Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 06:49 PM

615 posts, read 726,183 times

Advertisements

I think it's hilarious when someone spouts that tripe as encouragement. Yes, there are billions of women in the world, but that doesn't mean I or any other guys has that many realistic options, if any all. A few obvious qualifications for a woman to be a feasible option are:

* I have to be attracted to her
* She has to be attracted to me
* She has to be available
* She has to live in my area (Else, I'm exteme unlikely to ever meet her)

I've maybe had 1 or 2 options in my entire life and that's a big maybe (since I'm not sure the women were attracted to me). Can anyone else relate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 06:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
I think it's hilarious when someone spouts that tripe as encouragement. Yes, there are billions of women in the world, but that doesn't mean I or any other guys has that many realistic options, if any all. A few obvious qualifications for a woman to be a feasible option are:

* I have to be attracted to her
* She has to be attracted to me
* She has to be available
* She has to live in my area (Else, I'm exteme unlikely to ever meet her)

I've maybe had 1 or 2 options in my entire life and that's a big maybe (since I'm not sure the women were attracted to me). Can anyone else relate?
Why do you waste your time even thinking about this crap?

It's like you constantly want to justify why you don't have a women in your life.

What you may not realize is, all this stuff becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy

Old 10-06-2014, 08:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Why do you waste your time even thinking about this crap?

It's like you constantly want to justify why you don't have a women in your life.

What you may not realize is, all this stuff becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy
a lot of people shoot themselves in the foot in that manner. then they justify through the use of ignorance the reasons they are the way they are.

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-08-2014 at 10:43 AM..

Old 10-06-2014, 08:32 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,968,226 times
Actually when you consider a billion of those women are kids and another few hundred million are old ladies it's really more like 2 billion that you could potentially date at the very most.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:23 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Dude, you hate yourself. You are suicidal over your hair, for god's sake. Meanwhile you come from a privileged home, your father is a doctor, you have a job, you are not (despite what you may think) grossly disfigured.

Why are you pissing your youth away with booze and self-pity? And how can you expect to find someone who is going to love THAT?

Fix it, man. Talk to your dad. Get antidepressants. Put down the bottle. Get into therapy. Count your blessings!

Last edited by zentropa; 10-06-2014 at 09:31 PM..

Old 10-07-2014, 12:33 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Supply and Demand.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:46 AM

49 posts, read 40,263 times
Just because your positive does not mean everything will work out in life for you. Do the people posting here understand that? The world is not fair. For every bald overweight guy that still gets women I know 3 who don't. I'm glad things worked out for some people in rough situations but everyone is not you.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:54 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Good grief. People use this example to make the point that women make up half the world's population. Your limited and bad experiences with three women mean you look like an arse making sweeping generalizations of a gender comprising several billion people.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:09 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Mix-A-Lot View Post
Just because your positive does not mean everything will work out in life for you. Do the people posting here understand that? The world is not fair. For every bald overweight guy that still gets women I know 3 who don't. I'm glad things worked out for some people in rough situations but everyone is not you.
Are you one of those people who believes that if you insert item A into slot B then you automatically receive C? And if it doesn't happen it's WRONG and UNFAIR?

Being positive, having a good attitude and loving yourself is its own reward. Wouldn't you rather be happy with your life than bitter and disappointed, no matter what the outcome is?

Why is this so hard to understand? There is no formula for "getting a girl." But you can control how you move through the world, and whether or not you enjoy the limited amount of time you have on this earth.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:38 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Mix-A-Lot View Post
Look at it this way, if you are positive and it doesn't work out... at least you weren't wallowing in misery all the time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships