Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 02:17 PM

818 posts, read 918,005 times

Advertisements

I'm talking about any exclusive relationship , dating, LTR , or married where the woman admits openly and shows signs that she is insecure about life in general . This seems to be true from my experience. It also makes it harder to trust a person ( I admit I have trust issues from past relationships )
I'm curious to see what other people have seen in their own relationships or their friends ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 07:48 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,867 times
No.
There are too many variables to consider. One couple I know of, the more "demanding" of the two decided to cheat because they knew the less assertive of the two of them wouldn't say or do anything about it - and - just didn't care about how the less assertive partner felt about it or not.
Ugh.
Another couple I know of the bored partner was pushing for more excitement and more experimenting and decided to propose an open relationship, guess who fell in love with someone else and ended the marriage because, well, that was just what happened?
Oops.
Another couple I'm good friends with have been married for years, despite the fact that she's insecure about the relationship a lot of times, he travels for work, she stays at home. And I think, worries about what hes' doing sometimes. He and she are faithful to each other, they support each others' quirks and idiosyncrasies because they love each other. They chose each other, and they respect each other and their vows.
It seems like your question makes an oversimplification of a complex situation.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:55 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
What does "life in general" mean? Does she think she's going to die? IDGI

Old 08-07-2014, 07:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,000,457 times
People who cheat are usually insecure, but insecure people don't usually cheat. It's a Venn diagram thing.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
What does "life in general" mean? Does she think she's going to die? IDGI
I mean the type of person that is pessimistic , never happy, never settled about their life.
( my x-wife was like this )

Old 08-07-2014, 08:10 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,867 times
Ohhh, I see. And did your ex wife also cheat? And you are wondering if all women with that kind of outlook on life are prone to cheating?

Old 08-07-2014, 08:15 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
I'm talking about any exclusive relationship , dating, LTR , or married where the woman admits openly and shows signs that she is insecure about life in general . This seems to be true from my experience. It also makes it harder to trust a person ( I admit I have trust issues from past relationships )
I'm curious to see what other people have seen in their own relationships or their friends ?
Insecure people often need external validation. Quite often the husband or wife are unable to provide the validation 24/7. If the insecure person has a tendency to dishonest behavior and if the spouse fails to provide validation 24/7 there is a chance of cheating.

Quite often cheaters come from a family of cheaters.

Your best bet is to look for a secure person that does not require external validation to be happy.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:17 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
People who cheat are usually insecure, but insecure people don't usually cheat. It's a Venn diagram thing.
There has to be an element of dishonesty for the person to cheat. Obviously honest people do not cheat (whether they are secure or insecure).

Old 08-07-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Ohhh, I see. And did your ex wife also cheat? And you are wondering if all women with that kind of outlook on life are prone to cheating?
She cheated emotionally but not physically ,( as far as I know )

Old 08-07-2014, 08:25 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
I mean the type of person that is pessimistic , never happy, never settled about their life.
( my x-wife was like this )
I know a few people like that and they don't cheat, but they are still a drag to be around.

I have known both pessimistic and optimistic people who cheated. I don't think it's a function of that. I, personally, think why people cheating is a mystery that can't be solved. Not everyone cheats though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships