Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 04:47 PM

268 posts, read 648,817 times

Advertisements

I met a girl and we seemed to hit it off pretty quickly. It seemed like she wanted to hang out so bad after so she actually invited me out and I went out with her, once again we hung out and seemed to still have all the good factors going. Flirty, talkative about everything and anything and even a few kisses here and there. I will admit I was out of my element because she made the plans and itinerary...

After hanging out for the second time I almost immediately asked her to hang out once again (its me asking her to hang out now). She says she "will let me know." I did not ask her to do anything specific but I just said want to hang out on x night?

Then she never once brings it up again, basically does not follow up to "let me know". We texted few times here and there but it seemed to be real casual talk. I did not bring it up either out of fear of being OVERLY eager or creepy. I am simply not the type of guy that asks a girl twice.

So now I am thinking that "I will let you know" is her way of saying "I am not interested anymore, because she is not confident enough to tell me "NO."

That is how I take it anyway. I may be wrong.

Now I am at a standstill. The reason I am is because I actually like this girl, more than a friend even though we just met. Sometimes it takes a long time for me to want a relationship with a girl but she kinda has me wrapped around her finger, just by being her. Plus we hit it off immediately which I feel like is a sign.

So do I continue to pursue it and fight for it? Or do I back off and go look else where for other girls?

if I continue to pursue it and fight for it because I feel strongly for her then do I just try to keep talking and be her friend, or should I be more specific in asking her to hang out for example coming up with an idea to actually go do something and suggest that she comes with me?

opinions please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 05:18 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Sounds like she likes to be in charge. Hang back awhile, and see if she picks up the slack. Definitely awkward for you, because now you feel like you can't make a move, you have to let her make all the moves. If you can handle that, see if she contacts you. If you can't handle that, move on.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:20 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,194,542 times
I would ask her again. Call her though. If she answers her phone just ask if she would like to go out with you. If she says, "YES", then you are good to go. If she says "I'll let you know...", then you did everything you could do, and the 'ball is in her court' as they say. If she does not get back to you, then you will know she is not interested. It sucks, but move on

Old 10-05-2014, 05:21 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Yes. Stop with the stupid "let's hang out". Show your intentions by being specific, have a date, time and plan in mind.

Once you've done that, if she does not accept, move on. There is nothing to fight for because there isn't even a relationship at this point.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:26 PM

I use the term fight as an expression to pursue her still even after she never let me know about her availability to hang out. I think my major downfall was not asking her to do a specific thing with a specific time on my mind.

I guess I can try calling her in a couple days, having a convo and asking her to do whatever I pick ... it sucks having to make another move after already making a mediocre move of asking her if she wanted to do something via text

Old 10-05-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball83 View Post
I use the term fight as an expression to pursue her still even after she never let me know about her availability to hang out. I think my major downfall was not asking her to do a specific thing with a specific time on my mind.

I guess I can try calling her in a couple days, having a convo and asking her to do whatever I pick ... it sucks having to make another move after already making a mediocre move of asking her if she wanted to do something via text
Well, you either try once more and see what happens, or accept that you blew it and just move on. No need to agonize so much.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:01 PM

I wouldn't say that I blew it just from communicating wrong but I would say if she is not interested then it is because of my lame ass out on our second date in which I was out of my element. Maybe I should have been more wild or something.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball83 View Post
I wouldn't say that I blew it just from communicating wrong but I would say if she is not interested then it is because of my lame ass out on our second date in which I was out of my element. Maybe I should have been more wild or something.
What happened the second time you hung out? I really wouldn't call these dates so far.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:20 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,902,033 times
Maybe she just sees you as a friend or someone cool to hang out with. If she's young-ish, like in her early-mid 20s this is quite likely in fact.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:24 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,018,788 times
People by nature like to avoid confrontation and like to let people down easy. Being accepting to something in the future and never following through is one technique used to this end. It avoids rejecting someone to their face.

As suggested, ask her out on a specific date. Be clear with date, time, etc. Then you will know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships