Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 03:32 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Hey Sea,

Mr. CSD and I were just talking about something and it reminded me of a time when I was about 14 or 15 that you may get a chuckle out of.

Way back then I was still a drunk, actually I was an alcoholic who grew a brain right before I turned 16 and quit drinking.
Anyway, I had been out with friends and we went to this small, skanky, disgusting truck stop to have the drunk breakfast about 2am and I actually got kicked out of that truck stop.

I'm talking about a truck stop that no one ever gets kicked out of but I was kicked out of that truck stop and banned from ever walking back in the door.......LOL

Old 10-22-2014, 03:42 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Can you not filter it out into your junk mail folder?
I do. I've added them into my block list. But some of them still make it through. I don't know how.

Transitioning e-mail ID's right now is a messy task too, with all the Internship interviews I have coming up. I'm eventually thinking of using G-Mail as my mainstay though, after informing everyone in my contacts.

I'm with GE employees tonight for an info session + dinner. Here is hope that it goes well. Need to get all dolled up again .

Old 10-22-2014, 03:43 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Hey Sea,

Mr. CSD and I were just talking about something and it reminded me of a time when I was about 14 or 15 that you may get a chuckle out of.

Way back then I was still a drunk, actually I was an alcoholic who grew a brain right before I turned 16 and quit drinking.
Anyway, I had been out with friends and we went to this small, skanky, disgusting truck stop to have the drunk breakfast about 2am and I actually got kicked out of that truck stop.

I'm talking about a truck stop that no one ever gets kicked out of but I was kicked out of that truck stop and banned from ever walking back in the door.......LOL
Do they have your pic on the wall by the cash register? Lol...

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed you had the foresight and wherewithal to "see" yourself and stop drinking at that age. Good for you.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Do they have your pic on the wall by the cash register? Lol...

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed you had the foresight and wherewithal to "see" yourself and stop drinking at that age. Good for you.

Actually I did not put the reason this particular memory came around.
Mr. CSD and I were discussing my current quilting project and started talking about the backing for the quilts and I had said something about getting the actual quilt backing or muslin that is much wider than regular fabric.
He suggested I go to the smaller quilt shop about 10 miles from where we live and I reminded him that I cannot go to that quilt shop because I have been banned from it for about a year now.......LOL

I upset the ladies there because I had the nerve to tell them that they really should cater to "Quilters" and NOT "Piecers".

They promptly informed me that they felt "this is not the best shop for you to be in, ever".......LOL

For those that do not know the difference, a Quilter is one who does the actual quilting of the piece they are working on whether it be with sewing machine or by hand.
A Piecer is one that purchases the fabric, makes the top of the quilt and send it off to someone else to put the batting and backing on and put it on an actual Quilting Machine to finish up the project.

Currently I am preparing the fabric to piece together then put the batting on then the backing and I will be using my sewing machine to do the quilting part of the project simply because it is much quicker than hand quilting and I want to have both quilts completed before we go to see our Grandsons for Halloween next week.
If I feel up to it I may get started on the quilt for their parents as well but we'll see how that goes.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:12 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Actually I did not put the reason this particular memory came around.
Mr. CSD and I were discussing my current quilting project and started talking about the backing for the quilts and I had said something about getting the actual quilt backing or muslin that is much wider than regular fabric.
He suggested I go to the smaller quilt shop about 10 miles from where we live and I reminded him that I cannot go to that quilt shop because I have been banned from it for about a year now.......LOL

I upset the ladies there because I had the nerve to tell them that they really should cater to "Quilters" and NOT "Piecers".

They promptly informed me that they felt "this is not the best shop for you to be in, ever".......LOL

For those that do not know the difference, a Quilter is one who does the actual quilting of the piece they are working on whether it be with sewing machine or by hand.
A Piecer is one that purchases the fabric, makes the top of the quilt and send it off to someone else to put the batting and backing on and put it on an actual Quilting Machine to finish up the project.

Currently I am preparing the fabric to piece together then put the batting on then the backing and I will be using my sewing machine to do the quilting part of the project simply because it is much quicker than hand quilting and I want to have both quilts completed before we go to see our Grandsons for Halloween next week.
If I feel up to it I may get started on the quilt for their parents as well but we'll see how that goes.
Who would have thought it? Quilting snobs.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Who would have thought it? Quilting snobs.
Let me tell you those gals would have run me out of town on a rail if there had been a rail around, they were quite full of themselves.

I have 3 of the 4 fabrics cut but I am tired so I think I will finish cutting the lat fabric tomorrow then start sewing things together.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:20 PM

As most of you know I have chronic insomnia and tonight happens to be one of those nights again so in the midst of sitting here wondering what I am going to do instead of sleep, I wrote this:

Kenton's Soul
Your body may have been buried today
But the mark your soul left behind will never go away
You touched so many in the few years you were here
What an honor it was for our souls to be briefly near
I will think of you often and wonder without doubt
Who you would have been and what you life would be about
I wish you restful sleep and peaceful dreams as your soul wanders
In the timbers of your eternal final slumber.

CSD610 ~~ October 22, 2014

Old 10-22-2014, 09:42 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
As most of you know I have chronic insomnia and tonight happens to be one of those nights again so in the midst of sitting here wondering what I am going to do instead of sleep, I wrote this:

Kenton's Soul
Your body may have been buried today
But the mark your soul left behind will never go away
You touched so many in the few years you were here
What an honor it was for our souls to be briefly near
I will think of you often and wonder without doubt
Who you would have been and what you life would be about
I wish you restful sleep and peaceful dreams as your soul wanders
In the timbers of your eternal final slumber.

CSD610 ~~ October 22, 2014
That is really lovely CSD.

I hate insomnia... I experience this too and its awful.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:31 AM

Well it is 3:30am and I have the quilt top finished so after I get some actual sleep and have some actual hot coffee all I have to do is put the batting on and the backing then start the quilting process. If all goes well I should have this quilt done before midnight tonight since it is already Thursday.

I'll take photos if you like.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:41 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
I have an exam, and am kinda scared, because blowing it means getting a very bad grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships