Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 10:53 PM

377 posts, read 533,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If I may play devil's advocate for a moment...

A flight from South America to what I am assuming is the US is a LONG flight. The guy was locked into a seat next to the OP, who could be misconstruing his politeness for ... attraction.

Also, it seems like the guy had plenty of opportunities to exchange numbers if he wanted to. It's not as if it's a big surprise when the plane lands.

So, OP, as long as you consider these things ^^^, I say go for it, but keep your message short and benign, as in, "Hi, just checking to see if you were the Joe Blow who sat next to me on the flight from Santiago."

And PLEASE report back!
I've had long flights across an ocean, and had to sit next to someone who wanted to talk to me the whole flight. Within 30 minutes of taxiing the runway, I let it be known that I was involved, and that gave me the peace and quiet I needed to sleep most of the way there. Of course, I have noticed that a lot of people here don't quite get the obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 08:46 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
I wouldn't do it. What are you going to say, "hi, I thought we had a connection even though neither of us made an effort at the time to obtain one another's email address or phone number do I thought I'd cyber sleuth and find out your contact details"

No.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:06 AM

217 posts, read 146,535 times
Do what's best for your well-being. If you think you'll eventually regret not knowing if there was ever the possibility of something, go for it. Accept the possibility that he may not reciprocate.
I think it's better to deal with actualities than hypotheticals, and you have the chance to do so.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:58 PM

53 posts, read 196,928 times
Thanks everyone for the responses!

I decided to go ahead and message him figuring my options were (A) Continue as is and never speak, (B) Message him, he doesn't answer, and we continue not speaking, or (C) Message him, he writes back, and possibly something could happen. If he was just being polite before and doesn't want to respond then so be it. Worst case scenario is I end up right where I am now, but at least I would know and not have to wonder. Definitely worth finding out! I'll let you know how it all goes.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Just do it.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:01 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Where in South America?

Old 07-09-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowlove View Post
Thanks everyone for the responses!

I decided to go ahead and message him figuring my options were (A) Continue as is and never speak, (B) Message him, he doesn't answer, and we continue not speaking, or (C) Message him, he writes back, and possibly something could happen. If he was just being polite before and doesn't want to respond then so be it. Worst case scenario is I end up right where I am now, but at least I would know and not have to wonder. Definitely worth finding out! I'll let you know how it all goes.
A very wise choice!!

Old 07-09-2014, 08:21 PM

53 posts, read 196,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Where in South America?

I spent my vacation in Bolivia, but the flight was to Lima. Amazing place to travel!

Old 07-10-2014, 12:53 AM

818 posts, read 917,613 times
I also say do it ! IF you see yourselves together by Using the famous 1-10 scale. If you rate the two of you similar.
Also , in case you don't know a lot of people sign up on Linked IN and never go back on it. So if you get no reply try FB or some other sites that may be more popular.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:14 AM

Default any luck?

Hey Snowlove,
Just curious to see if he got back to you. Hope you're well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships