Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 01:17 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
You better believe it
Ha, nice. I'm a Badger. We don't really have that. I would, but we consistently beat gopherheads like rented mules so it isn't an issue so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
One bugs me more than the other, that's for sure. But animals-for-profit in general is a no-no for me, especially when the alternative option is to save an animal up for euthanasia.

Fair enough. The only people I know that go to breeders anymore are people with specific bird dog needs/wants and do the trials, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 01:18 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
STD

Obese

Potty mouth

Nagger

Complainer

..I can go on.. But I won't.
Can more quickly name three Kardashians than three former or current US Secretaries of State.

I'm married anyway...but if I were dating now, THIS would be one of my dealbreakers.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I won't ever date a vegan/vegetarian.
This wasn't a dealbreaker for me per se, but it was a humongous, deep-red flag.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I always share. It's extremely rare that I will finish a meal when dining out.

My deal breaker if I were single is farting. Do not do it in front of me...unless it is truly something that slips out. If a man can't control his bowels, we are not a good match.
I was always leery of a woman who wouldn't fart in front of me, once the relationship reached that point.

I don't mean throwing the covers over my head and giving me a Dutch Oven, but everyone farts. At some point, in private company, just let it out, who cares?

Old 07-18-2014, 01:21 PM

113 posts, read 111,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
I will not ever date someone who does not believe in evolution.
Haha yep

Old 07-18-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I like to share...usually there's a few things on the menu that look good. He orders one, I order another and we share.

And then there are my older boys (teens) who seem to have a bottomless stomach these days. They wait with forks in the air like vultures. As soon as I look like I'm done, they dig in.

Yes, farting. Call it uptight, but I can't look at someone sexually and want to ravage them when I have that kind of "scent" knowledge about them.
I suppose you never, ever fart?

113 posts, read 111,512 times
Don't do any drugs

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
I can't think of any deal breakers that I have that others don't.

But the deal breakers that I do have are

Hot/Cold: The type that is all warm and friendly with you and then all of a sudden goes cold and treats you like you are just a stranger. I'd just figure she wants nothing to do with me anymore and just move on.

Pathological lying: Need I say more???

A danger to herself and others... but then again, who isn't?

Old 07-18-2014, 01:23 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
My biggest dealbreaker, which many people claim to have but in reality few do, is that I can't date someone who is lazy. Nothing is a bigger turnoff than someone who takes all day to accomplish 30 minutes worth of tasks. My ex wife didn't start out lazy, but by the end of the marriage she was incapable of accomplishing anything around the house, even when she was unemployed. She would literally have nothing tangible to show for months of her life. I don't care how sexy, talented, or smart a woman is if she lays in bed, gets manicures, and browses the internet all day.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:23 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
One bugs me more than the other, that's for sure. But animals-for-profit in general is a no-no for me, especially when the alternative option is to save an animal up for euthanasia.
Breeders usually don't make much profit if they do it right and care for their dogs properly, but that's Off topic.

I agree with the farting thing. Even mentioning it is a deal breaker for me. Nothing scatological. It's gross and a turn off. Poop jokes, fart jokes, etc. are just disgusting when you are trying to romance someone.

Something that I would think is a common one, but I've learned on here is not, is if someone has very different political beliefs from my own. I could never again date someone who is ultra conservative. A lot of people are if the opinion that it doesn't matter, but for me I couldn't support those types of beliefs. Fiscal conservatives are one thing, but the whole moral majority/ religious right thing is a big turn off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships