Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 12:46 AM

814 posts, read 764,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Cold approaches can, and do, work for some guys. If more men tried, they'd see some success. The trick is to be unfazed by the turn-downs.
The trick is to look for signals of interest. Eye contact, slight smile, moving towards you. If she's flat out ignoring you, looking at her phone or starring straight with a face that says I'm busy. Save yourself a rejection.

Women are a little like men. They look at what they like and move towards what they're attracted to in hopes the man will strike up a conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 01:14 AM

102,399 posts, read 108,748,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
The trick is to look for signals of interest. Eye contact, slight smile, moving towards you. If she's flat out ignoring you, looking at her phone or starring straight with a face that says I'm busy. Save yourself a rejection.

Women are a little like men. They look at what they like and move towards what they're attracted to in hopes the man will strike up a conversation.
If you're standing in the checkout line with someone, though, there's nothing to move towards. You're already right beside the person. If they engage in conversation and seem enthusiastic, that's a sign. Obviously, if someone keeps staring at their phone, it's pointless. But too many guys get all the right signals, but don't close the deal. They don't quite have enough confidence take the final step, like ask her to join him for coffee (if they're in line to order coffee), or to ask for a number. Quite a few guys here have said they don't take that final step because they think maybe she was just being friendly. "She'd probably turn me down anyway". Well, she might. But she might not. If you're getting good signals, it's worth a shot. That's all I was saying.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:35 AM

814 posts, read 764,366 times
Quote:
If you're standing in the checkout line with someone, though, there's nothing to move towards. You're already right beside the person. If they engage in conversation and seem enthusiastic, that's a sign. Obviously, if someone keeps staring at their phone, it's pointless. But too many guys get all the right signals, but don't close the deal. They don't quite have enough confidence take the final step, like ask her to join him for coffee (if they're in line to order coffee), or to ask for a number. Quite a few guys here have said they don't take that final step because they think maybe she was just being friendly. "She'd probably turn me down anyway". Well, she might. But she might not. If you're getting good signals, it's worth a shot. That's all I was saying.
Yeah that's a problem some guys are having. They're just too nervous to try anything. But what I explained isn't commonly preached. What's preached is play the numbers game. Don't be scared of rejection. Approach 20 and 1 will be interested. When if he would have just read a little body language, he could have saved himself 19 rejections and not violated the space of 19 women who were trying to buy groceries or walking into the mall, eating their food, whatever they were doing. And I feel for the women, they can't even go to the fu*king restroom without some guy stopping them " hey I'm tom, blah blah blah"

Random women are tough if they don't find very attractive. The best way is to meet women in an activity or through a mutual friend. "Hey I'm Ruth's friend, Jay. Nice to meet you" that way your personality can rub off better.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:16 AM

102,399 posts, read 108,748,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
Yeah that's a problem some guys are having. They're just too nervous to try anything. But what I explained isn't commonly preached. What's preached is play the numbers game. Don't be scared of rejection. Approach 20 and 1 will be interested. When if he would have just read a little body language, he could have saved himself 19 rejections and not violated the space of 19 women who were trying to buy groceries or walking into the mall, eating their food, whatever they were doing. And I feel for the women, they can't even go to the fu*king restroom without some guy stopping them " hey I'm tom, blah blah blah"

Random women are tough if they don't find very attractive. The best way is to meet women in an activity or through a mutual friend. "Hey I'm Ruth's friend, Jay. Nice to meet you" that way your personality can rub off better.
Definitely, basic body language-reading is an important skill. And I'm all for getting involved in activities as a way to meet people, especially for shy people.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:42 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,305,738 times
Quote:
As I've said many times before, men have no idea what women's lives are really like.
Women try to act as if they know every single thing about men. Come on, both genders don't know everything about the opposite sex.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:46 PM

36,905 posts, read 31,177,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam3 View Post
Am I the only one who notices the same thing?

Whenever I see a man try to initiate a conversation with a woman in hopes of getting her number, it's almost always a rejection (and a rejection rather quickly). The opposite of this though - a woman approaching a man - is nearly infallible. I think i've seen 9 or 10 women approach men in my lifetime and it's always easy and instant success
Do you hang out a lot a bars eavesdropping on peoples conversations?

Actually, I worked in a bar for awhile when I was in college and I saw a lot of successful hook-ups, man initiating and getting number, but that was in the 80's so maybe things have changed.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But sometimes you do have to help yourself out. If living your life involves staying home and playing video games and hanging out at sports bars, women will probably have a hard time crossing your path.
Maybe that's why women who say they never get approached and taken out to eat can't score. Perhaps they can try playing video games, watching sports with guys, etc. Right? Or is it the guys that have to put all the work?

Old 10-02-2014, 01:53 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,886,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Women try to act as if they know every single thing about men. Come on, both genders don't know everything about the opposite sex.
But check it out, dude. The OP says women have it easy approaching men, like it's a slam-dunk. That's not what some of the women I know say. The OP's 'tude gets posted here all the time. The level of cluelessness does get annoying, it's so repetitious. You can't blame the women for trying to keep it real for the guys here. Not that it does any good, from what I can tell. At any rate, my point is, your comment is off-topic, since the OP set the topic as being about how hard dating is for men, and how easy it is for women. See what I'm saying?

Old 10-02-2014, 01:58 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,886,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Maybe that's why women who say they never get approached and taken out to eat can't score. Perhaps they can try playing video games, watching sports with guys, etc. Right? Or is it the guys that have to put all the work?
lol! Dude, what good would it do women to play video games if like the poster said, the guys are playing their games at home? How are women supposed to bust into those Fortresses of Solitude? If women are out looking for action but too many dudes are punks stuck to their basement computers, how's any chemistry supposed to happen? There's some basic logic here you're not getting.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
lol! Dude, what good would it do women to play video games if like the poster said, the guys are playing their games at home? How are women supposed to bust into those Fortresses of Solitude? If women are out looking for action but too many dudes are punks stuck to their basement computers, how's any chemistry supposed to happen? There's some basic logic here you're not getting.
If women just sit and expect men to approach them simply because they played with their hair and smiled then these women are being punks stuck to their princess attitude. See, it takes two to tango. Women should get out of their princess box and guys should get out of their basement and both take some action other than sending hints or messages. Just do it. It takes effort from both parts and just sitting waiting for someone to make the move doesn't sound like much effort is being put. It seems guys are still expected to take initiative and all but there are a few women out there who do more than just sit there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships