Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2014, 09:56 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The job thing is tricky. In a lot of jobs you're not supposed to use the customer base as your dating pool. It would depend on what the job is. Staffing a tourist information booth? Fine. Being a Wal-Mart greeter? You don't want to be overly friendly, or you'll discourage women from shopping there. A cashier at one of the grocery stores in town where I live was blatantly coming on to some of the women, and he got in trouble. He doesn't work there anymore.
Oh I know. A job is difficult, obviously because you're working. But it's worth a try, depending on the job-like you said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 10:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
So you are not trying to rile stinkerr up eh? But then you call him dense. As for your first I sincerely doubt it.
actually i am trying to make him think about hings, but if he gets riled up, thats his business, and it just means he isnt thinking like he should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I disagree with this. In general, I've found that most women find the same men attractive and only go for the lower tier (in terms of looks) men when they find something wrong with the very attractive guys (players, too clingy, etc.).
there are some women that will chase men because of their looks, but for the most part, women are deeper than that. like i said, i am no prize to be sure, but i have had women chase me.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:09 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
there are some women that will chase men because of their looks, but for the most part, women are deeper than that. like i said, i am no prize to be sure, but i have had women chase me.[/quote]

There's nothing worse than a braggart.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:09 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
I disagree with this. In general, I've found that most women find the same men attractive and only go for the lower tier (in terms of looks) men when they find something wrong with the very attractive guys (players, too clingy, etc.).
You'd be surprised. "Attractive" is very much in the eye of the beholder. I had friends in college who went after the quiet, geeky types. They liked their personality, felt the guys would be stable and steady, and probably found their looks attractive in a quirky way, too. There's no rhyme or reason sometimes, to what people will find attractive.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:10 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post

There's nothing worse than a braggart.
He's not bragging, he's using himself as an example. He means to say, if he can do it, you can too. The fact that you thought he was bragging says more about you than it does about him.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:13 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Women are like cats and men are like dogs.

Cats are cool and dogs drool..... LOL....

Women don't generally throw themselves at men... some do of course, but most don't.

I vote false.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:18 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
there are some women that will chase men because of their looks, but for the most part, women are deeper than that. like i said, i am no prize to be sure, but i have had women chase me.
I've had women chase me too. I'm average looking and short. But my tall good-looking friends have women throwing themselves at them almost non-stop. There's no comparison.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:20 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
He's not bragging, he's using himself as an example. He means to say, if he can do it, you can too. The fact that you thought he was bragging says more about you than it does about him.
If a person regularly toots his own horn thats called bragging. He's done this in innumerable threads. As for me being able to do it, I think not. If that were true it would have happened long before now. Besides I have understood for years that I am unattractive to women.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:21 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
I've had women chase me too. I'm average looking and short. But my tall good-looking friends have women throwing themselves at them almost non-stop. There's no comparison.
But does there need to be a comparison? Why competition. If you get women, then you're doing well. Why measure on how many other women a person has?

Old 09-07-2014, 10:21 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
You'd be surprised. "Attractive" is very much in the eye of the beholder. I had friends in college who went after the quiet, geeky types. They liked their personality, felt the guys would be stable and steady, and probably found their looks attractive in a quirky way, too. There's no rhyme or reason sometimes, to what people will find attractive.
There is such a thing as objectively attractive people. These people get the majority of the interest from the opposite sex. Sure, a short, socially awkward, geeky guy may get a woman or 2 in his life, but it will be nowhere near what the tall, good-looking guy gets. Not even close.

You could say that these women who find unconventional guys attractive are the exceptions to the rule. And, of course, the exceptions don't disprove the rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships