Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 10:12 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
If you say so.

I have approached women over many years (decades) and it is not easy at all.

Like I said before, if it were so easy, if your odds were even 1 out of 10, every men would approach 10 women every day like they were buying lottery tickets.
Approaching women to have SEX is VERY HARD when your first sentence to her is, "do you want to have sex?"
It's totally easier when you approach a women to have a casual convo, get to know her, date her, and then have sex. I never flat out a women to have sex. You have to butter her up first. And when you talk to her, you can kinda know if she's DTF. Make your move but do it smoothly; don't be a creep. What that guy in the video basically said, "do you want to have sex with me since I am a walking HIV stick"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 10:16 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieGualteri View Post
It's much much much easier for women to get laid than men, this is common sense. Why are we still arguing this?

I personally think it's much much easier for women to get into relationships as well, that's the real conversation we should be having
But that's not the topic you set up in the OP.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:19 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
Approaching women to have SEX is VERY HARD when your first sentence to her is, "do you want to have sex?"
It's totally easier when you approach a women to have a casual convo, get to know her, date her, and then have sex. I never flat out a women to have sex. You have to butter her up first. And when you talk to her, you can kinda know if she's DTF. Make your move but do it smoothly; don't be a creep. What that guy in the video basically said, "do you want to have sex with me since I am a walking HIV stick"
Read my prior posts. If I meet a woman and have 30 minutes to a couple of hours of enjoyable conversation, laughs, and things in common and she is reasonably in my league, my odds of her being attracted to me are around 1 in 15 to 20. That is from real life experience.

Perhaps your mileage varies. Looks mean a lot. The less attractive you are, the lower your odds get.

If every approach is a win for you, then kudos to you.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:32 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
It's much much much easier for women to get laid than men, this is common sense. Why are we still arguing this?

I personally think it's much much easier for women to get into relationships as well, that's the real conversation we should be having
It's not......at least I don't believe it is.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:43 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:

If you can physically attract, then the game of dating, and thus relationships is easier.

If you are rejecting people, then you can physically attract. If you are not, then you cannot.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:12 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
80 percent of girls don't look like that. Post something where the average american girl would look like and the results would be different. PLUS they probably edited the "no's" If Channing Tatum went up to girls, his success rate would be through the roof, too.
There was a video a while back with a naked, good looking, jock type, guy approaching women for hugs and asking them out. None of them rejected the guy. I'll bet if an average guy tried this the women would have rejected him and had him arrested for indecent exposure and whatever other charges that can be applied for approaching women naked.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:16 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
It all depends on how good looking he is..my good looking friends rarely get turned down..

I think you should also look for signals before approaching..I try to smile and make eye contact with women in hopes I get one back to know it's ok to approach but I never get positive signs back so I dont approach

Old 08-20-2014, 02:15 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Very interesting post. And yes, sometimes women are subtle, but sometimes they drop pretty obvious hints.

And some guys say a 50-year-old couldn't possibly look 20 years younger! You sound like you're in the same category, yourself.
And then my initial response to Ruth4Truth's above posting (which was her response to my own earlier posting):

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Yes, I have hardly a trace of grey or silver in my hair and my face and skin is smooth and even-toned (and I tend to keep myself clean-shaven). I was never into drugs, alcohol, or smoking; am not a sun worshiper and, in fact, try to not get exposed to the sun beyond a modicum (wearing protective apparel or cover); my teeth are all very fine and presentable; and, by-and-large, I try to eat properly and avoid or minimize the bad or less-than-optimal foods. And, I suppose that working for myself (self-employed and independent) and not having a family and children at home, et al probably results in a lot less stress in life-at-large than those who are constantly having to contend with others at work and at home. For many many decades, I come home to a place that I have all to myself and am in solitude (unless I want or welcome company at my home or seek company outside my home).

For decades now, people couldn't quite believe my age whenever it became known to them (even to this day). They don't believe me (I sometimes show them my driver's license so they can see the birth date). For instance, there is a bank branch across the road from my home and I went in there recently to go to my safe deposit box. There is a very beautiful and shapely young woman (also very friendly and sweet) who works there and I was going in to go to my safe deposit box and she asked "What is your box number?" I said "The same as my age . . . 60". And she said "Come on now" and didn't quite believe it at first. I had to show her my drivers license anyway for her to write the ID info on it into the sign-in book to let me in to the safe deposit area and she looked at the license and then look at me wide-eyed and in wonderment and said to me "You look fantastic!" (obviously meaning "fantastic" for my age). Quite a complement at that coming from her, for she herself is radiantly beautiful and a real looker. I know that every man (and probably many women too) looks at her and thinks "Wow!". She looks like something out of a dream. And such a person as her (who can obviously have any man she wants) said to me "You look fantastic!" (that is, for my age).

To Ruth4Truth (and anyone else who read my own above-quoted posting that is boldfaced above by myself, which was a response to Ruth4Truth's posting to me):

In looking over my previous (above-quoted) posting to Ruth4Truth again, I wondered "Maybe at least some people are reading all those details [as boldfaced above] and wondering why you are sharing the details that you are sharing here". These boldfaced details were offered up by myself as my own thoughts over the course of time as to what are probable contributing factors for why I look rather young for my age (and now being 60 years of age per this writing). That is, I'm reasonably sure that it is impacted by not ever having been a substance user (drugs/alcohol/smoking), not being one who seeks out the sun beyond a modicum and in fact rather tries to minimize prolonged sun exposure, my efforts to eat a healthful diet by-and-large (corrected from earlier life patterns of eating), working independently and then (as life has turned out for me, for better or worse) living by myself for many years (which I've surmised probably results in a whole lot less stress for myself in life-at-large than for those persons who are constantly having to contend with others at work and at home). For, after all, continual stress in one's life over the course of time is definitely something which ages a person.

In summary, I've pondered the issue myself over the course of time and tend to think that these are all contributing factors to my rather youthful looks for my age (which others have often enough commented on to me over the course of decades).

Old 08-20-2014, 02:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
I couldn't approach a random woman to have sex. It just feels....wrong.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:32 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
Most people in general aren't hot. Most are average and there's nothing wrong with that.
OK, but most people are hot to someone. Just not in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships