Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 08:02 PM

63 posts, read 64,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I've never picked up any hobbies for the sake of a relationship. However, there are things I now love to do that I might never have tried if I didn't know my husband...camping, hiking, kayaking, snowshoeing, to name a few. I haven't had much opportunity to do these things in the past, but in our effort to improve ourselves and be more active, we are trying new things.
That was the spirit of this thread, what types of activities etc...that you discovered while dating I discovered hiking a few years ago. At the time I smoked, and what I thought was a hiking was, wasn't what we did. She liked to hike some extreme trail, and it got me to quit smoking, and it ended up being something I continue to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 08:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,272,029 times
Wakeboarding, lots of different types of music, going to hear live music, getting acupuncture, learning about eastern medicine, war movies, and I'm sure are a bunch more things that I'm forgetting...

Old 07-27-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Sort of. But not the kind you drink.
Vodka gummy bears?

Old 07-27-2014, 08:24 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,690,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st8up0rshutup View Post
Vodka gummy bears?
LOL...the truth isn't nearly as interesting as the things you guys are coming up with. It's an alcohol-based product that I carry on me at all times (not hand sanitizer). I use it for its intended purpose but then I take it a step further. It doesn't result in intoxication, but it's still fun for me.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:26 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,582,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st8up0rshutup View Post
That was the spirit of this thread, what types of activities etc...that you discovered while dating I discovered hiking a few years ago. At the time I smoked, and what I thought was a hiking was, wasn't what we did. She liked to hike some extreme trail, and it got me to quit smoking, and it ended up being something I continue to do.
That's great! We were both significantly overweight. I started losing weight and we decided we wanted to be more active. As he saw my success and started enjoying the things we were doing together, he was able to focus on losing weight and getting healthier, and he has done an awesome job!

Old 07-27-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
That's great! We were both significantly overweight. I started losing weight and we decided we wanted to be more active. As he saw my success and started enjoying the things we were doing together, he was able to focus on losing weight and getting healthier, and he has done an awesome job!
That's the stuff that keeps the relationship going....congratulations, it sure is easier to do those things, when someone you like is right next to you. In my case, I had to step it up, because the first hike. she waited for me to catch up...which was humiliating...lol

Old 07-27-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
LOL...the truth isn't nearly as interesting as the things you guys are coming up with. It's an alcohol-based product that I carry on me at all times (not hand sanitizer). I use it for its intended purpose but then I take it a step further. It doesn't result in intoxication, but it's still fun for me.
wow, need help,almost googled alcohol+based+product+carried+in purse+not for consumption

Last guess....handi wipes, clean the public restroom toilets....hmmmm

Old 07-27-2014, 08:47 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,274,090 times
I want to revive another skill that my heart has always been passionate about, which is singing.

I was a very good singer till 8th grade. My voice was lovely according to many friends, but both parents kept saying that "singing sweet music is a thing for girls", and discouraged me from building up my vocal skills to sing better .

Romantic music is my all time favorite. I hum it all the time (while in the shower, before going to sleep, when I am bored). I still sense the long lost voice within my hums, and it sounds so melodious. All I need is some encouragement to start singing again. At this point, I think teaching myself will be the best.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 07-27-2014 at 08:56 PM..

Old 07-27-2014, 08:52 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,439,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh, I LOVE to fish!!
Nothing beats fresh-caught pan-fried lake trout. I dig my own worms, bait my own hook and clean and gut those puppies. I won't eat pike, though.
Nothing more attractive to me than a woman who digs and hooks her own worms

Pan fish straight on the fire (no gutting) peel off skin and eat right of the bone, toss the rest . And pike, don't grab them by the mouth with your hands...ouch, Lol

Old 07-27-2014, 10:49 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,377,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Nothing more attractive to me than a woman who digs and hooks her own worms

Pan fish straight on the fire (no gutting) peel off skin and eat right of the bone, toss the rest . And pike, don't grab them by the mouth with your hands...ouch, Lol
I know. I've caught quite a few in my time, but I throw them back like an inadequate lover.
I find Northern pike tastes "muddy" unless it's caught in very cold water. That means going out in April or October. I like to fish, but I'm not a masochist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships