Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 10:38 AM

44 posts, read 41,659 times

Advertisements

I'm a 19 year old female, entering sophomore year in college this August. I never had boyfriend throughout my whole school years, never even kissed. I'll admit and say I wasn't as "pretty" ( or less ugly) in HS as I am now, but still. I'm a nice person, as I've been told, and I pretty much just talk to anyone and sometimes help them out in the college courses ( share my notes, tutor them, etc). I recently completed a summer course, during which I met a friend of a friend, who had some interest in me. At first, I had no physical attraction to him , but I could feel some emotional connection. Long story short, the guy won me over with his personality and I had my first kiss and make out session with him. After said session, the guy seemed distant and only invited me out with other people. I confronted him the other day, and he confessed that he just wanted to stay friends....( even after he kept touching me to elicit an escalated sexual response but I had stopped him due to my own self-respect). I have stopped all contact with him.

I'm 5 foot 6, have curly hair, a light tan complexion, and weigh 120 lbs. I've noticed guys look at me ( in college and elsewhere, but none ever approach). Some have stared or smiled back and I do smile back but then... nothing. I speak both English and Spanish ( I live in Puerto Rico) and I feel more comfortable with English. I believe a lot of the guys that have noticed me have heard me speak in English. Most people in my college know English on a basic to intermediate level. Should I stop speaking so much English? Is that scaring them away?
Also, can it be the I am making myself unapproachable? This semester I spent my hours between classes studying for my biology course (I'm doing pre-med) so I could get the highest grades and become a tutor this August. Was I closing myself off from the dating world? I don't think I'm that hideous to not attract many guys, but to never have guys approach me really takes a toll on me.
Here's my instagram so you can see me: Instagram
or just one of the selfies posted: Instagram
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 10:41 AM

898 posts, read 937,877 times
Well, you look normal . Have you ever attempted to flirt or approach a guy on campus? This should be much easier while you're in college, given that you're working so closely with other male students.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:42 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
You're 19, you want to go to med school.

There is nothing "wrong" with you.

Enjoy your life, stay balanced in all things and love will come naturally in time.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:47 AM

I've had abut 3 crushes this year and all of them had girlfriends. One of them broke it off with his, and started texting me. But..I can see he's not really interested.
I guess I fear being rejected or seen as not attractive enough to talk to them in them in them first place.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:51 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Could be a tumor.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:52 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Plan B: Start approaching

Old 07-29-2014, 10:55 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You're 19, you want to go to med school.

There is nothing "wrong" with you.

Enjoy your life, stay balanced in all things and love will come naturally in time.
This.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:55 AM

How is approaching different from talking to almost every guy in your class?

Old 07-29-2014, 10:56 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Nothing is wrong with you.

You're only 19, if you want to date, approach guys. Just strike up a conversation. If it goes somewhere awesome, if not don't worry about it.

Lmfao @Timberline

Old 07-29-2014, 10:56 AM

898 posts, read 937,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposasdeclaudia View Post
How is approaching different from talking to almost every guy in your class?
Well, since you're in this somewhat desperate predicament, maybe you need to start doing the asking. Have you ever asked a guy to hang out or go out somewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships