Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 11:49 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Then leave him alone. Weird that he and his GF are meeting with you for a meal - who does that? I don't understand dating these days, no wonder I'm avoiding it.

Back off, leave them be - if he wants you, he needs to break it off with GF and let his interest in you grow from there. Accept nothing else. Move on with your life and stop spinning your wheels in non-constructive manner.
^^^^ I agree with this.

And I wonder why he and his girlfriend are meeting with the OP for a meal after the OP and the guy spent time alone together at her place. And she claims that their entire get together was just platonic? Well... I have some oceanfront property in Arizona that I can sell to her.

I wonder what the OP and the guy have in mind regarding the meal.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:51 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Then leave him alone. Weird that he and his GF are meeting with you for a meal - who does that? I don't understand dating these days, no wonder I'm avoiding it.

Back off, leave them be - if he wants you, he needs to break it off with GF and let his interest in you grow from there. Accept nothing else. Move on with your life and stop spinning your wheels in non-constructive manner.
There's no way the OP is for real, lol.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:52 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
What meal? Where did she say the 3 of them were getting together for a meal? Did I miss something?

Old 07-12-2014, 12:31 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay Dee Forester View Post
He came over last night and we had dinner together. I told him I missed him and that I always cared about him and never meant to hurt him. I said I respect his relationship with his girl and hope he's happy. He told me he was so in love with me, but I hurt him and that's why he left.. He did say he understood why I rejected him. He thinks I was too good for him and he worked hard to improve his life. He says he came back because he missed me too and wanted to resolve issues. He thinks we both changed a lot and I agree. He's not sure where his relationship with his girl is going and said he's going to have a long talk with her about where things are going. He doesn't know where things will go with us, but he said he doesn't want to lose me and wants me in his life in some way. His girl will have to be ok with that. We ended up cuddling in bed together(no sex) and he slept over(purely platonic).

It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I hope things will change.

Both of you...

Old 07-12-2014, 01:14 PM

24 posts, read 66,398 times
OMG, I don't know why I am reading this. It's like watching a train wreck, you just can't help it. I have doubts this is real - can anyone be this ignorant and selfish?

You really think that just because you are "leaving it to him" that you're not a homewrecker? Just asking him to hang out alone makes you guilty not to mention the fact that you "poured your heart out". You are trying to manipulate him. You're an idiot to think otherwise. Oh and the comment about the BJ....that's called "sarcasm". Please get a clue already.

Lastly you two deserve each other. He's a dumbass to fall for your tricks. I hope he does break it off with his GF. She deserves someone that isn't so easily lured away. Unbelievable!!!

Old 07-12-2014, 01:16 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinncerelyYours View Post
OMG, I don't know why I am reading this. It's like watching a train wreck, you just can't help it. I have doubts this is real - can anyone be this ignorant and selfish?

You really think that just because you are "leaving it to him" that you're not a homewrecker? Just asking him to hang out alone makes you guilty not to mention the fact that you "poured put your heart". You are trying to manipulate him. You're an idiot to think otherwise. Oh and the comment about the BJ....that's called "sarcasm". Please get a clue already.

Lastly you two deserve each other. He's a dumbass to fall for your tricks. I hope he does break it off with his GF. She deserves someone that isn't so easily lured away. Unbelievable!!!
And he wasted 1 year of his girl's life. Apparently he just used and put up with her as a placeholder because he wanted another woman the whole time.

And the OP sounds like a mistress I know. She's sleeping with a man with a girlfriend. She says that she tells him she doesn't wanna date him so he won't feel compelled to leave his girl. As if that makes the situation, or her, any better.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:36 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Stick with the therapist.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:38 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinncerelyYours View Post

You really think that just because you are "leaving it to him" that you're not a home-wrecker? Just asking him to hang out alone makes you guilty not to mention the fact that you "poured your heart out". You are trying to manipulate him. You're an idiot to think otherwise. Oh and the comment about the BJ....that's called "sarcasm". Please get a clue already.

^^^^^ I agree with all of this.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:00 PM

74 posts, read 125,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
^^^^^ I wholeheartedly agree with this.

OP:

You are a home-wrecker and a mate poacher. Your actions prove that you are a home-wrecker.

If I encountered a mate poacher, this is what I would ask them...

1. Be mindful of the fact that you are not happy with your own self and are likely to have low self worth to be with someone who is in a relationship. Therefore, make an active effort to self introspect what you are not happy with about you and each day choose one small step you can take for your self growth to feel better about you. If you feel good about you, in turn you will make healthy choices. If you are whole you will choose someone who is also whole.
  2. Choose to control yourself. Decide that you can find a committed man attractive, but taking action on that shows you are not in control of self. We as humans are not impulsive animals we can choose to control our own self. A self talk technique that can help you with choosing to control yourself includes: “I want a man that is a match for me, not who is matched with another. I deserve ‘pure true love’ not manipulated love.”
  3. Be honest with yourself that a choice to be with another who is in a relationship says only negative things about you. A few examples of the negative things being with someone who is in a committed relationship says about you includes; a) you are de-valuing who you are as a human being, as a woman, b) you have a lack of caring, compassion, and empathy for others, c) you have a lack of interest in finding a true connected relationship with a man that will lead to true happiness.
  4. Recognize the odds. Typically mate poaching relationships do not end well. Therefore, choose to see what it feels like to be with a man who is available and choose to allow yourself the gift of enjoying that.

Do you have a conscience? It seems to me that you a proud of what you did, and you want everyone to know this.

If he leaves his girlfriend for you, do you really think that he will be entirely faithful to you and not dump you for another female?

The two of you deserve each-other.
Actually I didn't do anything and I held back a lot. But there is still a really strong connection between us. That doesn't make me a homewrecker. I am going to leave it up to him. I've never been rejected before, so this is hard for me. If he wants to stay with her, I'll respect that. We will just remain good friends, but I hope for more..

Old 07-12-2014, 02:05 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay Dee Forester View Post
Actually I didn't do anything and I held back a lot. But there is still a really strong connection between us. That doesn't make me a homewrecker. I am going to leave it up to him. I've never been rejected before, so this is hard for me. If he wants to stay with her, I'll respect that. We will just remain good friends, but I hope for more..
Translation:

I always get what I want, and I want something that someone else has because I am so unhappy and insecure with myself. I can't even trust my own judgement and I have to take someone from someone else to make validate my existence and lack of self confidence.

Selfish.

Entitled.

Spoiled.

Insecure.

Sorry I call it like I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships