Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 02:40 PM

545 posts, read 632,694 times

Advertisements

Why are women so aversive to initiating with someone they are interested in that the will instead make a heavy presence / look implying that you should engage with them? I don't need women to let me know they would like to see if they are interested in rejecting me or not. If I'd like to find out my own I will. Quite frankly it's insulting, I don't owe them my effort so she can see if we're a good match. And what's then insulting on top of that is how they act afterwards when you don't engage - don't act like I'm the no guts gutter coward.

Last edited by OvernightDelivery; 09-28-2014 at 03:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 02:47 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
What?

Old 09-28-2014, 02:56 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
English as a second language maybe?

I dunno, I really tried to understand it. Maybe he could try google translator.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:12 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
He thinks that when women check him out and give him an inviting look, they are saying, "Approach me and then do all the work of impressing me so I can decide whether to reject you."

He'd rather decide on his own to approach and then let them decide whether to reject him.

He thinks that if a woman is interested, she should approach instead of just making googly eyes.

You know, because we all just expect men to fall at our feet if we look at them.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:24 PM

545 posts, read 632,694 times
Googly eyes are great but once in awhile in a public place (a place where there be no expectations for anyone to engage with each other) sometimes a girl will just get close or sit nearby and just create a heavy presence and gives looks etc, making it awkward to not be talking while at the same time not really creating a reason why I should start it unless I was going to anyways.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:34 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
No googly eyes are great but once in awhile in a public place (a place where there be no expectations for anyone to engage with each other) sometimes a girl will just get close or sit nearby and just create a heavy presence and gives looks etc, making it awkward to not be talking while at the same time not really creating a reason why I should start it unless I was going to anyways.
Well, pulling out a phone in public has one benefit: You can ignore her that way.

Hey, at least you can pick up on signals, when apparently a fair number of the guys on this forum can't.

But maybe now you'll have some sympathy for women when we say we don't like being stared at. It's the same feeling, like you're prey.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
"Create a heavy presence."

That's a new one.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:07 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Quote:
Googly eyes are great but once in awhile in a public place (a place where there be no expectations for anyone to engage with each other) sometimes a girl will just get close or sit nearby and just create a heavy presence and gives looks etc, making it awkward to not be talking while at the same time not really creating a reason why I should start it unless I was going to anyways.
Women approach you; that's great! And they respect your right to say no!

And.... why is this bad?

Old 09-28-2014, 08:18 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,380 times
Quote:
You can bit*h and moan all day long, won't change the fact that most women are taught to not be too forward with men. So they do other things. When they do those other things, they aren't likely to reject you.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:49 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,457 times
I don't understand what is going on!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships