Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:48 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,024,007 times

Advertisements

Nope.

In fact, I know a couple women who consider a guy spending too lavishly early on as a potential red flag...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 11:07 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I wanted to ask this just out of curiosity to hear about what your observations have been on this.
For me, it is strictly based on chemistry with that person. I have gone out with a guy who was a good friend but I could not get intimate with him. It was like kissing my brother. He made a lot of money and always took me out on the town when we went out.

Then again there was this guy I met at a dart tournament and we hit it off so good during that evening, I took him home with me and rocked his night. We've been married for 12 years.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:13 AM

51 posts, read 53,087 times
I have never spent money on women early on in the relationship. The most money I ever spend on women on the first date is one drink. I expect them to split the bills after the first date. I have never once had any issues getting intimate with women.

If you want them to think you are going to be their sugar daddy or their financial support then spend a lot of money on them early on. I set the financial bar extremely low so they never get in their heads that I am a free ride.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:13 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Nope.

In fact, I know a couple women who consider a guy spending too lavishly early on as a potential red flag...

100% truth. A guy that tries too hard to impress with over the top gifts and dates is usually hiding something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogsy View Post
I have never spent money on women early on in the relationship. The most money I ever spend on women on the first date is one drink. I expect them to split the bills after the first date. I have never once had any issues getting intimate with women.

If you want them to think you are going to be their sugar daddy or their financial support then spend a lot of money on them early on. I set the financial bar extremely low so they never get in their heads that I am a free ride.
And this would also be a red flag (which renders the man not date worthy)

There is definitely a happy middle ground between the guy who tries to buy a woman's affection and the self centered cheapskate.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:21 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,837 times
You will absolutely, positively NEVER find a woman to say this is true, whether it is or not. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide for yourself whether it actually is or not, based on your own experiences.

In my experience, MORE money doesn't make anything any MORE likely....but not spending ANY money will absolutely hurt you a good chunk of the time.

Edit: To clarify, I'm saying that the difference between a $200 date and a $50 date won't make a difference, but the difference between a $20 and a $0 often will.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:30 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
IDK. Maybe the question should be is a man more likely to spend a lot of money on a women early on in a relationship if she is intimate with him?

Old 08-04-2014, 11:41 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,396,101 times
Most women, no. A few women, sure. It depends on what kind of woman you are looking for.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:03 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,732,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no that is NOT what they are saying at all, and you know it.
You mean no one admits to it.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:07 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I wanted to ask this just out of curiosity to hear about what your observations have been on this.
You mean, can you buy your way into her body, on an accellerated schedule? With most women, no.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:28 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,301,533 times
All of the women I know who are likely to sleep with a guy just because he spends a lot of money on her have very low self esteem. Conversely, all of the guys I know whose approach to sleeping with women involves spending a lot of money are most definitely interested in meeting women with low self esteem, so I have a hard time feeling sorry for the guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships