Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 06:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Do you think it is perhaps an unwise or unhealthy decision for a woman to cook and clean for her boyfriend, assuming they are both in a long term relationship, not living together and these are not his expectations (she does it out of desire, not expectation or obligation).

I don't understand rules on links on here so I guess I won't post a link but I was reading a question on another website where a young girl said she cooks and cleans for her boyfriend, but they do not belong together. All of the responses (females) said that what she's doing is a no-no, those are wife privileges and it leads a man to think "why buy the cow when I can get the milk for free?"

Do you think it's wrong for a woman do to that?

This isn't about me either. I love cooking and baking and I've baked peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for the guy I'm seeing. He used them to make ice cream sandwiches ha. But I see nothing wrong with a woman cooking or cleaning for her man, as long as he is taking care of her (emotionally, physically, sexually, and also helps her out). As long as it's done out of the kindness of your heart and not because you feel as though it's your duty.

But I do plan on cooking and cleaning once I get married. That's a no brainer to me. Call me old fashioned but I think if the husband is the bread winner then he should be able to come home to a warm meal and clean house. Just my opinion.

Back to original question, bad for a bf/gf situation?
Privileges?
Washing his dirty underpants and scrubbing the pi$$oir is a privilege now?
Be still my heart!
That's what I grew opposable thumbs for?

Old 06-22-2014, 06:47 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
idk why someone would clean a place they're not living in. Cooking might make sense when she's visiting and staying for dinner, or overnight. Unless he wanted to cook for her. Maybe she's one of those people who just likes to clean...?
Well, I only did it once. We were having a bunch of people over for dinner. The place needed a once over.

I don't think I've ever been called submissive.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-22-2014, 06:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Privileges?
Be still my heart!
Hahaha the 1950's called.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:52 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Do you think it is perhaps an unwise or unhealthy decision for a woman to cook and clean for her boyfriend, assuming they are both in a long term relationship, not living together and these are not his expectations (she does it out of desire, not expectation or obligation).
at?

Back to original question, bad for a bf/gf situation?
As long as she's ok with setting the expectation that she's willing to do it forever, then I don't see why it would be bad.

If she does those things before marriage, she can't get mad if he expects it after marriage.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:52 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Not surprising. Submissive is super hot.
Cooking and cleaning doesn't really seem submissive. Labeling those things submissive sounds like the work of a feminist who just can't comprehend how a woman or man would actually take care of his or her spouse and the house.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:55 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Privileges?
Be still my heart!
Hello! Marriage privileges for the guy, to get waited on like that.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:57 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Not surprising. Submissive is super hot.
Ew. Perv.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:58 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Meh. I have done domestic duties for a BF before, and he did things like install the dishwasher at my house. I didn't feel like I was acting like a wife, I was just helping out, and so was he.
Yep, I look at it as a true partnership, and you pull your weight. When my husband was my BF, we operated much the same as we do married...we each did a share of what needed to be done. Sometimes, you do more, sometimes, your partner does more. But neither should be taking the things the other does for granted.

Also, I don't think cooking and cleaning are submissive. They are just things fully grown people do to make life run smoothly.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Cooking and cleaning doesn't really seem submissive. Labeling those things submissive sounds like the work of a feminist who just can't comprehend how a woman or man would actually take care of his or her spouse and the house.
I so agree with you! Cooking and cleaning are important tasks that need to be done and done regularly.

There is nothing "submissive" about either job.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:14 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yep, I look at it as a true partnership, and you pull your weight. When my husband was my BF, we operated much the same as we do married...we each did a share of what needed to be done. Sometimes, you do more, sometimes, your partner does more. But neither should be taking the things the other does for granted.

Also, I don't think cooking and cleaning are submissive. They are just things fully grown people do to make life run smoothly.
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships