Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 06:17 AM

41 posts, read 74,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
You take the Q train, are you from NYC??

NYC has a population of 8.2 million people. Don't shyt where you eat! Stop flirting with this dude. Stop bringing him muffins and oils. You look desperate. Dudes gossip too. You should concentrate on your career being a new hire.

Why would you want to date your co-worker? You going to see him all day at work then after work then on the weekends...no thanks! Dating a co-worker is messy when someone becomes bored with the other.

I would be open with a co-worker with benefits no strings attached but finding a lady that would be down with that is the issue.
Yes I'm from NYC. That's what I was doing until he started coming over to my desk and sit next to me for hours. I felt very distracted.

Why would i want to date a co-worker? because I like him? you dont want to date a co-worker cuz you dont want to see him/her 7 days a week, then you probably shouldny be dating. I date to get married, not to sleep around. once they are you wife/husband, you see them 7 days a week too. If you cant handle that, why bother dating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 06:47 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genger View Post

Why would i want to date a co-worker? because I like him? you dont want to date a co-worker cuz you dont want to see him/her 7 days a week, then you probably shouldny be dating. I date to get married, not to sleep around. once they are you wife/husband, you see them 7 days a week too. If you cant handle that, why bother dating
Because dating actually =/= marrying, and if you date a co-worker you may break up with a co-worker but still have to work with them every day, which is a special kind of hell that few should experience.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Because dating actually =/= marrying, and if you date a co-worker you may break up with a co-worker but still have to work with them every day, which is a special kind of hell that few should experience.
i get your point and i totally agree with that. but i dont agree with the fact that you should not date a co-worker because you will be seeing him 7 days a week. If you like/love them, you want to be around them all the time. People need space, I agree. I do sometime too. but it should not stop you from liking someone. I think its stupid when people put their feeling aside because it does not seem realistic.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
and also, why are you already expecting that you will break up with them? I know it is a possibility. it is also possible that things will work out. Why cant we all be positive and handle the break up only when it happens.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:41 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
and also, why are you already expecting that you will break up with them? I know it is a possibility. it is also possible that things will work out. Why cant we all be positive and handle the break up only when it happens.
I don't "expect" to break up. It's ALWAYS a possibility. Smart people consider all angles of a situation.

I drive my car every day. I don't go out EXPECTING to have a wreck, but I know that it is a possibility, and COMMON SENSE and EXPERIENCE tell me how to lessen the possibility.

It MAY happen, and I know that it sucks when it DOES happen, so I take all precautions to avoid that. I still drive, though.

You're free to do whatever the heck you want. But you asked why not date a co-worker, and I gave you a reason.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I don't "expect" to break up. It's ALWAYS a possibility. Smart people consider all angles of a situation.

I drive my car every day. I don't go out EXPECTING to have a wreck, but I know that it is a possibility, and COMMON SENSE and EXPERIENCE tell me how to lessen the possibility.

It MAY happen, and I know that it sucks when it DOES happen, so I take all precautions to avoid that. I still drive, though.

You're free to do whatever the heck you want. But you asked why not date a co-worker, and I gave you a reason.
So i guess you did not stop driving but you just do not do certain things that will cause a wreck. alright you have a valid point of view. but it is driving, relationship is not. Relationship involves two people and feelings. If you are not willing to take a risk and give them a chance, nobody will do the same for you too. you predict and expect the negative outcome, there is a greater chance that it will happen because it totally change how you react to a situation.

I am going to do whatever i want. and i do not need your permission. You tell me what you think and i do the same too. you cant handle someone disagreeing with you. that's your problem. not mine.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:57 AM

432 posts, read 362,206 times
Quote:
my co-worker and I are both new hires. We both started about a month and half ago.

We used to sit next to each other, then we got moved to a different location and we don't sit together anymore.

He was around me all the time until last week. He would come to my desk and pretend that we are working together. He would flirt with me and make eye contacts with me.He calls me nicknames and tease me a lot.

I think I have been giving him signs that i like him too. I make eye contacts with him and flirt with him. I touch his hand and shoulder some time. One day I asked him if he could take me to subway cuz i wasn't sure where Q train station was. He said, he couldn't because he had to work late. After that, he kinda waited one day until i leave work and tried to take the same elevator as me. but that was all.

I brought him muffins one day and he said no. When i offer mint, he takes it though. And he said no to the ointment i brought for his mosquito bites.

since last week, he stopped coming to my desk. and stopped being chatty like he used to. He leaves work earlier than before too.

He doesn't seem like he has a gf but Im not sure and I don't know how to find out. He seems very confident at work but im not sure how he is in relationship department. I've heard him complain once in a while saying oh this and that person likes you better than me. So i know he has that insecurity.

I just want to know if there is someone else in the picture or may be he wasn't interested and it was all in my head?
Seemed like he was doing some harmless office flirting, someone developed feelings though!

Old 10-15-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayzer View Post
Seemed like he was doing some harmless office flirting, someone developed feelings though!
i was getting this idea that he really liked me but he won't ask me out because we work together. I dont want anybody who does not want me. I used to have this idea that men dont like women who like them first or who likes them more. I no longer believe in that. and I am not about to hide and chnage my feelings just because i am scared that they won't like me back. I am a living breathing human being just like men, if they can develop feelings and like us, why cant we?

I'm not afraid to lose someone who won't meet me half way.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:37 AM

432 posts, read 362,206 times
Quote:
i was getting this idea that he really liked me but he won't ask me out because we work together. I dont want anybody who does not want me. I used to have this idea that men dont like women who like them first or who likes them more. I no longer believe in that. and I am not about to hide and chnage my feelings just because i am scared that they won't like me back. I am a living breathing human being just like men, if they can develop feelings and like us, why cant we?

I'm not afraid to lose someone who won't meet me half way.
Stop it.

You would fall over yourself the second he asks you out. Another thing, you can't just "change your feelings" especially when it comes to attraction.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayzer View Post
Stop it.

You would fall over yourself the second he asks you out. Another thing, you can't just "change your feelings" especially when it comes to attraction.
I did. I am on my way back to being myself again. I just did not like the idea that he was giving me the idea of liking me but then wont make a move. Now that i know he does not feel the same way, I am moving on. I will find somone who will go out of their way for me sooner or later. Everything happens for a reason. The reason in this scenarios is we're not a match and I am one step closer to finding the love of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships