Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 04:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Nila hits another one out of the park.
nila does seem to be a power hitter when it comes to lovin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 04:40 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Women won't sleep with a man who spends a lot of money on her just like a man wouldn't sleep with a girl who is hot unless they were in a loving committed relationship... .

Aaanyways, girls are AS horny as guys? There are many threads out there that already talked about this I guess so we'll leave it like that.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:14 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,892,650 times
Dear lord, no! In fact, it would make me uncomfortable. I don't speak the language of gifts very well, and I don't want a guy who thinks the best card in his hand is his credit card. To me it's a sign of his insecurity.

I never seem to wait as long as I should before having sex with someone I have just start dating. If he has passed my security checks and isn't creeping me out at all, and seems interested and affectionate and fun...that is all it really takes!

Old 08-05-2014, 06:37 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I wanted to ask this just out of curiosity to hear about what your observations have been on this.
Some will. They cave to the idea that when a man buys dinner (or anything else, really), he is owed sex.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:37 PM

70 posts, read 155,334 times
I'm sure there are those who do, as there are those who wouldn't. For me, appearance, and all around package, has everything to do with who I would want to sleep with. When I would is another story. But that's what background checks are for....

Old 08-06-2014, 03:32 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I wanted to ask this just out of curiosity to hear about what your observations have been on this.
From my experience and observations is that women especially independent types need to be physically attracted to certain guys in order to be intimate with them. Having money cant do much unless if a woman who comes from money would be attracted to a guy with money and probably be intimate with that person in no time.

If a guy is looking to be with a woman who cares about money, he either needs to go to expensive places like the Hamptons in Long Island, or Bethesda in DC or the Upper East Side of Manhattan or other well to do places. Go for career inclined women who are looking for marriage and other better things in life, and they do and will ask about credit score, insurance policies, what college you graduated from and so forth and I have been asked this before. Last take a visit to a low income country like Russia, Thailand or Brazil and go wife hunting, women there will sure care about your American money and will sleep with you so that they can obtain a Visa/Greencard voyage to America

Women who don't care about money, but care about chemistry, attraction and male archetypes are mainly creative types, independent day to day average working women, ghetto hood rat/trailer trash, women who come from fatherless homes or dysfunctional families. These types of women go for men who they feel attracted physically or sexually to, and not to money initially unless if she is a gold digger. I could be wrong but this is based on my observation and experience. Don't get me wrong the women I mentioned here will care about money, when things progress like having a baby or getting a bigger apartment or house. So if your good looking guy and broke, looking for a long term relationship try and make more money. Last from what I witnessed is that these women who go into physical attractive chemistry relationships do not tend to last, and often these women get hurt a lot due to boyfriend cheatings, or is already in relationship with some other woman or even guy. Either way if a woman goes for a man who has money she is shallow, if she goes for a man with looks, she is even more shallow. Women going for a man because of his personality? Now that's priceless.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 08-06-2014 at 04:53 AM..

Old 08-06-2014, 03:59 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
In my experience it's how long I knew the woman previous to the first date. The longer that period the more it was a sure thing. Its less about how much money you have but her instincts about the direction of the relationship.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:03 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Default Is a woman more likely to be intimate with a man early on in a relationship if he spends a lot of money on her?

Hookers.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:43 AM

50,801 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Not really. Especially the older you get.

Now, have I taken women out and "swept them off their feet" with buying them stuff and taking them nice places.
But usually for a first date, the money that you spend seems to make no difference unless you just plan on having drunken sex, which is usually bad sex, and usually means you won't be with them again.
Not directed at you Memphis, just a thought your post gave me, but IMO, if a guy has to resort to trying to get a woman's affection by buying things, he needs lessons in the art of seduction. Women operate by emotions and feelings...make her feel special and desired by the way you look into her eyes, sweep her off her feet by the way you take charge and take the lead on the date, by the way you let your hand rest on the small of her back or the way you stroke her hand across the table...

It's the little things that make a woman feel safe and emotionally connected to you, and that is what builds desire. My last bf, it was the way he led me across the street on our 3rd date in a crowded city nearby...the way he just grasped my hand and led me across behind him when he felt it was safe, no words, just grab my hand and lead me across....., there was just something gentle yet commanding about it, that made me feel all swooney and like I was being protected and taken care of by a strong man, that is when I started fantasizing about him and wanting him sexually.

While a woman might be happy to recieve material gifts, it will never cause her to feel real desire for you as a man. Actually the opposite if it's too much/too often/too soon, because then it makes her feel you feel you are below her/pedestalizing her, and if you make a woman feel like that, she'll never feel safe with you, especially if you do these things before you really know her and before she feels physical and emotional desire for you.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 08-06-2014 at 07:53 AM..

Old 08-06-2014, 08:50 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Not directed at you Memphis, just a thought your post gave me, but IMO, if a guy has to resort to trying to get a woman's affection by buying things, he needs lessons in the art of seduction. Women operate by emotions and feelings...make her feel special and desired by the way you look into her eyes, sweep her off her feet by the way you take charge and take the lead on the date, by the way you let your hand rest on the small of her back or the way you stroke her hand across the table...

It's the little things that make a woman feel safe and emotionally connected to you, and that is what builds desire. My last bf, it was the way he led me across the street on our 3rd date in a crowded city nearby...the way he just grasped my hand and led me across behind him when he felt it was safe, no words, just grab my hand and lead me across....., there was just something gentle yet commanding about it, that made me feel all swooney and like I was being protected and taken care of by a strong man, that is when I started fantasizing about him and wanting him sexually.

While a woman might be happy to recieve material gifts, it will never cause her to feel real desire for you as a man. Actually the opposite if it's too much/too often/too soon, because then it makes her feel you feel you are below her/pedestalizing her, and if you make a woman feel like that, she'll never feel safe with you, especially if you do these things before you really know her and before she feels physical and emotional desire for you.
Oh I agree. However, if part of all of the emotional and affection, if you are taking them to a very nice dinner, a very nice show, and buying them some very nice things, many women put all of that together as this makes you a "keeper".

I've taken women out and had great dates who had their own money. All of the connections were there, but the fact I spent 50 dollars on drinks for her, and 70 on a lobster/steak meal for her may not have the effect as it does on a woman who barely makes ends meet and hasn't been outside of the house with adult conversation in many moons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships