Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 03:55 PM

783 posts, read 850,152 times

Advertisements

Everyone has a different definition of what an ideal man/woman is. Men place a higher emphasis on looks, women a higher emphasis on personality and status/success.

Don't know how the other men are faring where you live but where I live there is a big shortage of what I would consider attractive women. 16/18 women I asked out all had BFs already. In my town if a woman is a 7 or above she has a BF/Husband already. Men out number women at the gym I go to 4:1.

It is well known that women have higher standards then men. For a man it isn't enough to look good, a man needs to have charisma and some degree of success in order to get a quality woman. Many times that quality woman has to be found inside a small window of opportunity when she happens to be single.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 04:03 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
In my area there is tons of women and hardly available, average or above guys. Speed dating events are sold out for women. Meetup.com events are ratio 8:2 for women. And most of them are actually nice to look at so it's not just the unattractive leftovers that nobody wants.

You should visit LA

Old 09-22-2014, 04:13 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
I would think Montana would be more like Alaska and have a heavy male bias, no?

Old 09-22-2014, 04:15 PM

Yeah I have a friend of mine that lives where I live that lived in San Diego for a year and he said it was like night and day compared to Montana. Lots of good looking women everywhere he said.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I would think Montana would be more like Alaska and have a heavy male bias, no?
The male female population ratio is actually within 1% here. The problem is lack of attractive single women. Since I don't date guys :P I don't know or pay attention if there is a lack of attractive men here. But I do know that more men workout here compared to women.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:25 PM

295 posts, read 307,407 times
I don't understand why men always say that a man has to be successful. I couldn't care less.
The most important thing is that he looks good. But unfortunately only 2% of all men on this planet fulfill this requirement. :|

Old 09-22-2014, 04:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post
I don't understand why men always say that a man has to be successful. I couldn't care less.
The most important thing is that he looks good. But unfortunately only 2% of all men on this planet fulfill this requirement. :|

So what happens when those looks fade because he actually ages and he is not successful?

If all the time and energy spent online pondering the ideal, perfect, best of, etc. regarding relationships and men and women was put toward going out into the world, having a life and meeting others there would be much less pondering and much more successful dating, meeting and having a life.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:31 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Wow, that's pretty low at just 2% don't you think. But, I think an ideal man or woman would be pretty equally hard to find.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:35 PM

295 posts, read 307,407 times
I don't say that looks are the most important to me. I just say, that I don't care about his career, job, car... success.
Looks trigger attraction of course. But so does personality, character and intelligence.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
So what you are saying is that 98% of all men aren't good enough for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships