Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 06:53 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Men online only want hot bimbos.
This is completely true. They SAY that want a woman who is loyal, has a spence of humor, etc, BUT there are lot of women that fit the description, but if they aren't hot, they aren't getting dates. A hot woman can be a complete idiot or nut job, and she will get a date before an average, smart, common-sense woman.

I have also noticed that women will show off their bodies, yet complain that men are objectifying them. And men will show off their car, boat or motorcycle, yet complain that women are only interested in their money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 08:59 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Jesus. Did I SAY it was just you? There are a LOT of people that don't have success with OLD. There are also a LOT of people that do. Maybe one of YOUR problems is that you are so ridiculously defensive.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
This is completely true. They SAY that want a woman who is loyal, has a spence of humor, etc, BUT there are lot of women that fit the description, but if they aren't hot, they aren't getting dates. A hot woman can be a complete idiot or nut job, and she will get a date before an average, smart, common-sense woman.

I have also noticed that women will show off their bodies, yet complain that men are objectifying them. And men will show off their car, boat or motorcycle, yet complain that women are only interested in their money.
Exactly.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:30 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Just for the record I'm pretty yet I failed at online. It's not for everyone. Sure it angers me I failed but it is what it is.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:50 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Jesus. Did I SAY it was just you? There are a LOT of people that don't have success with OLD. There are also a LOT of people that do. Maybe one of YOUR problems is that you are so ridiculously defensive.
It's not defensiveness, hon - it's pointing out the obvious. If you don't include yourself in the "all complaining" then why bother to respond at all?

Old 08-02-2014, 11:13 PM

818 posts, read 917,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom

[quote=MoonBeam33;35924187
It's not defensiveness, hon - it's pointing out the obvious. If you don't

include yourself in the "all complaining" then why bother to respond at all?[/quote]

Cat fight ^^^ , LOL

Old 08-04-2014, 08:30 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
It's not defensiveness, hon - it's pointing out the obvious. If you don't include yourself in the "all complaining" then why bother to respond at all?
Pointing out your personal experience that goes against what C-D posters have decided is gospel is being defensive, bitter, angry and/or outright lying. Your experience, while it is the same as mine, isn't what is deemed "normal" behavior, therefore it's not them, it's you.

Sadly, I'm only half kidding.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:59 AM

51 posts, read 53,063 times
Response rate is almost entirely dependent on looks. I used online dating for a few months about a year ago.

I have a few male friends who use sites like Plenty of Fish and Okcupid. They always complained that they got few responses, even though their profiles made them seem like interesting and fun people. Admittedly, they are not the most attractive guys but they have good personalities.

I decided while being single for a period of time to give online dating a shot. I didn't even take the time to fill out my profile and I was getting inundated with messages from women. When I did message women up they almost always responded. I put in almost zero effort and I was lining up dates left and right. It was a stark contrast between my friends' experiences and my experience.

My profile was empty and said almost nothing about me. The only thing people were basing me on were my looks. I am a good looking and very athletic man. I used to think I was average looking, but considering that my experience was like a kid in a candy store and I was getting so many messages like "why is such an attractive man like you single?" and almost every woman I messaged responded I can only assume that my looks must be above average.

When I base my experience against that of my friends I can only assume that response rate is entirely dependent on one's looks. I put in zero effort and had as many dates lined up as I wanted. My friends could rarely even get responses let alone a date.

If you aren't getting responses I am guessing that you need to set your expectations lower or try a medium of meeting which isn't so heavily based on physical appearance. I did notice that many women on dating sites have comically high expectations and are completely oblivious to the type of man they are capable of attracting. Many short, fat, ugly women listed that they want tall, attractive, and ambitious (aka rich) men. Unfortunately for them, there is probably not a tall, handsome, and successful man who will ever want them.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:12 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogsy View Post
I did notice that many women on dating sites have comically high expectations and are completely oblivious to the type of man they are capable of attracting.
My best friend suggested that I use speed dating as an assessment of what type of man I attract. He tried this as well and suggested I mark yes to all the men I met just to see what comes back. Met 17 men, got 4 matches. Two were of Asian decent, one was Native American and the other was a geeky, white guy. The results didn't really surprise me in that they were predominantly an ethnicity other than American.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:49 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
I have chatted with two men (at different times, of course) who were about 8 years younger. They lived hundreds of miles away. I don't know exactly what their thought process was about continued contact. At any rate, they chatted about anything and everything. (They were NOT from a dating website.)

I am now on a dating website, looking for a committed relationship with someone (my age or older) within about 50 miles from me. I am finding that they only give short, choppy answers. It's very difficult to have a conversation when you ask about a man's veggie garden and all he replies with is, "peppers and corn". I hope he didn't strain himself by keying three words. LOL

So, I am trying to figure out the demographics. Are younger guys more at-ease with technology? Or does the distance make them feel "safe" enough to say whatever because the chances of meeting are remote? Are the older guys more into talking on the phone? Or do they want to skip the preliminaries and just meet because we are closer? What impact is the close proximity having, if any?

I don't get it. Yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships