Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 03:28 PM

240 posts, read 240,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Ehhh, I'm on the fence. I've always had a "whatever happens, happens." attitude about dating/romance in general.

I don't put that much thought into it like that. I just don't think it's necessary. Most of the crushes and interests I have had, all happened by chance. The way my feelings are if I am going out with the intention of meeting someone, I never meet anyone and I am almost never attracted to anyone that way. Everything has always happened by chance with me. As crazy as some may think this is, that is how things always happened in my experience.

I know a lot of people think you have to action into your hands when dating, and that is true. But real connections usually happen out of the blue, at least that's how it has been in my experience. I just think things happen naturally. What ever happens, happens. It is what it is. I don't think it's really anything to stress about.
Only women can successfully take that blasé attitude to dating, because men approach you.

If a guy has that philosophy, he's a virgin for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 03:47 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
No, the key to romance is to pay attention to the person you are dating, to be present in the relationship. Speed, doesn't matter. Listening does.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:55 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceShamWow View Post
Only women can successfully take that blasé attitude to dating, because men approach you.

If you say so.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:27 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times
the key to success in romance is to put your efforts into those who actually reciprocate your feelings 100%. If someone you are interested in does not express the same level of interest in you do not spend even another second of your precious effort or resource on them, any time spent on them is time NOT spent finding the one who is going to have a high level of interest in you.

Way too many people, especially men, spend way too much time on people who are not 100% into them. Eventually that ends in either a breakup or worse divorce.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:31 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

In any case, the key is to fill your life and keep busy. The last thing you want to do is have time to be sitting around thinking about rejection.

Thoughts?
Yap. Agree 10000%. Just way too late for me to KNOW that for a fact. I was once one of the million lonely people in the world who sit around thinking about rejection. What a waste of 3 decades of my life. Really.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:33 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
the key to success in romance is to put your efforts into those who actually reciprocate your feelings 100%. If someone you are interested in does not express the same level of interest in you do not spend even another second of your precious effort or resource on them, any time spent on them is time NOT spent finding the one who is going to have a high level of interest in you.

Way too many people, especially men, spend way too much time on people who are not 100% into them. Eventually that ends in either a breakup or worse divorce.
Exactly.

And the way to do that is to take action.

I'm fully convinced that a man would be happier having sex with 2 women he's so-so into than being single and pining after a woman who friendzoned him who cares absolutely nothing about him.

You should always have something going on so to speak.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:34 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceShamWow View Post

That's probably true.

But women definitely deal with the same issue when it comes to friendships. I'm pretty positive women get blown off a lot.

So, they can apply it to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships