Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 12:20 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times

Advertisements

they just want somebody young, that's all it boils down to as close to teenie bopper as can get without going to jail.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 06-10-2014 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 12:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Older man with Audrey Hepburn ingenue who is too naive to detect nonsense is a dynamic as old as the hills.

And if the 19-year-old were my daughter, I'd be having words with you.
If she were 29 and you 39, that would be one thing, but at your age, 10 years is a bit predatory and exploitative. She hasn't even had a legal beer yet. You're nearly 30. Nope!
In all seriousness, I'm with you.

I would have to seriously check this guy out because there is the appearance of predatory behavior at first glance.

However, in all fairness to older, slow to mature guys - there are some of them who at 29 could be as emotionally mature as the average 19 year old. It happens.

If a guy like this was interested in my 19 year old daughter I'd be less than thrilled, but not willing to run him off if she felt really comfortable and happy with him, PROVIDED he was actively working on some good life goals and had integrity and character.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:52 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Maybe. I just don't like the negative press these age gap relationships almost always get when one scenario is really a good outcome.

I would say the same for the age gap relationships with older women and young men when the commonality is the guy is very submissive and the lady is very dominant type but with good head on her shoulders and has an appreciation for kind sensitive respectful passive seemingly easy to walk all over males except the female acts as protector
So basically you have a 29 year old who isn't mature enough to date women his own age able to date someone 10 years his junior is what you are saying?

Old 06-12-2014, 12:53 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
In all seriousness, I'm with you.

I would have to seriously check this guy out because there is the appearance of predatory behavior at first glance.

However, in all fairness to older, slow to mature guys - there are some of them who at 29 could be as emotionally mature as the average 19 year old. It happens.

If a guy like this was interested in my 19 year old daughter I'd be less than thrilled, but not willing to run him off if she felt really comfortable and happy with him, PROVIDED he was actively working on some good life goals and had integrity and character.
While I have dated my share of older guys, I tend to agree with you. Often when there is such a large age gap you have to wonder at the maturity level of the older person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships