Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:25 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,626,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
Kahlua in her coffee. Nailed it!
I don't drink coffee and would not bring alcoholic beverages to work.

It's probably one of the most innocent products imaginable. Like I said, it doesn't have an intoxicating effect but there's something else that draws users to it. If you've ever seen the show "My Strange Addiction" it's along those lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 09:10 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,579,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post

It's probably one of the most innocent products imaginable. Like I said, it doesn't have an intoxicating effect but there's something else that draws users to it. If you've ever seen the show "My Strange Addiction" it's along those lines.
Cough drops? Breath mints? E-cigs?

Old 07-28-2014, 09:28 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,921,073 times
vicks nasal inhaler?

Old 07-28-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
vicks nasal inhaler?
There's no prize for guessing the product. lol I think my cravings stem from an iron deficiency because I don't have the desire to use as much now that I'm taking a multivitamin.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:50 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
There's no prize for guessing the product. lol I think my cravings stem from an iron deficiency because I don't have the desire to use as much now that I'm taking a multivitamin.
Frick!

Old 07-28-2014, 09:56 AM

898 posts, read 938,353 times
Quote:

Innocent, but contains alcohol and is not intoxicating. WTH?!?

You're killin' me, Smalls.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Frick!
It's ok. Vicks nasal inhaler wasn't the right answer.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:00 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,420,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st8up0rshutup View Post
When you are in a ltr, you spend a lot of time with your partner. This can introduce you to things you may have never imagined doing. Or maybe it was a type of music, that was something you never listened to before, but once your SO introduced you to it, you were hooked. For me I had a girlfriend get me into crafting. That was the last thing I ever imagined getting into. Everything I do, is outside, and crafting to me was what old ladies did...quilting etc. What she got me into was making custom cards. It started off when I talked to her, and she was having a crappy day. I told her no worries, I will make it a lot better when I got there.

I went to Micheals, and bought her this big Fiskar Punch set, and a bunch of punches for it. Of course, while I was there, I got some paper, stickers, and her beloved glitter pens. When I showed up with that bag of goods, the reaction was more than I expected. That was the beginning, and started making cards side by side with her. You know, I got closer to that woman than I normally get. We shared ideas, and talked about everything. I got her craft room really stocked too, it was a lot of fun....lol....non of my friends would find out, always told them she made the custom cards for their birthdays, and Christmas....So what did you get interested in with a new boyfriend/girlfriend?
Sweeett!!!!

My ex was a total foodie, so I got into eating at bougie restaurants and hole in the walls. I also had to visit the gym quite a lot. And, was never into boba but had a slight addiction.

My other ex was really into art so we used to doodle together about how our future would look like and I would draw little prank pictures on his, and we bonded that way.

Another ex was into UFC, I could never get into that.

Shared hobbies are fun! I love your story. So endearing... especially with her beloved glitter pens!

Old 07-28-2014, 10:37 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,376,709 times
An ex got me into playing MMOs and RPGs. We played together a lot. I mainly played console games before, but then got hooked with playing PC. He also built computers, and that got me interested in the whole process and wanting to build a decent gaming rig.

That same ex is into non-vanilla kink, and while I was already familiar and experienced aspects of it, it wasn't until him that I had experience with someone who is a Dom (sensual domination) and into receiving certain types of pain.

I had a lot of shared interests/hobbies with the majority of my partners. My first husband was raised quite sheltered, so when we married I exposed him to, well, culture, and different things. I got him into all sorts of genres of movies, and we took up an interest in cooking, and much, much later on we both got into Primal lifestyle. My deconversion from the Church greatly influenced his disconversion. He had long been a closet skeptic, but it wasn't until he was aware of what was going on, and having shared with him the process, the whys, etc., that the cognitive dissonance snapped for him.

I was a photographer years back. He got into photography. He's a writer, a brilliant one, and that influenced me to take up my own interest in writing.

When you spend a decade with someone you're bound to pick up things, various interests, and even develop them together. He was a professional instrumentalist, and is an audiophile. His favorite genre at the time we were together was contemporary classical (film scores and trailer music), and I believe it still is today. That was also one of my favorite genres. I owned a lot of soundtracks and scores prior to our dating, and then we became even bigger collectors and enthusiasts of this genre.

My current husband is really into blues and indie alternative music. While I liked blues before, it wasn't a genre I actively listened to. He's also a black belt BJJ instructor, and he's exposed me to that world as well. A lot of our interests are shared, like with the majority of my past partners. Some things are "new" or introduced to either party, but a lot are shared.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:37 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,579,359 times
Quote:
You have pica? Laundry detergent, paint? Soap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships