Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 03:14 PM

285 posts, read 534,540 times

Advertisements

When I was (very briefly) on POF I bumped my age up by 3 years to avoid being matched with the younger college party types... There's an abundance of them on there (in the early twenties crowd), but I don't drink/party, am very mature for my age to start with, am doing a post grad program, have a career, and my own vehicle/condo etc etc. I wanted to be matched with people a few years older who were more settled in their lives like I was, not living in a frat house somewhere. I stated in my profile that I was 3 years younger and no one cared. Nothing came of things romantically, but I did make some great friends. I think it's only a problem if the person is being deceptive about it (ie not revealing it in their write up) or is much older/younger than they are claiming (like by 10 years or something crazy). I wouldn't have done it at all if there wasn't such a disparity between lifestyles of early and late twenty-somethings, and what most are looking for relationship-wise. Sue me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 03:15 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What on earth are you complaining about then?? You do come across as bitter and angry still, so it really did sound to me like you were suffering in some respect. Glad to be wrong about that.
I'm thinking on how it was for me online. I don't want daddies to contact me, I asked them not to but they did. I deserved to find what I wanted. I did find what I wanted and everyone should know what they want. I was suffering online because too many bottom feeders.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:39 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Women should also have the life they want but guess what? doesn't happen that way. Older men do have a higher risk of defect. It is definitely selfish for a man to judge a woman based on her age and his perceived ability to have kids. What if she can't have kids?

Of course it bothered me, why should I, as a single never married childless woman have to have bottom feeder men because the quality of men at my level are going younger? I know I'll probably never have biological kids, a 40 year old man needs to be realistic about that as well. Most of them will fail as finding someone and that means both the older women they rejected and the older men will all be single.
For the same reason that younger men have to lower their standards when women their own age are pursuing more mature, successful men. The men are being plenty realistic, and the facts simply happen to be that older (decide for yourself what the definition of that is) single, childless men have more options than women of the same age. Just because you don't fit their desirability model doesn't mean it's not realistic. That's one of the hard lessons that men learn about themselves at a younger age.

People want what they want. If someone is more in demand, they can afford to be more restrictive about what they want. Quality men at your age are in quite high demand (especially compared to women at the same age), and therefore have a bit more freedom when it comes to their choices, just as younger women do. It's simply one of those gender-specific perils out there.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:43 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,641 times
Quote:
I'm thinking on how it was for me online. I don't want daddies to contact me, I asked them not to but they did. I deserved to find what I wanted. I did find what I wanted and everyone should know what they want. I was suffering online because too many bottom feeders.
So men that have kids are mud suckers?

Old 08-22-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
For the same reason that younger men have to lower their standards when women their own age are pursuing more mature, successful men. The men are being plenty realistic, and the facts simply happen to be that older (decide for yourself what the definition of that is) single, childless men have more options than women of the same age. Just because you don't fit their desirability model doesn't mean it's not realistic. That's one of the hard lessons that men learn about themselves at a younger age.

People want what they want. If someone is more in demand, they can afford to be more restrictive about what they want. Quality men at your age are in quite high demand (especially compared to women at the same age), and therefore have a bit more freedom when it comes to their choices, just as younger women do. It's simply one of those gender-specific perils out there.
WRONG! Men who are older are not in MORE demand. Why this myth keeps going around is something I don't get. First off, not all younger women are dating older men most date men their age. This idea that younger men are not in demand is a lie. Second, it is realistic to expect someone LIKE YOU. That means a middle aged man can expect a middle ages women etc. It's not realistic for a man to think he has whatever he wants and women have to settle.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
So men that have kids are mud suckers?
Men that are divorced with kids or never married the mother pretty much are. I hated when these losers contacted me.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:37 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, if the shoe fits.
You don't know my shoe size either sweetie.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:06 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You don't know my shoe size either sweetie.

Nope, and don't tell me, I'll assume you're lying about it.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:58 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
WRONG! Men who are older are not in MORE demand. Why this myth keeps going around is something I don't get. First off, not all younger women are dating older men most date men their age. This idea that younger men are not in demand is a lie. Second, it is realistic to expect someone LIKE YOU. That means a middle aged man can expect a middle ages women etc. It's not realistic for a man to think he has whatever he wants and women have to settle.

The fact that you're trying to qualify what is "realistic" just proves my point. A middle aged man can expect a middle aged woman and then some. But you want to believe that's not true. If it weren't true, we wouldn't have middle aged women complaining that there are no quality men their age. There are, but they have more options than you do.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
The fact that you're trying to qualify what is "realistic" just proves my point. A middle aged man can expect a middle aged woman and then some. But you want to believe that's not true. If it weren't true, we wouldn't have middle aged women complaining that there are no quality men their age. There are, but they have more options than you do.
Oh really? how would you know they have more options than me? A middle aged man can not expect anything but a middle aged woman, especially if he's average. If he's overweight or underemployed? He has less options than a middle aged woman in shape. Actually I see more men complaining about quality woman than the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships