Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 10:45 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeguy35 View Post
I am a man yes he is into and he trust you. Most men do not open up unless it is a woman they care deeply for. It is very hard for men to open up and trust. It may take awhile for him to sort out his romantic feelings however.
True. I know, as a man, opening up about some things does not come easy. Or quickly. There were things I had not discussed in detail with my girl, even though I trust her with my soul. I didn't open them all the way up because I bad trouble discussing them with myself. A certain incident in our lives changed that, and I let it all go in a counseling session. Not for my benefit, but hers. I wanted her to know how much I love and need her, how implicitly I trust her, and that there is no cross I won't bear for/with her.

Now, mine is a deeply committed relationship. Where the OP is is just the beginning. ANY opening up should not be taken for granted, however. Not if you plan to pursue the relationship. So let him open up. Maybe open up a little yourself. One step at a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 11:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Just be careful what you do with the information opened up to you.

He is testing you in a sense to see if you will keep it confidential or blab his life over an Internet foru.....

Never mind.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:48 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlove88 View Post
I'm seeing a guy and we really have a deep connection. Last night on the phone, he opened up to me about what his dad does. He told me his dad is a pastor, how he grew up as a PK, and how hard it was for him. Does this mean he's really into me since he's starting to share about his emotions?
I knew a dude who used personal disclosure like this as an m.o. to get women. They took it as a sign that he was into them, so they'd start to get more intimate with him. Only you can decide if he was above board with this or not.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:51 PM

216 posts, read 438,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I knew a dude who used personal disclosure like this as an m.o. to get women. They took it as a sign that he was into them, so they'd start to get more intimate with him. Only you can decide if he was above board with this or not.

This is definitely a risk. But to be more optimistic, and to directly answer OP's question, yes this is a sign of healthy communication.

However, just because a guy can open up about his family hardly means that he is ready and game for a long term relationship, or is LTR material for you.

The best course of action is to continue to date, take it slow and be honest and open with one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships