Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 03:00 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiebobPNW View Post
Women settle for whatever and whomever they can get. They are so desperate and ravenous to be with a man. Women don't care and have no shame.
Ok, nevermind. Please stick with men if this is how you really feel about women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 03:02 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Something's fishy about this post.
For once, zen, you and I are in complete agreement. I'm thinking troll thread

Old 08-17-2014, 03:05 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
I'm 26 and have always been attracted to men, I've never been with a man though. Not even once. Only been with a woman. I've never been in a relationship at all, no love, all alone, cold, blahhhh! I act straight, I'm a good looking "country boy" and no one knows anything about my interest. I keep it to myself. I workout, I live healthy, I mind my business, etc.,

I've been to the gay bars, and saw how problematic the lifestyle was, I tried to have other friends from that community and man did they bring me so much drama, I tried that scene out when I was 19 and removed myself from it. And no I didn't get with anyone, I was too picky. All of those "friends" from 2007 have all since passed away, as a result of the most common virus that plagues the community. Its sad. But they brought it upon themselves based upon their own choices.

I'm at this point where I'm now 26 and realizing that this fantasy that mainstream society is portraying the gay lifestyle as, isn't actually real. I never saw anyone settling down or trying to get married. Every dating site I tried for, no one was there for love/dates. SO I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING ME A WOMAN! A man cant give me kids, or commit or be loyal. All I ever saw was my female friends getting cheated on and crying, used, abused and treated poorly. I'm not a mean guy. I have no intentions of being hurt, I just want someone to spend my life with, have a family. So I guess I think women are safer? Unfortunately all I'm reading lately is that women cheat, lie, steal, blah, blah, blah, is this true? Should I be worried? And as for you women out there, I have a question, since I never dated or did anything with a man, should I tell my future GF that I am attracted to men? Or should I bury this as a piece of my past and move on? How would it make you ladies feel?
You're going to find bad things everywhere you go as well as good things.

Interesting OP, though. People lie, cheat, steal, blah blah blah. Men and women do it. It is human nature.

Old 08-17-2014, 03:06 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Something's fishy about this post.
Yeah, I think so too.

Old 08-17-2014, 03:14 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Women settle for whatever and whomever they can get. They are so desperate and ravenous to be with a man. Women don't care and have no shame.
And there it is folks.

Old 08-17-2014, 03:15 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,611,567 times
If it's not a troll post, the OP needs to get some counseling.

I wish we could look up ISPs. That would solve some mysteries.

Old 08-17-2014, 03:43 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
I guess I was hoping that women who have dated or are in relationships with similar men would reply to my post.
Here I am!

Quote:
I've been to the gay bars, and saw how problematic the lifestyle was, I tried to have other friends from that community and man did they bring me so much drama, I tried that scene out when I was 19 and removed myself from it. And no I didn't get with anyone, I was too picky. All of those "friends" from 2007 have all since passed away, as a result of the most common virus that plagues the community. Its sad. But they brought it upon themselves based upon their own choices.

I'm at this point where I'm now 26 and realizing that this fantasy that mainstream society is portraying the gay lifestyle as, isn't actually real. I never saw anyone settling down or trying to get married. Every dating site I tried for, no one was there for love/dates. SO I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING ME A WOMAN! A man cant give me kids, or commit or be loyal. All I ever saw was my female friends getting cheated on and crying, used, abused and treated poorly. I'm not a mean guy. I have no intentions of being hurt, I just want someone to spend my life with, have a family. So I guess I think women are safer? Unfortunately all I'm reading lately is that women cheat, lie, steal, blah, blah, blah, is this true? Should I be worried? And as for you women out there, I have a question, since I never dated or did anything with a man, should I tell my future GF that I am attracted to men? Or should I bury this as a piece of my past and move on? How would it make you ladies feel?
You probably hear all the time about marriages that lasted about 20-25 years and then suddenly the man came out gay. Guess what--he was just like you once. If you marry a woman knowing that you are attracted to men, you are leading her on.

Quote:
How would it be cruel for the woman? If I'm looking for love, and a spouse, what's cruel about that?
What's cruel is when you can no longer perform sexually for her and she starts to beat herself up and then you come out gay and she realizes that she was never the one you wanted and that you settled. She realizes that every time you made love you were not thinking about her. Not a nice feeling. Now, think about it this way. When a man is young he is horny enough to get it on with just about anything. When he hits 50 or so, "possible" gets a lot more picky about where he's willing to go and that's when your marriage will be over. Approximately of course.

Quote:

I have to find a woman that I'm OK to be with. Not the other way around. I'm not devalued. I don't have to desperately seek a woman and beg her. Almost all women are bisexual anyway and heck I believe almost all men are too. Most never explore it. But we see women all over TV going for other women.
And after my ex came out, he told me that gay men spend a lot of time bashing women behind their backs and talking about how gross and stupid they are. You just started early is all. Please, please stick with men. And please don't take that crap you see on TV as the gospel truth.

Old 08-17-2014, 03:51 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:

I have to find a woman that I'm OK to be with. Not the other way around. I'm not devalued. I don't have to desperately seek a woman and beg her. Almost all women are bisexual anyway and heck I believe almost all men are too. Most never explore it. But we see women all over TV going for other women.
Um, no.

You are delusional.

You need to get educated and grow up, get out of whatever town you live in so you won't think life is like TV.

The last thing you need is to couple up with anyone. You have some serious personal issues that you need professional help to resolve.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:13 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,786 times
Quote:
Thank you for your reply. Its meaningful. I appreciate it.
No prob...best of luck to you...ive always said that its a very westernized religious concept that gay men and women who marry a person of the opposite sex are supposed to be ashamed and racked with guilt for fear of presumably breaking some "poor straight person's heart"....the vast majority of straight marriages involve some form of deceit or omitted information....as laughable as it sounds, ive even heard people say that they would even be more ok with you ACTIVELY cheating with another person of the opposite sex (a woman in your case) within a marriage, than to be in a completely monogamous relationship with a woman while believing youre gay. .lol...yes, ive actually heard a full grown adult say that.

That defies logic, but thats what these fervent adherences to the western religious notions of "sin", and "guilt", and "having a "guilty conscience" thats supposed to eat at you until you "confess your sins/confess to being gay" etc creates...theyre all very similar religious concepts that rest on the notion that youre supposed to be racked with guilt about something that has no proven outcome with respect to your particular scenario other than youre supposedly going to hell or your life will fall apart if you dont come out of the closet or confess whatever sins youre supposed to be racked with guilt and ashamed about..

Last edited by soletaire; 08-17-2014 at 04:56 PM..

Old 08-17-2014, 04:19 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
No prob...best of luck to you...ive always said that its a very westernized religious concept that gay men and women who marry a person of the opposite sex are supposed to be ashamed and racked with guilt for fear of presumably breaking some "poor straight person's heart"....the vast majority of straight marriages involve some form of deceit or omitted information....as laughable as it sounds, ive even heard people say that they would even be more ok with you ACTIVELY cheating with another person of the opposite sex (a woman in your case) within a marriage, than to be in a completely monogamous relationship with a woman while believing youre gay. .lol...yes, ive actually heard a full grown adult say that.

That defies logic, but thats what these fervent adherences to the western religious notions of "sin", and "guilt", and "having a "guilty conscience" thats supposed to eat at you until you "confess your sins/confess to being gay" etc...theyre all very similar religious concepts that rest on the notion that youre supposed to be racked with guilt about something that has no proven outcome with respect to your particular scenario other than youre supposedly going to hell or your life will fall apart if you dont come out of the closet or confess whatever sins youre supposed to be racked with guilt and shame about..
"...western religious notion ... '' blah blah blah Any more cubicle sociology you want to share?

Look, this is not a vast right-wing conspiracy. Nobody cares about the OP's conscience.

He's not happy now, and if he wants to be unhappy 25 years from now, then yes, he should find and marry the first desperate woman who checks off his very short list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships