Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 01:10 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
At least he's honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 01:11 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
At least you are honest about it, pathetic as it may be.

The fact that you think your time is being wasted getting to know another human instead of being guaranteed sex makes you seem to have the maturity level of about a fifteen-year-old. If you just want sex and don't care about the person you are dating, why don't you just spend the money you would on a date on a prostitute? I am not being sarcastic, it is an honest question. If you have no interest in getting to know a woman as a person first, you really are not a person who is interested in dating or relationships in the first place, are you. You just need a place to stick your little wienie. You should pay for that. Both parties know then what the contract is, and some poor girl isn't thinking you are really interested in her.

By the way, sex is not affection so it sounds as if you're a little confused there, too.
I said that as a man why would I go out on date after date if interest has not been confirmed by date 3? Since the guy is expected to pay he has to feel that the girl is interested in being with him not just getting a free outing. And that interest can be confirmed by a kiss, hand holding, or complimenting him. I am not focused on sex, more of a connection and want to feel she is interested in me.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:12 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
so a man is supposed to just go on date after date without receiving any kind of affection to confirm she has interest in him? It doesn't have to be sex but I want to believe that the guy wants her to show some kind of interest if he is expected to pay. Once it's confirmed a girl is interested in me I have no issue with spending money.
Well, it sounds as if you are equating spending money on a date with what you will get in return. That's really not the way it's supposed to work, and you know that.

You'd be an idiot if you went on "date after date" with a woman who has no interest in you, but the POINT of the dating should be to see if you actually like each other, not how much "affection" you'll get in proportion to what you spent.

Is this 1952 or something?

Old 09-21-2014, 01:14 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
After at least 3 to 5 dates, if a woman isn't having sex with me, she isn't interested in me and I move on. She wants free meals. Luckily, I don't have this problem now.
Yeah in my case it's usually confirmed by date 3 if she is interested by her

1. Kissing me
2. Agreeing to pay for the dinner
3, Hand Holding

If none of those things are happened by the end of the 3rd date then there should not be a 4th date.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Well, it sounds as if you are equating spending money on a date with what you will get in return. That's really not the way it's supposed to work, and you know that.

You'd be an idiot if you went on "date after date" with a woman who has no interest in you, but the POINT of the dating should be to see if you actually like each other, not how much "affection" you'll get in proportion to what you spent.
Yep.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:15 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
I said that as a man why would I go out on date after date if interest has not been confirmed by date 3? Since the guy is expected to pay he has to feel that the girl is interested in being with him not just getting a free outing. And that interest can be confirmed by a kiss, hand holding, or complimenting him. I am not focused on sex, more of a connection and want to feel she is interested in me.
Well, no, that is NOT what you said in the post I was replying to. You said "a date", not "date after date". Of course after several dates you would not want to continue if there is no connection. Neither would she.

But your post did make it sound as if BECAUSE YOU ARE PAYING, you should be able to expect something in return. If that's how you think, you should not be dating. Or you should be going Dutch only.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:16 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Yeah in my case it's usually confirmed by date 3 if she is interested by her

1. Kissing me
2. Agreeing to pay for the dinner
3, Hand Holding

If none of those things are happened by the end of the 3rd date then there should not be a 4th date.
With me, if it's not happening by date 3, I won't call her again. I'm not even talking about sex either.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:18 PM
FBJ

Quote:

Is this 1952 or something?
well if that is the case then we should go dutch until a connection is made. See what you are saying is not possible for the average man because going out can be pricey when you factor in movies and dinner. So any guy who is not making 6 figures is not going to just keep spending money if he feels she is not interested in him as a person. If a guy foots the three dates then that can be close to $300 and I don't know any guy unless he is rich that is going to keep spending money if he looks like she has no interest.

Again I am talking about Interest, not getting SEX,

Old 09-21-2014, 01:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Well, no, that is NOT what you said in the post I was replying to. You said "a date", not "date after date". Of course after several dates you would not want to continue if there is no connection. Neither would she.

But your post did make it sound as if BECAUSE YOU ARE PAYING, you should be able to expect something in return. If that's how you think, you should not be dating. Or you should be going Dutch only.
Not something in return, just that she enjoys spending time with me.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:20 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
well if that is the case then we should go dutch until a connection is made. See what you are saying is not possible for the average man because going out can be pricey when you factor in movies and dinner. So any guy who is not making 6 figures is not going to just keep spending money if he feels she is not interested in him as a person. If a guy foots the three dates then that can be close to $300 and I don't know any guy unless he is rich that is going to keep spending money if he looks like she has no interest.

Again I am talking about Interest, not getting SEX,
Have you actually been out with one of these aloof professional daters? Because I don't know any women like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships