Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 07:25 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsbob View Post
Guys like that are obsessed with showing off in front of his friends.

In his head, all of that is fine because he knows he's trying to make a joke. He doesn't give a crap about whether or not it's rude/inappropriate. If people think it's rude, he'll just say "chill out bro," "learn to take a joke," or "why so serious?" etc. Or he's gonna say it was a joke and expect people to be ok with it.

Unfortunately, that's how some people behave these days. It's like they have no boundaries.

I've seen awful behavior like that when I was in school. These were students in their mid 20s and you would have thought they were in high school if I had told you some of the stories I have.
Or he'll roll out the tried and tested, "U mad, bro?" Be warned. When you encounter anyone who uses this combination of words in written or oral form, you're dealing with a mental midget. Treat him as such!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 07:38 PM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BeautifulDisaster- View Post
Has anyone else seen, or even perpetrated this kind of act before?

I was in the mall today shopping for some new clothes and as I was walking toward the food court for lunch, I pass by a guy and his (I assume) girlfriend, who both appear to be in their early-mid 20s. At the same time, a group of three "jock" looking guys about the same age walk by and one of them openly and shamelessly says to the girl "Hey babe you should ditch the zero and get with the hero haha", referring to himself. He laughed with the other two guys he was with then they continued walking. The girl and her boyfriend looked disgusted but did not say anything back.

Does this crap happen a lot??? I know I should mind my own business, but that was so disrespectful! Just wanted to see if anyone has seen something like this or similar. Any thoughts are welcome.
Ignore. You can't argue with stupid.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:44 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
Yes. It happens all the time. Any guy who's not a thug, jock, criminal, or other scumbag has to deal with this kind of crap from thugs, jocks, criminals, and other scumbags.

The sad part is, she may have acted disgusted, but if she runs into that jock some other time, she'll waste no time hopping in his bed.

Oh well. Not my problem.
Right. Noiw THAT is a loser post.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:53 PM

323 posts, read 308,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Right. Noiw THAT is a loser post.
Yeeessss, because anything that doesn't conform to your little worldview is automatically wrong. Nevermind what countless numbers of men have experienced, it doesn't fit into a Disney fantasy nor conform to the popular propaganda.

Meh. Whatever. Have fun classifying anyone who doesn't say things you agree with as whatever you want. Not my problem.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:01 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
I notice that the romance aspect of relationships is now in rigor mortis, and what has replaced it is sexual crudeness and plain old rudeness. Kind of a "let's ________" sort of approach, not unlike animals on Animal Planet. Nothing appealing about it. No mutual admiration, no sort of courting kind of thing, none of that. Just plain rudeness is what nowadays passes for courting and dating, etc.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:03 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I notice that the romance aspect of relationships is now in rigor mortis, and what has replaced it is sexual crudeness and plain old rudeness. Kind of a "let's ________" sort of approach, not unlike animals on Animal Planet. Nothing appealing about it. No mutual admiration, no sort of courting kind of thing, none of that. Just plain rudeness is what nowadays passes for courting and dating, etc.
The crudeness was from a source outside the relationship though. OP doesn't claim to know the couple from the food court, and there is nothing to suggest their relationship fits the description you've given.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:30 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
"Jock" guys are full of it. Think they are the "bees knees" and better than everyone.

Its been like this for centuries and always will be. Fortunately they realize in the 50s etc that they are indeed not the best-est of the best.

I really have no time for people like this, everyone is an individual. They may look good/fit but internally they have a heart of stone. Really though we don't have that here. I doubt it would go down well.
I could not go around being like that... having a heart of stone.

I could not get involved with a guy who has a heart of stone.

I need an emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical connection with the guy.

That is how I am wired.

I am glad that I found all four in my husband.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:34 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The crudeness was from a source outside the relationship though. OP doesn't claim to know the couple from the food court, and there is nothing to suggest their relationship fits the description you've given.
Yeah...

The member who replied did get off topic.

And there is nothing to suggest that the young couple's relationship fits their description.

However, in my opinion, it does explain how other young people are currently approaching dating.

Last edited by snugglegirl05; 06-08-2014 at 08:54 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 08:35 PM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Ignore. You can't argue with stupid.
This.

Engaging in conversation with bully strangers is something I'd avoid at all costs.

Quote:
Does this crap happen a lot???
I sure hope not. Just when I think humanity can't get much worse...

Old 06-08-2014, 08:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BeautifulDisaster- View Post
Very nice! I bet they had nothing to say after that remark LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
He should have said "Hun, you want to leave me and go with them so you can watch these three slap each others asses in the shower?"
actually it is more devastating when the girl puts the guy down. why? because it shows that the guy with the girl is confident that his girl is going to stay with him, and the girl gets the fun of putting a guy down in front of his friends safely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships