.

We went out on one date. A few days later I got a brush-off email.
Three months later he emailed me and asked what he could do to get back in my good graces.

Turns out he was talking to another woman when I messaged him originally, and his mother convinced him to keep his options open and go out with me too. He felt guilty seeing two women at once and brushed me off. The other one fizzled a few weeks later...a few months later he decided he was done dating, but he felt guilty about not really giving me a chance and wanted to see if there was something there.

I decided that since we weren't exclusive on that first date and he was polite about the whole thing, that it was worth giving him another chance. We chatted on the phone every night for 3 weeks before our schedules worked out that we could have a second first date. That really helped too - he had to be semi-serious or he wouldn't be spending so much time getting to know me.

13 months later we got married.
That's great! however your husband was actively trying to pursue you 3 months later. This guy just merely viewed my dating profile a couple of times 5 months after we met, so not even remotely enough for me to consider even giving him a second thought! Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships