Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you cuddle?
Cuddling is required FWB or not 16 45.71%
No relationship, no cuddling 14 40.00%
I'll explain below 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2018, 09:09 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times

Advertisements

It depends. Every relationship, including FWBs, is crafted by the people in it.

None of my FWBs were the same. Duh.. Different people like different things.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 09:40 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen hen View Post
I’ve had a FWB guy for a year now. He knows that I want something more and he doesn’t right now. But we talk everyday and after sex he always wants me to rub on him until he falls asleep. Some nights he wants me to spend the night with him. I have developed strong feelings for him and he is aware of them. He says that my feelings for him doesn’t bother him and I shouldn’t stop telling him How I feel. Idk what to do? Should I just ride it out?
Of course figuratively and literally.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:09 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
I love my friends. Of course I would want to show them physical affection in and out of bed.

When I had FWBs there was never had a problem with either of us getting attached. Maybe its a life stage thing? None of us wanted to be in relationships at all, much less with each other. But we still had fun going out and having fun together as companions

Last edited by zentropa; 04-05-2018 at 10:47 AM..

Old 04-05-2018, 10:46 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Cuddling with a FWB is like going to a Japanese steakhouse and filling up in the soup and salad then not being able to eat the meat and rice because you filled up on the soup and salad before.

I say just stick to the damn business which is the sex, no games, no BS, no time wasting. If you want cuddling, find a legit romantic relationship. A FWB satisfies a need for sex no more,

Old 04-05-2018, 10:48 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Cuddling with a FWB is like going to a Japanese steakhouse and filling up in the soup and salad then not being able to eat the meat and rice because you filled up on the soup and salad before.

I say just stick to the damn business which is the sex, no games, no BS, no time wasting. If you want cuddling, find a legit romantic relationship. A FWB satisfies a need for sex no more,

You are speaking about a FB. Not a FWB. Completely different animals.

And cuddling for many people can be part of the foreplay and afterplay, it IS part of the sex for many people.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:49 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:

how would you know?

Old 04-05-2018, 10:51 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You are speaking about a FB. Not a FWB. Completely different animals.

And cuddling for many people can be part of the foreplay and afterplay, it IS part of the sex for many people.
I think most sexually active people understand the role of touch before and after the "damn business" of sex.

And also that you can feel close and connected with someone but not want to be in a relationship with them.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:52 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
how would you know?
My roommate is currently in that situation. Only reason I know his details is he asked my for condoms with his FWB.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:04 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:

FB is not the topic.. FWB. Friends have more of an interest than just sex. Sheesh...

Old 04-05-2018, 11:42 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Ok this question is inspired by this show.

FWB isn't really my deal, so I don't get how it works. But it does seem like it would be confusing to have a no strings relationship and then start cuddling sometimes. So you tell me, those of you with FWB, do you cuddle after you hangout with your "friend?"
Okay, so if this is a friend whom I am attracted to so much that I sleep with him, it means that I like being close to him. Which means, I want to cuddle. If there is no desire to cuddle and be close, there is no desire for sex either.

My main reason for having sex in general is to be close to someone and feel him. Sex for me includes cuddling, it starts out with cuddling many times and ends with it. Actually, I go one step further, I would even prefer sleeping there all night instead of going home. If I am not comfortably sleeping in the same bed, I wouldn't feel comfortable having sex either.

I've had "cuddling only" friends also. Cuddling is something I really, really miss when I am single. I am a happy single but I do miss the cuddling part. I had to give up my cuddle friend because he got too attached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships