Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 06:45 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
http://i.imgur.com/ZY45JDc.gif

Maybe she didn't respond because you don't have the cojones to ask her in person.

AM I RITE GUYS

No, but you could be "right".
I would not respond to someone asking me to go somewhere from a text either.
If you are not brave enough to ask me in the flesh, face to face for a date then the answer is always going to be no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 06:46 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
I got rejected. If a girl asked me to go do something, I would be flattered whether I'm into her or not. How dare she disrespect me by not even responding. She could have at least said "Sorry I appreciate the offer but I'm going to pass" or something.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
I got rejected. If a girl asked me to go do something, I would be flattered whether I'm into her or not. How dare she disrespect me by not even responding. She could have at least said "Sorry I appreciate the offer but I'm going to pass" or something.
You do not get to dictate the behaviors other people choose engage in.

It's nice that you would be flattered if asked out by text, but that doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same.

Choosing to see her behavior as "disrespectful" and getting all bent out of shape about it is a choice you can make, though moving on and saying "NEXT!" is a wiser use of your time

Old 08-18-2014, 06:55 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No, but you could be "right".
I would not respond to someone asking me to go somewhere from a text either.
If you are not brave enough to ask me in the flesh, face to face for a date then the answer is always going to be no.
I spelled it "rite" because of the Internet term "am i rite"...I'm a writer so I better know how to spell

While my post was sort of trollish and I do generally have more sympathy for those who get rejected, I think people really need to understand that there are still a few things in this world that shouldn't be communicated via text. Asking someone out by texting them isn't really brave at all (like CSD said)...I mean, it's pretty high school.

Had you asked her out in person and she just walked away, you may have had a point.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:14 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
I spelled it "rite" because of the Internet term "am i rite"...I'm a writer so I better know how to spell

While my post was sort of trollish and I do generally have more sympathy for those who get rejected, I think people really need to understand that there are still a few things in this world that shouldn't be communicated via text. Asking someone out by texting them isn't really brave at all (like CSD said)...I mean, it's pretty high school.

Had you asked her out in person and she just walked away, you may have had a point.
Maybe he's a young guy.

How do you know he's not 19 years old and has never had a GF before? And people are gonna say something like, "People who don't have the guts to approach me with full confidence get none of my time because I don't respect them."

Rough.

Now, don't get me wrong. I understand the world is like that and people are like that, but I am more than double that age. Still, it's like people don't remember when they were nervous around the opposite sex and they never remember their own vulnerabilites.

Personally, if a woman were too shy to ask me out in person and needed to do it in text, I would find it endearing to an extent. Life is so full of huff and puff blowhards who are always trying to get the last word in over you and telling you how much more they know than you, etc.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:18 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Maybe he's a young guy.

How do you know he's not 19 years old and has never had a GF before? And people are gonna say something like, "People who don't have the guts to approach me with full confidence get none of my time because I don't respect them."

Rough.

Now, don't get me wrong. I understand the world is like that and people are like that, but I am more than double that age. Still, it's like people don't remember when they were nervous around the opposite sex and they never remember their own vulnerabilites.

Personally, if a woman were too shy to ask me out in person and needed to do it in text, I would find it endearing to an extent. Life is so full of huff and puff blowhards who are always trying to get the last word in over you and telling you how much more they know than you, etc.

It isn't a matter of not respecting them, it is a matter of being able as a human to approach someone you may have a romantic interest in and asking them out on a date.
Not a text, not an email, a real in the flesh with your voice asking for a date.
That is the only personal way to ask for a date, text and email is not personal, it is generic.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:20 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
If this is how he takes rejection then it probably was for the best that he didn't ask her out face to face. There could have been an incident.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
I agree.

OP:

Why can you not ask her or any other female out in person instead of via text?

I would rather have the guy ask me out in person.

To me, it seems impersonal to ask someone out via text.
Oh lord. Some guys are shy and can't ask a girl out in person. In a text, nobody is shy. It's much easier nowadays.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:24 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
How dare she disrespect me by not even responding.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:26 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Maybe he's a young guy.

Rough.

That's a pet peeve of mine. When people act like they know everything. I can't stand a know it all. A lot of men are more successful in dating than me, but that doesn't mean I want their advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships