Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 03:15 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,717 times

Advertisements

I haven't read all the posts so maybe this is mentioned. What about the weekends you and your wife shop together for the weeks grocery's and plan meals together. I know you don't feel like doing this but I think it will help make a point to her.

For instance Sunday cook a roast they're easy just takes a little time to cook. That way you can make sandwiches for the week. Also, the econo pack of boneless/skinless chicken breasts - I think there's about eight in a pack - really easy - just put in a dish and bake - you could also make a huge pot of brown rice at the same time and just warm this up for dinner during the week. Also, a ham - really easy just takes time to bake - you get the idea if you/wife tried one of these or something similar on Sunday then it would help you out during the week.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:21 AM

47 posts, read 59,177 times
70s music I do most of the cooking. All I'm asking is for her to help me out this week when I have this schedule. Its a one time thing. She can do it for me. I refuse to make excuses for her. I go over and beyond. I hear what you are saying. Thank you for a nature input. Ibreallybappreciate. I'm just upset now with disregard from her. Hope you are having a better night

Old 08-19-2014, 03:21 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostritch View Post
wmns4life. I'm over this topic. I got some very positive input from people here earlier. You wanna bring in an old thread into this go ahead. Yes last week she went to see her ex in jail and I was mad cause she's been hiding it from me. I was typing so fast n typed in gf. Yea people make mistakes cause I felt she was acting like a gf not a wife. Let it go.

And good for you that you and ur husband work as a team. So you have no reason to complain. If my wife worked with me as a team k wouldn't be complaining would I? And expecting your spouse to help you isn't acting like a baby. Its called marriage. Goodnight
1) Typing in "wife" or GF matters. People here spend a lot of unpaid time trying to help others with problems. When you get on here and do stuff like this ^^, it ruins your credibility and pisses people off, so they turn on you.

2) Marriage is NOT about demanding and getting what you want.

You have a BIG problem. You had one idea of what your marriage would be like, and your wife is telling you the reality of what it will be like.

So you can either pitch a fit, like a baby, or you can do something about it.

The stuff you've complained about here? The jail visits and not having consideration for you re: meals? You have to talk to your wife, tell her what you want, and see what she says.

If she won't see your side, then she's self-centered and not thinking of you. If you KNEW going in that she didn't like cooking, yet you now are feeling sorry for yourself, then yes, you are being a baby. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game.

So put up or shut up. Work with your wife to fix the problem. Don't play stupid, passive-aggressive , and yes, CHILDISH games by saying, "I know somebody who WANTS to cook for me!"

Old 08-19-2014, 03:24 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Are she and your son eating every night for dinner?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-19-2014, 03:29 AM

Everyone is eating something. And thanks yall for answers. I appreciate them.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:34 AM

wmns4life. Do me a favor. Kindly dont respond to my posts. Its that simple. There are many other posts here you can respond to.
Thank you. And I mean that in a very respectful way

Old 08-19-2014, 03:37 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
I've done all the cooking in every relationship I've been in, but that's been my choice. It's really not that hard to make yourself some meals to take into work. Just grill some chicken breasts or pork and then bring it in and heat it up. Take a piece of fruit and a small salad and you're good to go.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:42 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostritch View Post
wmns4life. Do me a favor. Kindly dont respond to my posts. Its that simple. There are many other posts here you can respond to.
Thank you. And I mean that in a very respectful way
So you don't want actual, real help? You just want people to agree with you, and say, "Yeah what a b*tch! Crazy b*tch won't cook for you! That is messed up!"??

It is messed up that you are so unhappy this early in your relationship. Even more messed up is that you don't REALLY seem to want to solve the problem.

I AGREE with you that you should have dinner when you get home after working hard. I would do it. I do it now.

But your wife won't?

What can you do to solve this problem? Are you prepared to walk away if she won't compromise?

Old 08-19-2014, 03:44 AM

Have u ever driven Two hrs to work. Worked on your feet for 12 hrs with only 30 min break, then drive home another two hours and start grilling chicken?
Its not hard if you work 8 hrs and work twenty min away

Old 08-19-2014, 03:45 AM

Try it. Try driving two hrs to work daily. Then work on your feet 12 hrs. Then get in your car fighting sleep and drive home two more hours. Then get in the house and still fighting sleep, start grilling chicken.

Yes and burn the houae as you black out in fatigue. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships