Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 12:52 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Good luck trying to find that in a American women, you'd probably have to go out the country to find a woman like that.
Thank the Gods!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 12:53 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Dewdrop wins!

Old 07-30-2014, 12:55 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Dewdrop wins!

Dewdrop's husband wins, you mean

Old 07-30-2014, 12:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
1. Stay in Shape

I'm in shape just because I am athletic but if he expects this he better be in shape.

2. Lay Off the Body Modification

I don't really do anything about this. I do wear pierced earrings and that is the extent. As my hair gets grey I will dye it though.

3. Make Your Own Money

Makes sense and I do this. He should too.

4. Be Feminine

I never know what this means but likely means to act stereotypical woman. I look like a woman but also do things like play sports.

5. Be Submissive

I believe in mutual submission. No way am I going to be submissive.

6. Sex Life

Yawn, men who judge on a woman's sex life are losers.

7. Be Intelligent

Makes sense but contradicts with submissive because many women who are submissive aren't intelligent.

8. Be Childfree

I don't think the author knows what this means. Childfree means a person never has an intention of being a parent. I see nothing wrong with wanting a mate without kids, after all I am like that. However if one wants kids you want a childless person not a childfree. If you want a childfree person this is fine but there is a difference. Btw I do agree with the reasons for not dating parents such as possibly paying child support.

9. Be Willing to Cook at Least Three Times a Week

I'll cook if he cooks the other three days. Deal? if he expects me to do most of the cooking good luck with that I hope you like canned soup, scrambled eggs and a few other things.

10. Put Down the Phone

I don't use the phone that much but expect the same of a man.

11. Ease Up on the Makeup

I don't wear a lot of makeup but the reason many women wear it is because men tell women they are ugly.

12. Stop Cussing

I don't swear that much anymore but expect the same in a man. If you are offended because I swear get lost. I'm not going to act like a "lady" while you swear. Moron.

13. Stop Hoarding Guy Friends

I have friends but not many single men anymore. I expect the same of you.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:00 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Dewdrop wins!
She's definitely good, but............when they go out does she pay? Or at least go Dutch.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:01 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thank the Gods!

Thank god that the only desirable women are out the country?

Old 07-30-2014, 01:02 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTrippn View Post
It's a solid list.

But how come the THOUSANDS of lists from women telling men how to "man up" never catch any flak?

They're generally not as idiotic and off base as this one is. Generally.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:10 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
I don't know...I don't think the list is THAT ridiculous. I don't want submissive and don't care about your past sex life, but you are INFINITELY more attractive if you're in shape, successful, child free, and brainy. Some guys care about more things on that list than I do, but I wouldn't laugh it off as useless if anyone on there is coming as news to the reader.

1. Stay in Shape - Certainly doesn't hurt

2. Lay Off the Body Modification - Depends on your circle and the guys you want to attract. I'm not a big fan of body mod, but I know lots of guys who are. If a woman wants to attract them instead of me, then bring on the ink and the metal!

3. Make Your Own Money - Definitely

4. Be Feminine - Meh. It probably doesn't hurt, but doesn't do anything for me.

5. Be Submissive - No.

6. Sex Life - For me, also no. For other guys? Sure...but I still think it's stupid.

7. Be Intelligent - Yes. But "be intelligent" isn't something you just do. Either you are, you're close and you're working on it, or you're not. Not much you can do here if you were born in the shallow end of the IQ pool.

8. Be Childfree - Yep. But you guys knew this already.

9. Be Willing to Cook at Least Three Times a Week - Not required, but earns brownie points.

10. Put Down the Phone - YES YES YES YES YES.

11. Ease up on the makeup - Guys say this all the time. But if it helps you feel more attractive, that's more important.

12. Stop Cussing - Minor, but helps.

13. Stop Hoarding Guy Friends - Nope. I'd encourage you to have lots of guy friends.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:11 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Good list, I agree with. Good luck trying to find that in a American women, you'd probably have to go out the country to find a woman like that.
I think even then you might be hard pressed to find a woman who meets everything on this list. While it's possible to find a woman like that, in a general sense, some of these items contradict themselves (like be feminine, but not wear makeup). Or, another example, if you go to a more traditional country where women are more submissive and very feminine... you are likely to miss out on other things on the list like finding a woman with a good career who earns her own money or has an education.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:11 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Personally, I think tattoos and such are really sexy. On other people. I'd never do it myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships