Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 01:00 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
What are you talking about? I live in a mostly isolated area and cannot date the people that I work with. The only places around to meet someone are bars, which is not the best place for something serious.

So I'm limited in my options to begin with. When I wasn't so limited, I met more women. This is a difficult place to meet women, in general. All of my single friends (even the tall, good-looking ones) agree.
What you are saying here is that you have "issues". Your options are limited by your circumstances, just as hers are. So you are both on a somewhat even playing field, really. Except that you are playing the princess card, and putting in "zero effort".

Exactly how long do you think this ride will last?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 08:13 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
What you are saying here is that you have "issues". Your options are limited by your circumstances, just as hers are. So you are both on a somewhat even playing field, really. Except that you are playing the princess card, and putting in "zero effort".

Exactly how long do you think this ride will last?
That's what I don't get, how he doesn't see that HE is the princess in this scenario. Which is hypocritical and nothing to be proud of.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
This whole thread is a classic case of trying to shame a man into accepting and taking on responsibilities that aren't his. Cristo has been up front with what he wants (his own biological kids) and hasn't been deceptive with the woman he is dating. Far as I know it doesn't sound like he is whispering sweet nothings into her ear saying I love yous in order to get what he wants from her. It sounds like they are both getting what they want from each other at this point in time which is companionship and quality time. Eventually it probably will not work out because of long term life goal differences but for the present time they are really enjoying each others company.

Why is it men have to 'Man up'? He is dating a grown woman capable of her own choices. Instead everyone is making her out to be a vulnerable woman that is being taken advantage of by a man. Man bad, woman good. Man must accept responsibility, woman is vulnerable because she is a woman and therefore not responsible.

Where is the equality here?
No, that's just you reading with your misogynist glasses again.

In fact, most of us have urged him NOT to "take on responsibilities that aren't his." My only goal is for him to see his dishonesty in this scenario. He and the woman are both lying to each other, and neither of them is actually thinking about the kids.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:21 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
This whole thread is a classic case of trying to shame a man into accepting and taking on responsibilities that aren't his. Cristo has been up front with what he wants (his own biological kids) and hasn't been deceptive with the woman he is dating. Far as I know it doesn't sound like he is whispering sweet nothings into her ear saying I love yous in order to get what he wants from her. It sounds like they are both getting what they want from each other at this point in time which is companionship and quality time. Eventually it probably will not work out because of long term life goal differences but for the present time they are really enjoying each others company.

Why is it men have to 'Man up'? He is dating a grown woman capable of her own choices. Instead everyone is making her out to be a vulnerable woman that is being taken advantage of by a man. Man bad, woman good. Man must accept responsibility, woman is vulnerable because she is a woman and therefore not responsible.

Where is the equality here?
Actually, he has been deceptive with the woman he's dating. He hasn't told her he wants to have his own kids, and isn't with her long-term for that reason. He's only been up front with us about what he wants and doesn't want.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:45 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
No, that's just you reading with your misogynist glasses again.

In fact, most of us have urged him NOT to "take on responsibilities that aren't his." My only goal is for him to see his dishonesty in this scenario. He and the woman are both lying to each other, and neither of them is actually thinking about the kids.
Well, there are a few things that I left out in this scenario. This woman isn't exactly naive. She's pretty much a nympho and easily had sex with 3-4 times the amount of people that I've had sex with (and I've had sex with a fairly large number of women).

It's not like I'm taking advantage of a near virginal saint lol.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:52 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Well, there are a few things that I left out in this scenario. This woman isn't exactly naive. She's pretty much a nympho and easily had sex with 3-4 times the amount of people that I've had sex with (and I've had sex with a fairly large number of women).

I doubt anyone assumed that a woman with several kids was a near-virginal saint. And btw, The term "nympho" is so obsolete. It comes from back in the day when women weren't supposed to enjoy sex. You don't want to go back to those days, do you? I don't.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I doubt anyone assumed that a woman with several kids was a near-virginal saint. And btw, The term "nympho" is so obsolete. It comes from back in the day when women weren't supposed to enjoy sex. You don't want to go back to those days, do you? I don't.
Personally, I think women should not give it up so easily, as it ruins their respectability. That's just me though.

I would have trouble seriously dating a woman that has had over 100 sex partners, which is what this woman has had.

To each their own though.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:

That doesn't matter. Nothing after the "I'm taking advantage ... " part of your sentence matters. Because what matters is YOU ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE.

You know, just when I think you cannot make this thread any worse, you manage to. You have a very f*cked up way of looking at things.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That doesn't matter. Nothing after the "I'm taking advantage ... " part of your sentence matters. Because what matters is YOU ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE.

You know, just when I think you cannot make this thread any worse, you manage to. You have a very f*cked up way of looking at things.
Just because you disagree with my viewpoints doesn't make them "f*cked up". I know what I want in a long-term partner and I know what I don't.

My point is that this woman turns me off on multiple levels, but the sex is good.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:16 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Personally, I think women should not give it up so easily, as it ruins their respectability. That's just me though.

I would have trouble seriously dating a woman that has had over 100 sex partners, which is what this woman has had.

To each their own though.
Funny, I read thru this whole thread with interest and was starting to come down more on your side b/c it sounds like you did tell her you want kids of your own someday? But then this. The fact is that you're looking to justify using her for just sex and using the number of partners she's had in the past as your justification. Fact is, you have zero respect for this woman and it's just a "feels good now" kind of deal. Well if she's just using you for the same reasons, then carry on; otherwise set her free to meet someone who will truly love her for the whole package. Either that or make it very clear that you two are just FWB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships