Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 07:54 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,161 times

Advertisements

I'd glare at her and not be very nice. No that's not petty. Any person who tries to get my man will have to kill me. It's not funny and taken lightly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 08:05 PM

19 posts, read 35,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The only question I have is why was there an awkward silence? Why didn't your Fiance tell her she was being inappropriate and get away from her?
I think it was just the case of not knowing what to say. I was a bit upset he didn't say anything to her at first, but thinking about it now I'm glad he didn't because any form of confrontation and she probably would've tried to get him fired.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:06 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Why an awkward silence? Why didn't he put her in her place right there?

Kind of odd.

If you really trust him it shouldn't matter. I work with my gf amd I know even with my temper if someone said that to her I could let it go. Errrr at least not get fired for how I handle the situation lol.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:07 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It wasn't a joke.

She made a pass, he shut it down with awkward silence.

This should be the end of it, unless she's really ruthless and has no shame.

If she approaches him again, even under the guise of a "joke" he needs to have a response prepared and be firm in his delivery of rejection.
Would it be fair to say (assuming she was serious) they must have some type of close relationship at work for her to spring a question like that out of nowhere?

Old 10-05-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Why an awkward silence? Why didn't he put her in her place right there?

Kind of odd.

If you really trust him it shouldn't matter. I work with my gf amd I know even with my temper if someone said that to her I could let it go. Errrr at least not get fired for how I handle the situation lol.
yeah, we know whats up, Lol

Old 10-05-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Would it be fair to say (assuming she was serious) they must have some type of close relationship at work for her to spring a question like that out of nowhere?
Close relationship as in them flirting together? Absolutely not. I say this because for one he's just a friendly, funny person that people tend to gravitate towards. And secondly, she's known for trying to get with a lot of guys at the job. Another coworker told me she made a pass at her fiancé as well.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas226 View Post
Close relationship as in them flirting together? Absolutely not. I say this because for one he's just a friendly, funny person that people tend to gravitate towards. And secondly, she's known for trying to get with a lot of guys at the job. Another coworker told me she made a pass at her fiancé as well.
I'm surprised shes still has a job there. I guess, guys at your work dont complain too much when being harassed by this women.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I'm surprised shes still has a job there. I guess, guys at your work dont complain too much when being harassed by this women.
Hmm good point. My fiancé in particular doesn't want to say something because supposedly this girl has a lot of connections at the job and he thinks she'll try to get him fired. If it wasn't for the fact that we're about to take on a mortgage then I'm sure the outcome of this situation would've been very different.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:31 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Nope, not fair at all to say that.

When a woman wants to go after a man (for whatever reason) she doesn't need a "close relationship" with him at all to let her intentions be known.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:40 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,724,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas226 View Post
Recently a girl who works with my fiancé cornered him and says "I want you to leave your girlfriend and come with me".. After a couple minutes of awkward silence she says she's "joking". What makes it better is I work at the same place but on a different shift, so me and this girl cross paths every morning.

My fiancé wants me to just let it go.. But my blood boils every time I see her. What should I do?
I would take it as a compliment and a joke. You probably need to lighten up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships