Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 12:26 PM

288 posts, read 255,604 times

Advertisements

I was never a tom boy, just always had more guy friends growing up then girls. It started with my best friend growing up being a guy. From then I always had a few girl friends, but majority were guys. To this day it's true, I get along better with men then the, what the new trend is. I don't like " girly girls" that dress their pets to match their outfits ( I take my dog everywhere and one sales associate told me it would look cute if I painted my dogs nails pink), not happening, but I'm also very feminine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 01:01 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I wasn't a tomboy, but I played video games, was super into music, loved gadgets, and watched sports in my teens. I also wore a lot of dresses and don't like to get dirty.

Now I am a little more disillusioned with pro sports, and watch less frequently and I am more of a casual fan. Still don't like getting my hands dirty, but killing bugs is fine. And I wear dresses most of the time. I'm a girly girl but still like some guy stuff.

I was chatting with a guy the tiger day and he was absolutely shocked that I loved video games. Apparently I don't look like the type.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:35 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
I think 10 percent sounds about right. When I hear masculine female, I think Danica Patrick. She looks masculine in her driver's suit, but put her in a bikini or mini dress and she's clearly all woman and a pretty fine one at that.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
You want a woman that can keep up with the boys yet has feminine features.

The young kids call this person a "Mixure".Girl and boy in one.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:26 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You want a woman that can keep up with the boys yet has feminine features.

The young kids call this person a "Mixure".Girl and boy in one.
Yeah, I'm not into that Xena mighty Warrior Princess.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yeah, I'm not into that Xena mighty Warrior Princess.
Ok no war cry then?

Old 06-15-2014, 03:52 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ok no war cry then?
Id freak out. Now her little blonde side kick is pretty hot; that I'll do.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:00 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Now, I like a lot of different types of women, but for me I can really only see myself with masculine types. Not the types that are bodybuilders, not the types that are meth head biker chicks, maybe it's a mix, IDK. I have dated my fair share of different personalities and although I have enjoyed their company, I would say the women I tend to have more in common with are the masculine ones. I've dated hipsters, hippies, gold-diggers (short-lived), the girl next door (little Ms. America if you will), the very horny church goer (I do not go to church), and the all out prude rich daughters. I struggled from time to time with women because I didn't want to commit to one of these personalities, like I said we enjoyed each other, but I just didn't have all that in common with them.

So, I recently have been dating a nurse that is highly attractive for me and she likes to go to boxing class (huge turn on). Think of the Mila Jovovich type, my question is for the women out there. What percentage of women are this type?
Enough of them.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:22 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Just in your little ring of friends, I'm obviously not looking for precision or some national poll. Just in your own personal everyday life.
I only have one close girl friend. I wouldn't call her masculine although she does have short hair. I could probably kick your ass but I'm fairly girly as well. I've been called ballsy though.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Id freak out. Now her little blonde side kick is pretty hot; that I'll do.
Lol you dig Gabrielle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships