Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 11:06 PM

625 posts, read 953,075 times

Advertisements

I have a question about my situation. I am dating a single mom of 4 kids. I was always honest with her when I said that I would never marry her because she has 4 kids, none of which I am the father of. I wasn't going to marry anyone. That is why I am still single, never married, and no kids. I even told her last week that if we had never met, I would still remain single. I enjoy visiting her kids, and I like kids. But if I had married, I would have my own biological kids with the spouse and start a family of my own. I do love her, but I was always clear and honest about this. She always knew where I stood, but she would want me to come visit and she would want me to spend time with her and her kids. Whenever I spend time with her, she constantly talks about a guy who was her off an on FWB for years. Honestly, I think she is also in love with him. Why is she still keeping me around if she knows where I stand on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 12:03 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Maybe she just enjoys your company and getting out of the house and having someone to do things with instead of just being "mom" every minute of the day. The usual suspects.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:11 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,000,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
Why is she still keeping me around if she knows where I stand on this?
Same reason you are keeping her around: sex and companionship. And a bird in the hand is worth something something bush.

What is wrong with men, here, that they think women are some kind of aliens?

Old 06-03-2014, 12:11 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
I have a question about my situation. I am dating a single mom of 4 kids. I was always honest with her when I said that I would never marry her because she has 4 kids, none of which I am the father of. I wasn't going to marry anyone. That is why I am still single, never married, and no kids. I even told her last week that if we had never met, I would still remain single. I enjoy visiting her kids, and I like kids. But if I had married, I would have my own biological kids with the spouse and start a family of my own. I do love her, but I was always clear and honest about this. She always knew where I stood, but she would want me to come visit and she would want me to spend time with her and her kids. Whenever I spend time with her, she constantly talks about a guy who was her off an on FWB for years. Honestly, I think she is also in love with him. Why is she still keeping me around if she knows where I stand on this?
She thinks she can change your mind.

I disagree that you love her.

Love doesn't look like this.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:22 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,274,629 times
She knows you're probably the only one crazy enough to go out with her knowing she has 4 kids.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:36 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,823 times
Does she want to marry you? Maybe she's okay with the arrangement as it is.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:39 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Your whole posting history is your post here. What do you expect?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-03-2014, 03:56 AM

625 posts, read 953,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
She thinks she can change your mind.

I disagree that you love her.

Love doesn't look like this.

The fact that I didn't marry her doesn't mean that I don't love her. If I didn't love her, I wouldn't have been her boyfriend for several months, especially in a complicated relationship whereas she has 4 kids, none of which I am the father of and she is still in love with her ex FWB whom she knew for 8 years! She says that she is not in love with the ex FWB, but she actually is still in love with him, because she constantly talks about him around me and she thinks about him all the time. Honestly, if we didn't get back together after a two month breakup, she probably would have just gone back to her ex FWB despite the fact that he is still married.

She told me in March after I talked to her again about this that she wanted me to meet her family because she was hoping that I would change my mind. But I never changed my mind. No way would I have married in this situation. I had this discussion with her again last week when she talked to me about the other guy after our date. Believe me when I say this. I was always honest with her. I told her that I wasn't going to marry anyone, but if I had married, I would have had my own biological kids with the spouse and started a family of my own. I even asked her if she would do the same for me. I asked her if I was the one with 4 kids and she was single, never married, and no kids would she do the same for me. She replied "I don't know". Honestly, I really don't think anyone would have done the same for me if I was in her situation.

Last edited by anonymous51; 06-03-2014 at 04:12 AM..

Old 06-03-2014, 04:06 AM

240 posts, read 240,509 times
I looked at your posting history. Why do you keep posting this same thing over and over and over and over???

Who cares why she took you back? She's a single mom with 4 kids, she's not going to have a lot of options.

Congrats on being the best of few options.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:46 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
She's killing time with you.

She wants marriage. I guarantee you if someone else came along and offered her that shed drop you like a hot potato.

Why do you post the same thing over and over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships