Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 12:29 AM

173 posts, read 460,164 times

Advertisements

Okay there is this wonderful man, that I am in love with...we are even thinking we are meant to be together, you know get married.

He has asked me to take off my bridal set, which I guess he thought was from my previous marriage, actually I wore them because I am a Christian and they symbolized my marriage to Jesus Christ.

But I went on and took them off, as well as my earrings at my sweetie's request, (he is very conservative)

And other such ways we have let each other know and confirmed our mutual feelings for each other

Anyway, Father's day we are at church and sitting across the aisle from each other, because not being married yet, we are not permitted to sit together, so anyway I fall asleep during the service, not during the gospel message, but while poems are being read, that sort of thing.

But while I am sleeping he sits and watches me from across the church...it was really cute, and sweet, every time I woke up, I opened my eyes and looked right into his.

The following wednesday, he walks up to me and smiles and because of something one of my sisters said to me, I lost my mind and freaked out.......she told me, this man that I love is never gonna marry me,

I have suffered rejection, pain and abuse in my life...nothing to do with him, he's a sweet man

But for a brief and weak moment I let her words come to my mind and I reacted and told him (the man I love, that I thought I was wasting my time on him)

He said okay and turned and walked away.

Today he came back to church for the first time since that dreadful wednesday....

And being in love with him...and realizing my problem is (I should never ever talk about how wonderful, or anything else my man is...with my sisters,) I wrote him a little note of sincere apology asking him to forgive me for behaving foolishly the way I did... I mentioned just how my heart beats so fast every time I see him, that it feels like its about to leap out of my chest, and I filled a tiny gift bag with Hershey's kisses (that's my way of kissing him...because I cannot even hold his hand until after we are married)

I swallowed my nervousness and walked up to him and put the gift bag in his hand...he said "oh, I wasn't expecting this, I don't know what to say"

I said just say thankyou...

And then I shook his hand, (I can't touch him any other way) And then he said..."how are you doing sister"

I say fine

He says "what's your name again"

So I popped him (love tap)

Then we had this whole ten or fifteen minute conversation, about how he used to know my name, but he forgot it...because he doesn't hear it mentioned too often, and that he knows that I know who he is, but for real he forgot my name....

I asked him if he was playing with me, he said no...he's a straight forward person, and he is not playing...

(This man cracks up laughing at me all of the time) I mean really quite frequently I cause him bouts of uncontrollable laughter, just because I had a jealous tantrum in the middle of church or something.

Anyway, because now that he is so adamant that he has no idea what my name is, I am wondering have I gone mad...IS he the guy that's been looking at me, and flirting with me, and giving me the impression we are gonna get married because we both want each other...

Or have I gone completely mad, and fabricated this whole relationship and all of our interactions...IS he even a real dude

So I asked him, if he was the guy that's been going around here--(he interrupted me) and said yeah he is the guy...but he just forgot my name...don't take it personal...and don't be offended,

I told him (it is personal) and maybe what is in the bag, the message I am trying to convey maybe I shouldn't have given that to him...because it IS personal...maybe TOO personal, as in perhaps, I am out of line giving it to him...since we don't seem to view our "relationship" in quite the same light.

I was wondering should I seriously ask for it back...before I do any more harm...

He gave me this look of...well when a man utterly despises a woman, finds her completely undesirable and maybe even beneath him, looked me briefly up and down my torso and turned his head, before he was called over to talk to our pastor.

I was floored...

I was completely flabbergasted the whole ride home

I got home and told my two adult kids, who know how I feel about this man...and how I thought he felt about me......."HE DOESN't KNOW MY NAME, HE DOESN't KNOW MY NAME.....WHAT!!!!!!????????

My son said to me..."Momma, either the man got alzheimers, is mentally unstable and truly can't remember your name".

"Or he is getting back at you for telling him, 'you think you are wasting your time on him'".

*****Of course me...miss rejection magnet, came up with another possible explanation....maybe I never meant anything to him...so maybe he DID forget my name.

At any rate, the note in the gift bag with the chocolates was asking him to forgive me...and telling him, I don't think I am wasting my time on him...he is worth everything in this world to me...I think he is perfect.

Thoughts anyone?????????

Old 07-03-2014, 12:43 AM

377 posts, read 533,054 times
If he used to call you "sister" or "hon" or any number of names couples give to one another, he may have just forgotten, since your name wasn't said often. If you spoke without saying your name, it's very possible. Think about your conversations, I'd bet you were past the" Hello Jane, what do you think about going out for dinner" ...." I think that's a fabulous idea, Chuck" phase. Some people are horrible with names. I have dated women who's names would escape me, simply because I have trouble recalling names sometimes. I can recall a face, but names elude me.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:54 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
i also forget names now and then, even with women i have flirted with on a regular basis. some of us just have very poor memories for some things, heck sometimes i forget my own name.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:36 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times
I only got halfway through reading the opening post and I started crying so hard I couldn't continue reading it anymore. Will try to finish reading it later! Sorry about that!

Old 07-03-2014, 01:56 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,243,626 times
I don't believe this piece of fiction for a moment but nice writing.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:18 AM

173 posts, read 460,164 times
Default if only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Glad you like my writing...writers do appreciate that, but I also am a real person, with a real life, and right now I think my man may not want me anymore...I wish that was just a fairy story, unfortunately it is true.

I think I may have allowed a naysayer's worthless, not even fit for the compost heap, doom and gloom opinion to cost me my man.

Thus becoming a self fulfilling prophecy, I have learned NOW, don't go out to dinner with them anymore, don't talk on the phone to them anymore...don't tell them ANYTHING...........leave them women ALONE.

But possibly too late, if that man is fighting me...like this...he is gonna kill me.
He is rough...gosh!!

Old 07-03-2014, 02:31 AM

61,723 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlee View Post

Or have I gone completely mad, and fabricated this whole relationship and all of our interactions...IS he even a real dude

Thoughts anyone?????????
This one sentence answers all your questions. I feel sorry for you. You are living in a fantasy land...

Old 07-03-2014, 02:37 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
What he ^^^ said.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:40 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Crazy

Old 07-03-2014, 02:42 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
It's possible your fantasies have gone astray. See if he reaches out to you at church this Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships