Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 07:10 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,009,350 times

Advertisements

Whenever I see people posting that bad sex can be fixed by communication, I kind of figure they don't know what they are talking about. It's not like good sex involves learning specific physical skills. It's about mindset and preferences being compatible.

At least, for me. Is your experience different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 07:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,931,228 times
Being compatible needs to be there and communication in the sense of telling each other what they like or don't.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,067,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Whenever I see people posting that bad sex can be fixed by communication, I kind of figure they don't know what they are talking about. It's not like good sex involves learning specific physical skills. It's about mindset and preferences being compatible.

I agree.

The mindset is a HUGE factor. It's kind of like once you KNOW it's bad, it's gonna stay bad because it's in your head. Then you become supremely aware of the badness and that makes you even WORSE.

In my experience, you can't fix bad sex.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:51 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,545,398 times
Quote:

In my expeirence, first sexual encounters are always more or less bad. Im a LTR kind of person (i ve been in LTR for most than 12 years, one 5 y/o relationship, other 7 y/o relationship and now im in a new one). With all of them, and also the amazing steamy story i had last year (wich wasnt an official relationship, but i was still with the guy for 8 months) my first encounters were more or less bad. Ok, save the steamy relationship in where we had crazy chemistry, all the other 3 were underwhelming.

You CAN fix them. Talking, communicating, you can take those awkaward first 3 or 4 encounters (sometimes it takes more, sometimes less) and transform them in amazing sex. This has been my experience.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,067,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
In my expeirence, first sexual encounters are always more or less bad. Im a LTR kind of person (i ve been in LTR for most than 12 years, one 5 y/o relationship, other 7 y/o relationship and now im in a new one). With all of them, and also the amazing steamy story i had last year (wich wasnt an official relationship, but i was still with the guy for 8 months) my first encounters were more or less bad. Ok, save the steamy relationship in where we had crazy chemistry, all the other 3 were underwhelming.

You CAN fix them. Talking, communicating, you can take those awkaward first 3 or 4 encounters (sometimes it takes more, sometimes less) and transform them in amazing sex. This has been my experience.

First-time awkwardness is completely different from straight-up bad sex, though.

Once you get over the jitters/nerves/self-consciousness/getting to know you, if what is left is continually, consistently bad, it cannot be fixed because you just are not a good match. It becomes in itself a turnoff.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:55 PM

70 posts, read 155,556 times
Quote:

well the communication can help, but it's no cure. There are just certain physical traits that are ideal for a fit. When you see it, you know there is good potential. As long as that potential is met, communication can help detail the rest. However, you are going to have it happen, where the guy has the perfect one, and because for whatever reason he has no clue how to work it, it's cowgirl time in order to have fun.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:01 PM

4,570 posts, read 5,442,187 times
Quote:

FINALLY a CD thread that is interesting, unique, never been done before, and sure to be educational. For that alone you get rep points from me.

From my own experience as a guy, I have not been able to turn crappy sex into awesome sex with the same partner. Mainly because I don't stick around long enough with any woman who is horrible in bed. With that being said, I think anyone CAN make it happen, but to do so you would have to have a willing and able partner. Someone who WANTS to please and is honest and open about what she likes. Has to put things in a positive way as in saying things like "I like it when you do..............to me" instead of the negative "I don't like it when you...........". Be open, positive, interested, and most of all WILLING to satisfy your partner. If you have these things than YES you can turn boring crappy sex into awesome sex.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,009,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
FINALLY a CD thread that is interesting, unique, never been done before, and sure to be educational. For that alone you get rep points from me.
Aw, pshaw!

Quote:
Be open, positive, interested, and most of all WILLING to satisfy your partner. If you have these things than YES you can turn boring crappy sex into awesome sex.
But is someone with those traits bad in bed in the first place?

My experience is that bad sex comes from people who prefer the kind of sex that I think is crappy -- emotionally detached, not sensual, looking for the quickest route to orgasm, uncreative, not aroused by their partner's pleasure. They think the kind of sex I like is too messy!

Old 08-14-2014, 10:49 PM

818 posts, read 919,067 times
Honestly can't say I ever had bad sex. If you truly care / love each other , proper communication can usually take care of any problem.
My X wife is a prime example. She was 18 very inexperienced when we met , pretty uptight about sex. She came a long way in a short amount of time. I took it on as a challenge and it paid off.
Also , my advice to never tell someone they are bad a sex,

Old 08-14-2014, 11:16 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,746,529 times
No, I only made it worse for her. A pity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships