Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 02:06 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr800-cr250 View Post
Not quite sure I buy this.

When I was 18-20 it seemed like I was always in trouble for something. I knew every cop in the town I grew up in on a first name basis because I had been arrested by just about all of them at one time or another and eventually cut an under the table deal with the county prosecutor to leave town in exchange for reducing sentences and dropping charges. During that time it seemed like the women were lined up. There were nights that I'd take one date to a party and then go sleep at another girls house after dropping the first one off. There were even a couple nights when staying at friends places where I woke up to women trying to have their way with me (ok, really they were succeeding, not trying ).

When I moved away I essentially reinvented myself as a much calmer person and guess what? Suddenly dates/women/relationships were harder to come by. My looks didn't change, but my attitude had and the end result was that fewer women were interested.
Thank you for your story. But isn't it possible that before you moved you were in a fortuitous social network (SOA?) that included a lot of 'bad girls', and that after moving your biggest problem was that you lost that social network?

Old 09-08-2014, 02:18 PM

138 posts, read 171,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I am...

...artistic, but in the sense that I don't give a damn about being misunderstood, and also in the sense that I am a non-conformist, just like the biker in one of the previous posts doesn't meet the image of a typical biker. I wear clothes for comfort and utility first, and my artistic hobby is shared by people who meet an older demographic. If I had to pick a type, I am the outdoor type, though I am not of the athletic build which women my age go after.
If you're into macrame you may just want to write off the idea of having a relationship.....just sayin'.

Ok, outdoor type, now we're gettin' somewhere. There might be something to work with there. As to clothes, I would consider looking at style at least when you're out on the town. Clothes can go a long way. Just a thought.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:19 PM

138 posts, read 171,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Thank you for your story. But isn't it possible that before you moved you were in a fortuitous social network (SOA?) that included a lot of 'bad girls', and that after moving your biggest problem was that you lost that social network?
Very possible. I made new friends that included some bad girls, but I just didn't seem to have the same luck. But maybe that's because I didn't have the history with the new group, so you may very well be right.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Why is it always the "nice guys" complaining that the bad boys get women, and not the other way around?

Women LOVE nice guys right? The ones that treat her like a lady, the ones without tattoos, the ones that do not touch random women in public...

How come us nice guys never hear form the manipulative, abusive bad boys about how their woman left their arse?
Because bad boys don't give a damn if some chick left them for another guy. They'll just move on to the next conquest.

They're not on an Internet forum complaining about how they can't get any women, because they never have problems getting women. They're not trying to build relationships, because they just want to get laid and move on to the next woman.

It's pretty straightforward.

I like nice guys with or without tattoos, for what it's worth.

And, btw?

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships